Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: what will be next?

Tony Morcom Guest

Default Each to their own

Far from it Davey. I had no intention of introducing a debate on the rights and wrongs of smoking. Just as it is your right to choose not to smoke it is my right to do if I wish. I don't deny point of view, it just does not coincide with mine on this occasion.

Gulliver Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cappy View Post
    Gulliver u r entitled to your view but sometimes its not needed cappy
    Cappy,please tell me why I do not have a right to air my opinion here or is it simply because it does not tally with your viewpoint?
    Are you also sure that any of your opinions are needed or not here?
    Last edited by Gulliver; 9th March 2013 at 10:45 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

only that we all know by now the problems caused by smoking and after some 50 years of smoking myselfhow hard it is to give up do gooders telling me wot to do would not have beenany helpregards cappy

Gulliver Guest

"and after some 50 years of smoking myselfhow hard it is to give up do gooders telling me wot to do would not have beenany help
    regards cappy "

Ah,now I understand,I touched a raw nerve then cappy.

No,I suppose back then when I was a smoker I too ignored the 'do-gooders',whose advice was not needed thank you.
    Now I only wish I'd heeded their warnings a bit earlier and stopped sooner than I did before any cardiovascular damage was done.

Best Regards
    Gulliver

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default health issues

Visiting my local health centre to collect a prescription- in the foyer there was an anti smoking display with paramedics in attendance giving advice and answering lifestyle and general health questions. There was a mock-up of a road accident and advice on first aid. I was approached by a hi viz wearing paramedic and was asked what i knew about CPR, my reply of '' not a lot, i only did one trip on the Empress of England in 1960'' seemed to puzzle him a bit. These shoresiders- they know nothing!!
    gilly

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Gulliver same here came to retire never been to docs for perhaps 40 years moved house to retire to had to sign new docters nurse took blood pressure said don't move whilei get the doctor doctor comes ses you need immediste heart surgery wot do you drink and how many do you smoke I wasn't happy bunny any way after telling her id been on a beer and brandy night most of the night she said my bp was the highest shed ever seen put on more tablets than a box of smarties the wife carried on alarming about theciggies but eventually stopped cut down on the booze and am now on just 3 aday and feeling good this after now13 years regards cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

-I stopped smoking 24 years ago, I was on up to 80 fags a day. I am glad I did as I know I would be dead by now with cardiovascular disease. Two of my mates have died in the last two years from lung cancer, my ex wife is in a bad way with her lungs, on oxygen 24/7 and in a wheel chair gasping. a miserable life.
    I took her to Salford Royal hospital on the 24th of January to see the worlds leading Consultant on Lung disease. Mr O`Driscoll, He told her, her lung disease was caused by her smoking and nothing else.
    Nothing can be done for her, there is no treatment, and her future is now very limited.
    On my recent Operation in Hawaii, before the anaesthetic, I was examined and told that my lungs were in excellent condition, the Doctor said they lose patients in operations because their lungs are in a bad way due to smoking and cannot take the anaesthetic and so die.
    I must admit that in times of stress or with a problem a ciggy can be very helpful, makes it a little easier to cope with.
    If people want to smoke, then if they are aware of the facts, then the choice is theirs, it is their life style and if they are happy with the facts then that is OK.
    People smoking around me doesnt bother me, I am cured.
    Every man is in charge of his own destiny.
    Cheers
    Brian.
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 9th March 2013 at 11:43 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

why not take up jogging {that's good for you} yeah the American doctor who started all this jogging dropped dead at 42? run along the main roads heart and lungs going at full capacity all that good carbon monoxide filtering around your body. the next time you are walking along the roads have a look at young mothers pushing buggies some cross over when cars are stationary with engines running the child is about 1ft away from the exhaust very good for the kid that?pollutants are all around us everywhere smoking is bad for us yes but just one in a long list that we do every day and don't forget the fat ask an Eskimo to stop eating it they have the lowest heart disease rate on the planet sugar was pure white and deadly years ago its not now what has changed. the boffins are given massive grants every year they have to come up with something or no more dosh. just a thought? jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default what will be next ?

Rob.looking at your list and i see brewers yeast comes second.I have been suffering badly with what the doctor said is gout for the past six months or so.Ihave been prescribed three different lots of tablets which have had no affect whatsoever.As I have a set drinking pattern I could tell which was my better days,for instance I dont drink mon/tues/wed so by thursday morning I was in less pain.Out thursday friday sunday so off we go again.I have always known that bitter beer caused cramps in my legs and it has always been said that mild beer does you no harm.Anyway for the past two weeks I have been drinking mild beer and the gout has disappeared withouy any medication.Bitter mild both beers using yeast so whats the difference I dont know but i am feeling the benefit after switching from bitter to mild.
    Regards.
    Jim.B.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Jim B, I also drank bitter for years, and suffered terribly with piles(dont laugh), i was advised bitter was aggravating them, and to switch to lager, this i did. Magic, no more pain in the bum, KT

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast