Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: good news

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default good news

All this good news coming in from the government fuel freeze till 20015, married couples allowance, economy improving, help for 1st time home buyers etc, etc . Do i detect an election coming in the near future?me cynic? KT

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: good news

Keith, Some of these politicians want to come north of Milton Keynes m8 unemployment in the north east and west is still on the increase. None of them have ever had to queue in a food bank to feed their kids and never will. The have and have nots culture in the U.K has never been greater since this coalition was formed. Who would be a youngster on a zero hour contract. Things are looking up alright our army is being replaced by reservists. We don't have a Navy or Airforce worth thinking about. We are still Governed by Brussels and Strasbourg so what have they achieved { NADA } 3 years on nothing negative has come out of all the bullshi* rhetoric that has bettered the U.K. Is red Ed the answer I doubt it. Any young person thinking of getting the hell out of this country I would say bon voyage. There is life after death. Did we win two world wars along with our allies or was it all a dream Terry.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/co...time-1941.html
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

To be fair Terry , and I am an incomer down here , the youth employment prospects are just as bleak here South of the Watford Gap , as they are anywhere else , the difference here is the quick trains into london mean that Posh houses over half a million get snapped up by commuters , Beware the High speed 2 , your house prices will double as you get soaked in Londoners , and the Kids will still have no jobs
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Did we win two world wars along with our allies or was it all a dream Terry
    There was No World Wars Terry, it has been Air Brushed out of history by Brussels, it never happened. It was only thought up by Hollywood for entertainment.
    Merkel has done what Kaiser Bill and Hitler failed to do. Control Europe.
    We should have kept out of europe, BUT all Our Stupid Politicians have destroyed a once great nation.
    If I was young I would get out of this country.
    Brian

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi shipmates, old donkeyman saying "They cant lie straight in bed" Talking to a mate a road sweeper ex molder, tubal cane foundery made chains for ships years ago , Now council worker 14 years on job age 70 . taking the money and doing a runner dont want to work? with wombles litter pickers unemployed people ' who are force to work for they benifit, he dont want slaves, he dont want to be an overseer!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by robpage View Post
    To be fair Terry , and I am an incomer down here , the youth employment prospects are just as bleak here South of the Watford Gap , as they are anywhere else , the difference here is the quick trains into london mean that Posh houses over half a million get snapped up by commuters , Beware the High speed 2 , your house prices will double as you get soaked in Londoners , and the Kids will still have no jobs
    Rob, That's what I am saying m8 the only place showing signs of growth is the capital, But its hardly worth banging a drum over. I am one who agrees with Mike Barton Chief Constable of Durham calling for decriminalising class A drugs. The dealers have to be put out of business because its a war the police cant win. They have neither the manpower or the resources to deal with the ever growing problem. A very sad report out this week a very large percentage of our youth which also takes in under 10yr olds suffering from depression. These are issues any government should take on board they are our future and deserve better. The attraction of an easy buck only causes ordinary people misery in life if people of any walk of life want to take drugs don't burn it give it away on prescription under a controlled environment its worked in other countries in Europe plus the crime rate is more than halved. I took the wife for a meal last Friday night local pub nice place to eat I couldn't believe what I saw with it being the end of the month and pay day just how many of the local youth are fueled on drink and drugs. Not all unemployed but the majority yes. We could debate the for and against all night but I say it as I see it to many turf wars in all cities my own included guns to easy to come by and far to many innocent victims. Let them eat cake its there choice and at least let the rest of us lead a normal and safe life. At the moment I would say its a minority but unless the next generation are given a helping hand instead of kicking them when they're down I firmly believe it will become the majority. Take away hope you take away dignity take away dignity you create anarchy and civil unrest. If this government doesn't help these young kids out instead of stopping welfare benefits for weeks on end sooner or later a demagogue will win them over you will spend the rest of your life looking over your shoulder. The chancellor in his speech today spoke of all unemployed kids doing something for welfare benefits along with long term unemployed and drug users how many times have we heard this. Cleaning the streets, Tidying local parks, Cooking meals for people in need, Stacking supermarket shelves to help out these poor store owners. I had to agree with Nigel Farage today that Cameron and his party does not know how to handle ordinary working class people. I remember when these menial tasks were the jobs a lot of people done for a living and were paid a wage to do so and quite happy in there work. Yes there is an election looming judge the coalition on what it has done in the last 3 yrs not what it says it is about to implement its all words to little to late and impossible to implement in there last year in office. Tomorrow will be interesting, Lets see what the Education minister, the health Secretary, And the clown himself Boris Karloff has to promise. Sorry lads its all downhill for the Conservatives UKIP A thorn in there side and they know it. I hand over the soap box to anyone else would be interested to hear any Conservative views Regards all Terry.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I really have no right to state to what is to me my past residence. However on the way home last month via Zurich, where I had an extended wait for the next flight, it cost 20 pounds for a cup of tea a sandwich and a glass of beer. If that is the prices that the British working man is going to have to pay for the privilege of being in the European fiasco, I would strongly suspect the country cant afford it, especially with the massive amounts of taxpayers money that has to go out to keep the impoverished countries going. If I still lived in the UK I would certainly be voting for the UKIP, or if ever I have to return through force of circumstances, would attempt to vote for any party that advocated coming out of Europe. Regards John Sabourn

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Interesting topicidering the state most of the EU is in. As many oc you will know we have just ahda Feral erection here in Oz. The Labor party does not have a current leader so there arte wto after the position which will be decided by a vote of all party members and the Caucus. Listening to the two candidates last night brought me to this conclusion.
    If you are a member of the Labor party or if you support them then you give up all rights to think as an individual. The party comes first and you must follow their 'wisdom' in all matters, so thinking for your self or acting alone is out of the question. I believe this to be the case in all countries who have a Labor party.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

After reading Post #6 .I agree with a lot of what is said , but I am becoming more disillusioned , the parties , All of them , are disturbing to me , We have only had voting rights for around a 100 years , and am determined to use my vote , even in the local elections . The biggest concern , is that based on history , the history of recent times . I doubt any of the politicians are worth that vote
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

gray_marian Guest

Re Happy daze John post 8,

"we have just ahda Feral erection" ..... mmm, think I'll move to OZ, sound's much more rewarding than what the Government here is offering.
    Last edited by gray_marian; 1st October 2013 at 08:45 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast