Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PC or not PC ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default PC or not PC ?

Supermarket forced to pull packets of Whole Hearted Roasted Monkey Nuts from the shelves...because nuts aren't listed as ingredient:

Booths is concerned the label doesn't state the packet contains peanuts

Nuts have been withdrawn as they pose a risk to people allergic to them

FSA issued Allergy Alert to warn people monkey nut shells contain peanuts
    Customers with nut allergy told to return the product to Booths for a refund

Read more: Supermarket forced to pull packets of Whole Hearted Roasted Monkey Nuts from the shelves...because nuts aren't listed as ingredient | Mail Online
    "Our veterans did not forget about us .... Let's not forget about them." From Michael Levesque

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Now that is so fecking funny I can not stop laughing at this. Got to be a wind up.
    That's the way the mop flops.

My thanks to Brian for this site.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The labelling laws in the UK , although EU Origin are very strict , and because some people can die with allergies , they have to have the allergy warning on them , if not you may get sued by a customer who is totally stupid but has a great lawyer . And Monkey nuts are obvious to me , but what about Tiger Nuts , they are not nuts they are a root and not as far as I can tell in the Nut Allergy group . See what comes of reading the Daily Mail , People have been warned here before , Stick to the Guardian , you know it makes sense .
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

These Monkey Nuts carry traces of Monkeys.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

cant understand anybody wanting to eat monkeys nuts strange world cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thought their brains would have been better tasting. John sabourn

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by robpage View Post
    The labelling laws in the UK , although EU Origin are very strict , and because some people can die with allergies , they have to have the allergy warning on them , if not you may get sued by a customer who is totally stupid but has a great lawyer . And Monkey nuts are obvious to me , but what about Tiger Nuts , they are not nuts they are a root and not as far as I can tell in the Nut Allergy group . See what comes of reading the Daily Mail , People have been warned here before , Stick to the Guardian , you know it makes sense .
    This article is in most of the papers and on other sites, not just the Mail

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Makes one wonder just how many people died from eating nuts (edible kind that is) in the past as I can not recall anyone. Does this mean that we are going to have all nuts stamped with a contents sticker if so then I might pass because I am buggered if I am going through the pain of a tattoo on the nuts. For those that do will they have to keep them fully exposed so others can see the warning? I bet some on site would have no problems if they wore shorts like we do out here in Oz. Like everything else a load of BS and something to distract us away from important issues.
    That's the way the mop flops.

My thanks to Brian for this site.

leratty Guest

Keith, that started in the US I recall in the late 60's with no nuts on aircraft due to PC. Now you have all these items without certain ingredients for sale bread without gluten it is amazing, yet they still sell Coke to fat kids & people who are eating diet foods you just have to laugh! When we were young did anyone we know have a peanut allergy or collapse due to some food they ate at school or where ever, not that I recall. Ha we all had an allergy to some food we just would not eat it broccoli , turnips, swedes, my fathers home grown lettuces oh so bitter, rice & sago puddings, the list goes on.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The daughter of a friend collapsed and died after eating food containing nuts, she had had an allergy and if she had any kind of traces of nuts in food she would go into spasms and very high temperatures. she had to be very very careful of any product that contained traces of nuts, But one day she missed it and died, a lovely girl. aged 18.

So to some people it is not a joke, it really is death.
    Cheers
    Brian.
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 28th April 2013 at 10:49 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast