Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: what will be next?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default what will be next?

0800 news today---processed meats can lead to premature death! This meat includes ham, chicken, bacon and lordy knows what.
    Pity, because I used to like a piece of ham, especially the 'black variety'. ho hum!!!!

See you in the next world.

Colin.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

itswot u call in the pink regards cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default strong meat

Re your post about the dangerous life threatening results of eating processed meats Colin, I had a frightening experience with Black Ham some years ago, but thanks to the timely intervention of 50,000 cc's of penicillan and regular visits to a certain hospital department with no name on the door, i survived.
    gilly

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default dont eat the meat

Hi shipmates, Hi Collin . I have not had any black ham for years, had a bit in the west indies {very nice} What did we call pink lint? were the arab donkey man right not to eat bacon, or did they are get mad cow disease? we will meat again!!!

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default The vegeterian society:

THE VEGETERIAN SOCIETY, must be loving all this ? Must add they produce much of the green house gas etc, survived this far, bought both black and white pudding for the morning, whatever is in it !

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

if it was up to the boffins we would be eating lettuce leaves morning noon and night?jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

When my late wife was terminally ill , and on the short slippery slope , we would try anything to reverse the trend , She bought a book , It described a cancer cure by turning vegan , this village in China ate very little meat and there was no Breast Cancer , ( Breast Cancer is most prevalent in the over 55's ) well could we reverse it by eating bean sprouts , I would have eaten Brussels sprouts if I thought it would help . The cure was useless , I researched this cure more after , When I had more spare time to research these things , there was a good reason there was no Breast Cancer , a Bloody great majority were dead by 55 , because of the diet they were on , they were prone to stomach cancer , so all the statistics in the World , can go to the bin as far as food is concerned , I will however concede that frying the bread of my bacon sandwich in the bacon fat is nice , but a few too many calories s, so I don't do it any more
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

i think it is when you eat rather than what you eat if you work in heavy industries a good breakfast is a must then you can work of the calories no lunch and a moderate meal of of an evening eat late you turn the food into fat?jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default what will be next

If wetake notice of a lot of these so called experts on what to eat and what not to eat we would be starving . I eat anything that i like and that covers process meat the onlything i dont eat is rice

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Fresh Water

Louis when you think back to the fresh water we used to drink, before the advent of distillers and evaporators, and which was even rationed at times. The number of fresh water tanks I have cement washed out, and holding glass to light could still see all the foreign bodys swimming around, also some of the ports where you took very suspect fresh water and had to drop chlorine into in the hope of making good. We must have built up some resitance to, was enough excuse to take a glass of rum with to kill the bacteria. I ignore all these experts on food and also eat what I want, depending of course on the wife, as the women all seem to be brainwashed when it comes to food and drink. Cheers John Sabourn

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast