Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: good news

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: good news

John, I said last year that Bill Shorten will be the next leader of the Labour Party and still stand by this, if not now he will be at the next election. I also said the past as regards a politicians life should be no secrets as regards his past. I doubt very much whether this will be done in his case. If nothing else it is refreshing to have a normal person whether liked or not, whose life is an open book and carries no baggage as regarding his personal sexual, Christian or weird ethics that so many in politics seem to have, more so in the last Labour government. At least the leader of this country has stated his aims and knows no lies will be acceptable. Cheers Queers and Ginger Beers. John Sabourn

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

never trust a conservative!! this was drummed into us as kids. now its also never trust labour. i have noticed that through all these labour and conservative conferences??. the media especially the BBC, never mention the other parties, UKIP the greens etc. how are we, the electorate, supposed to vote, when all we get are two and a half parties (libs) constantly thrust upon us.i think these smaller parties should be given an equal amount of air time.
    Backsheesh runs the World
    people talking about you is none of your business
    R397928

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Should be never trust any politician Alf. Cheers John Sabourn

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have just recieved in todays post from the Council, Electoral Registration 2014.
    It is written in FIVE ASIAN Languages.
    Hiow the hell can people Vote in UK when they cannot read. write, or understand English.
    It is little wonder that I have Asian Town Councillors and an Asian MP.
    This is not a Rascist rant, it is just a Fact of life in the UK now.
    Brian.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have said this previously , the founders of Labour were well intentioned , but the party was hijacked by posh boys from private schools , so we have blue Conservatives and Red Conservatives , I have listened to Nigel Farage , and we have pretend Conservatives to , the Greens want us to live in yurts and eat candles and grass , they all seem a bit posh , and vegan to me , so we have lunatic Conservatives . Clegg , and I don't know how he ever found his way out of Holmfirth is a pretend Conservative . The Advice you was given Alf , is no longer correct , so Vote Conservative ,m you have no choice , just choose from Bad , Mad , as told by your dad , or sad , they are ALL Conservative , just the name differs now .

This was a Party Political message of help , and no non indigenous mammals lost their lives as a result . Having studied Politicians at arms length , from George Brown to Gordon Brown I conclude , they all enter men of the people and leave with heavy pockets
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Brian
    Under some stupid equality act all council literature and forms have to be printed in god knows how many languages. Just think of the cost involved in making sure that the translation into Swahili is correct and that the translation has not affected the true and legal content of that document.
    Our good friends in Brussels biggest budget is for translation services where every piece of legislation has to be translated from (I think) its French (official written language of the European Parliament) to all the other languages of the mother country OOOPS Sorry, the European Union, and then translated back into the original language so as to ensure that nothing has been lost in translation, which by the way was a dam good film, far better than any useless European Parliament.
    Like you, I despair.
    rgds
    JA

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hey capt I think you should emigrate to Liverpool there is a neighborhood there with still some scousers left I hear . all the best .Nev.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It is not just confined to Asiatic Languages and of the EU, also in Britain,
    My son was a Senior Consultant in Cardiff Hospital. He was very happy there BUT......
    Every diagnosis, every patients Notes, every prescription every instruction had to be Translated into Welsh Language and from Welsh to English.
    He said it cost a fortune for the translations and also wasted a lot of Doctor / Patient time.Even when dealing with a Somali Patient the translations into Welsh had to be observed., I am not anti Welsh It is rather nice in its place, but on occaisions such as Medicine and such it can be a bit of a handicap.
    Diolch.
    He got out and is happy to be back in England.
    Cheers
    Brian.
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 1st October 2013 at 04:50 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tindell View Post
    All this good news coming in from the government fuel freeze till 20015, married couples allowance, economy improving, help for 1st time home buyers etc, etc . Do i detect an election coming in the near future?me cynic? KT

Keith,
    Our ex Labour Prime Minister will be very pleased with the news that fuel prices are frozen until 2012 bearing in mind his new mode of transport.
    It is painted in deep blue and gold.....tonys plane..jpg

John Albert Evans

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just read in this mornings newspaper the headlines NZ not to bad for older people .We are ranked seventh out of 91 countries .The top six countries Sweden ,(oh for that Swedish nurse ,Norway ,Germany ,Netherlands ,Canada and Switzland .Australia 14th behind Ireland 12th and Britain 13th

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast