Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How dangerous?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default How dangerous?

THE Sunday roast is the cornerstone of British culinary tradition, a meal whose origins may lie obscured in the annals
    of gastronomic history but which is guaranteed to evoke nostalgic feelings about childhood weekend joints with all the trimmings.
    It is, however, also the most dangerous meal that can be prepared in the kitchen, according to a report carried out by an insurance company. Sharp knives, hot fat and pans full of boiling water combine to make a roast meal the most perilous thing one can do in the kitchen (apart, that is, from a man telling his wife that his mother's roast potatoes were really so much better).
    The next most dangerous dishes, according to the report, are chicken tikka masala, a full English breakfast, fish and chips and bangers and mash. The least risky dishes are said to be beans on toast, followed by boiled egg and soldiers.

Then of course there are those who would prefer just the soldiers, any way they come.

Is there any part of life now that is still safe, are there some out there who spend all their time looking for such events to occur.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Bugger it !!!

Bugger the dangers,just give me my Roast and Full English on a Sunday!
    Actually i do all the cooking anyway,so up to me to be vert mindful of wat i do in the Kombuis!! Haha!
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default One day

One day all our meals will come in squeezy tubes and tablets like space travellers, as all other forms of food preparation will be deemed too dangerous for the mere mortal to prepare, the words 'convenience foods' will take on a whole new meaning.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Dont go in the kitchen

Hi shipmates, Hi Happy john in oz ,Do they mean eating it? my good lady allways cooks my sunday dinner, so I dont come to any harm? But its hard work opening a few bottles of beer, and my home brew can be detrimental to you health!!! The full english breakfast is best purchase in our local cafes {Raymonds} is world famous, used by students and people who have had much to drink on the weekend. Curry {takeaway} all types is everywhere here 24x7{ cheap} just go on the blower, no need to go in kitchen? we have some allmost as good as they have in Boltonstan.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default Louis my Amigo:

Is that Ramon's Café ? Salisbury Road way ?

Havn't been here in ages was an institution then and has apparently not changed at all in the intervening years. Really good simple food and bargain prices. The breakfasts are the main staple and a must try on any first visit.

This place is a hidden treasure of Cardiff. A true greasy spoon in a plastic world of double frappacino mocha skinny rubbish.

Usually when in town head for the Central Market: Upstairs for the faggots and peas etc. Cheap as chips !

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

could,nt beat Stan waters for their bangers . and nudgers and the dockers in their greasy macs .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Cloherty View Post
    One day all our meals will come in squeezy tubes and tablets like space travellers, as all other forms of food preparation will be deemed too dangerous for the mere mortal to prepare, the words 'convenience foods' will take on a whole new meaning.
    'Convenience foods' are they the ones you eat in the gents??
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

leratty Guest

Oh a roast is so good I love cooking it, making the gravy etc (Boss Cocky does the Yorkshire pud though if beef) just that I am so bloody hungry by the time it is served I wolf it down getting told off for eating too fast. I recall as a student making some chips in the kitchen & the fat caught fire, bloody hell I was stupid, I guess panicked & I threw water on it........ what a shambles. Then had twice as much fire & it was everywhere, up the walls, everywhere. Eventually got it out but the paint in the kitchen was a shambles. Not sure how we paid for the damage. We did have a great landlord he was a Yorkshire Dr we were all at London University, he was sure forgiving as well as understanding of our to him I am sure very very odd life style.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Love my Sunday roasts but do things different to most my gravy is a food group all on its own after a trip to hospital a friend was left in need of help so i went round did the cooking for him and the kids and they loved it the mash was real potatoes and no lumps the veg were cooked in salt water no added sugar the pork was cooked in pineapple (full tin chunks juice everything went in ) the kids were saying how good everything was and could i come back to to do Sunday dinners more often as dads mash was lumpy and my veg were better (dad was a bit upset at these comments being a chef trained by the royal navy and me only an ex raggy arsed AB )

The stock used for the gravy and adding everything the meat was cooked in (with some additives i change depending on the meat ) that did it the kids found out that the gravy had pineapple juice in the mix and went mad saying i should have told them so they could say no gravy did they like it yea they asked for extra it was only after the meal i was told its disgusting putting that stuff in without telling them

Funny they don't trust me to cook a Sunday dinner anymore and there is no way they will ever find out what i put in other stuff

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default thank you M.N. chefs and cooks

Hi shipmates, I can cook if I have too ,I was taught at sea {deckboy/peggy} I think every young boy should be taught how too, it has come in handy many times!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast