Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Price of a Pint

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Lads, when i was at sea a pint of mild in my local pub was 1s 7p, and my mates used to moan as i drank boilermakers (brown and mild) which was 1s 9p, an extra 2p!!!. If any of you are in London now, the cheapest place to drink is the house of commons £2.70 a pint, KT

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tindell View Post
    Hi Lads, when i was at sea a pint of mild in my local pub was 1s 7p, and my mates used to moan as i drank boilermakers (brown and mild) which was 1s 9p, an extra 2p!!!. If any of you are in London now, the cheapest place to drink is the house of commons £2.70 a pint, KT
    Is thta the one known as PM p15s????
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

sounds crazy to me here in the us the price of a pint ,last I remember it was 1/9pence ,and 1 bob on the ships . but all in perspective its about $ 4.50 in a restaurant here . so I drink most of mine at home ,can get a full case of 24 for $15 . on sale . in wallmart .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

When I started to sup ale the price was an old 9 pennies a pint of Mild,and 10 old pennies for a pint of Bitter. 24 pints for one pound.. A tot of whisky was one shilling.
    On Cunard and CPR, Wrexham Lager was an old 8 pennies a pint, 30 pints for £1.
    No wonder I was always legless in those days, Never knew if I was sailing outward bound or just docked after a voyage.
    Happy Days.
    Brian.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default 10 d old money

Hi shipmates, Drink at sea was few and far between no bar for the crew on most ships, 4 cans a week and rum ration on some ships if you were lucky? but it did get better after a few years, crew bar with Tennants larger in barrels served cold, with roses' lime juice lovely drink in the tropics/hot weather but no shorts allowed, We had free nights and all you could drink nights , allways had a good time never no trouble. The tennants/Harp larger ashore was not the same.or was it me?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

yes Louis and that orangeboom 3 cansa night saved till sat if you could be strong and save it......never managed to save it all ever....best about 10 cans

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I had my 21st birthday en-route to Japan via panama, about 6 days out from Panama, we had amassed a certain ammount of cans, the chief steward was a good hand. On my birthday night, 12-4 watch, i had been made farmer,Tommy Odriscoll, and old seaman from Liverpool went up on lookout well p*****, monkey island, fell asleep on a mushroom vent, and fell onto the whistle lanyard. All hell broke loose, skipper on the bridge in his pyjamas, Tommy taken off watch and logged the following day, birthday i will always remember, even 51 years later. KT

8. Likes Tony Reeves liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Doctors Orders

My doctor told me a few years ago to cut down my alcohol intake to the recommended level I think he said 21 units a week, Well my lads one year old son my grandson gets christened this Sunday, I havnt had a drink for 4 weeks so by my reckoning I am owed 84 units this Sunday. So on Sunday Mathew I am going to be bloody rat ars*d. Even the long haired one might look good by the end of the night. The last night out I had on my own I got home about 4am telling myself to shhhhhhhhhh as I wet the door key to get in without making any noise only to find her standing behind the door LOOK AT YOU SHE SAID YOU ARE STAGGERING You don't look so bad yourself dear Terry.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Tennants in cans with pictures' on them

Hi shipmates Hi Cappy "orangeboom dutch? was only on the posh ships in green dumpys {good stuff }

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default It's the way you say it:

Quote Originally Posted by Louis the Amigo View Post
    Hi shipmates Hi Cappy "orangeboom dutch? was only on the posh ships in green dumpys {good stuff }

Louis my Amigo:

Went to see Queen in concert years ago. In Rotterdam asked for Orangeboom and was given Orange juice, apparently had not pronounced it correctly. Went to Brussels for the concert, asked the barmaid for two beers and she replied Maes Pis, not certain if she peonounced it correctly.

K.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast