Thread: estate agents

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default estate agents

Here we go again in the UK, it seems the housing market is hotting up, and estate agents rubbing their hands with glee. I can recall 20 years ago when the market was slowing down, i had put my house on the market, and after only ten days the estate agent came back to tell me i should drop the price (it was him who had told me what price to expect in the first place), i asked him why, and got the standard reply, falling market, and position is every thing. I had a chat with my wife and we decided to go with another agent. I had great pleasure when i went in the office to tell them, and he asked why i was changing agents, when i told him that position was everything, and his office was not in a good position to sell my house. i went out of there like a dog with two d****, KT

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: estate agents

KT. they are all Bent. They should all be gaoled just for being what they are. Estate Agencies are crime scenes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You don't need an estate agent, some year's ago, I put a small sign in the window, and had a phone call within half an hour, asking me to name the price, as the caller wanted it for her son. We just needed the Solicitor, and saved quite a bit. ( never even met the purchaser) !

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi shipmates, Any one can be a estate agent , you dont need them anymore ,you post your details on line, and wait for the offers? And shop around for a soilictor to exchange contracts dont do it yourself too many pitfalls. Many estate agents dont do a good job and are not value for your money many cheap tricks are used by them. See Captain Kongs post.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

A Cardiff estate agent broker was dismayed when a brand new real estate office much like his own opened up next door and erected a huge sign which read ‘BEST ESTATE AGENTS.’

He was horrified when another competitor opened up on his right, and announced its arrival with an even larger sign, reading ‘LOWEST COMMISSIONS.’

The estate agent panicked, until he got an idea. He put the biggest sign of all over his own office. It read: ’MAIN ENTRANCE’

Another local estate agent parks his brand new Porsche in front of the office to show it off to his colleagues. As he’s getting out of the car, a truck comes speeding along too close to the kerb and takes off the door before speeding off.

More than a little distraught, the estate agent grabs his mobile and calls the police. Five minutes later, the police arrive. Before the policeman has a chance to ask any questions, the estate agent starts screaming hysterically:

“My Porsche, my beautiful silver Porsche is ruined, it’ll simply never be the same again!”

After the estate agent finally finishes his rant, the policeman shakes his head in disgust: “I can’t believe how materialistic you estate agents are,” “You lot are so focused on your possessions that you don’t notice anything else in your life.”

“How can you say such a thing at a time like this?”, snaps the estate agent.

The policeman replies, “Didn’t you realise that your right arm was torn off when the truck hit you.” The estate agent looks down in absolute horror……….

“Oh my God!” he screams – “Where’s my Rolex?!”

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Not sure about UK but here in Oz they live under rocks, only come out on Saturday and all have the ability to speak in a funny language. Put your house on the market with them and overnight the price will drop. Overnight they will tell you the market has fallen, then they drive off in their fancy cars to find another sucker to con.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller