Thread: car insurance

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default car insurance

Last year when my car insurance was due, the renewal came in at £325, so i phoned them up and asked if this was the best they could do, they then quoted me £268, with exactly the same policy with the same underwriter, this was less than i had paid the year before. So at that point, i renewed. I have just received this years quote, £303, and again i have phoned up and asked the same question, they then quoted £251, again exactly the same policy, even cheaper than last year. When i asked why they quote less with a phone call, his reply was that it was a loyalty bonus!!. Loyalty bonus my a***, if you are daft enough to write a cheque, or accept without question they are rubbing their hands. Blood pressure rising again KT

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: car insurance

similar situation- renewal time- nothing to deal with , worry free we do all the work, just confirm your bank details, B*****ks
    went online, got a qoute £50-yes £50 less than the telephone quote with the SAME company. went back on the phone, no quibble- matched it. I would rather do it by phone as we all know we have to input so much personal detail which takes an age to do and just ONE slip of the keyboard it's back to go, added to that the information that would be floating round the world wide web does concern me.
    gilly
    R635733

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thats right Gilly, we may be getting older, but we have more savvy than to just give our money away, regards KT

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: car insurance

Hi Keith,

Your observations regarding Motor Vehicle Insurance premiums are absolutely correct. I suspect such practice is rife throughout the western world ( and perhaps
    elsewhere). I, too, have experienced the same response from Insurance Companies here in Oz. To illustrate, I will explain. In 2009, I purchased a 1998 BMW, Series 5, model E39 (which most 'afficionados' will tell you is, arguably, the best looking 'Beamer' ever built. It is still immaculate) Anyway that is by the by. At the present time it has 130,000 kmh's on the clock (or in 'Pommy talk' about 78,000 miles). For a BMW of that vintage, the mileage is low, but regardless of it's excellent condition, both inside and out, they were still only prepared to give me minimum insurance coverage for my vehicle ( about 1/2 of it's true worth). Like Keith, I questioned this and when I suggested I might seek insurance cover elsewhere they were all over me like German measles. In the end they agreed to cover my vehicle for approx. three-quarters the cost of their original quote ( $900 instead of $1200). Unfortunately, I am somewhat jaundiced in my regard for insurance companies. It is my honest opinion that, after the legal profession, insurance companies are guilty of the greatest rort upon society. The advent of political correctness has been a godsend to an industry that now enjoys the benefits of governmental demand for compulsory insurance for those wishing to engage in organised sport or recreation.
    In Australia, it simply means that if, as a parent, you want your child to engage in any sporting activity then, in some way, be prepared to pay for the privilege. I fear the world has gone mad.

.............Roger
    Last edited by Roger Dyer; 7th September 2013 at 01:15 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

In the UK you can get a Classic Car insurance that will reflect the value of a collectors car try this one in australia http://www.shannons.com.au/ The premiums and valuations reflect the classic collectoirs cars here so I expect it may be the same there . Personally , not being a BMW fan I think the 635CSI was the Best looking followed closely by the 850
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )