Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Elvis

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Elvis

I remember when Teddy Bear came out I was on the Empress Of Britain.This real John Lime who spoke very posh and loud was on the captains table.He was spouting off "have you heard this rubbish that people are listening to today,"I just want to be your teddy bear.I dont want tobe your tiger tigers play to rough".He was quoting the different lines with in between "Good God have you ever heard anything so stupid".and obviously to show their intelligence the others on the table "tut tut guffaw guffaw tut tut".It was so funny to listen to these jumped up snobs.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

there were quite a few contenders for the title, buddy holly, gene Vincent, Eddie Cochran bill Hailey. I always maintain bill Hailey was the king
    Backsheesh runs the World
    people talking about you is none of your business
    R397928

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I agree with you Alf. Bil Hailey gave the World Rock and Roll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Think there could be one very long argument on that title.
    AJ

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Shipmates, Ref" The King" or better known as Elvis, Gone but never will be forgotten, WHY he still has fans in every part of the world.And many people world-wide still make a living copying him. his records are still played everyday on radio{ Elvis }was a show business god, a one off in the time where rock -roll was born. Back in the day, many singers , Groups, songwriters, had the greatest talent !!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I seen a guy in Tenerife (a Yank) not only did he look like Elvis he sounded exactly like him he did the different bars all free to the customer of course and a good nights entertainment.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

On holiday in Florida some years ago, we were eating in a restaurant when in came Elvis, closely followed by his twin brother, then his third and 4th twin. We had my 85 year old mother in law with us and she could not resist talking to him, telling him she was too young to remember his music. The next thing was we had 4 elivis's round our table serenading her. There was a huge Elvis convention going on in a hotel over the road with competitions for the best Elvis impersonator.
    The next night we were eating in a well known steak house (part of a chain in Florida) where the entertainment was billed as being the best Elvis impersonator ever. When he came on we recognised him as one of the gang we had met last night. He recognised us as well and for a large part of his act he was serenading the mother in law. Bit of an embarrassing moment trying to enjoy a steak and a beer after a hard day in the parks, only to have an admittedly excellent Elvis at your table singing his heart out whilst dripping sweat all over and reeking of cheap cologne, never mind the looks from around a 100 or so other patrons plus staff, staring at us.
    rgds
    JA

gray_marian Guest

Will agree to differ on who was the best, their music enticed us to sing and dance......but from a female point of view Elvis was also very easy on the eye!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well I never fancied him , but I have never been confused
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

john sutton Guest

there used to be a Chinese restuarant in poynton nr stockport called elvis,s palace.all the waiters dressed as elvis and we were treated to Chinese waiters doing elvis impersonations.Put my staff xmas "do" on there one year.great night out and the food wasn't bad.
    Don't know if its still going
    john sutton

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast