Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: what will be next?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

t he old man never went ashore for 15 years in the wheelhouse he had a iron box riveted to the bulkhead every time he came on the bridge he told all on the bridge to look the other way the apprentice couldn't help himself and had a peep he saw the old man take a key from round his neck open the box take out a paper and read it years later the apprentice came back as mate and found the capain retiring at last before you go captain is it possible you could tell me whats in the box the old man gave him the key and said don't open the box till im ashore the mate duly waited then rushed to the box and opened the paper which stated remember port is left and starboard is right regards cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Liverpool man

Was a common saying in my early days at sea, always assumed he was the result of some macabre death, maybe a body found in the tank system of some ship years after construction. He was always considered a Ghost and always invisible. The story and saying must have originated somewhere. If no one knows where it originated on here must assume will disappear from memory altogether like other things in general concerning maritime superstitions, sayings and general seamanship knowledge. Regards John Sabourn

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cappy View Post
    t he old man never went ashore for 15 years in the wheelhouse he had a iron box riveted to the bul....khead
    i wonder if he is working of Singapore?jp

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5