Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Census Papers

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Census Papers

Just the other day i was doing some house cleaning when the door bell rang opening the door there stood a nice young lady and said i have some papers for you to fill in and i said what are they for then she showed me the bag she was carrying she ask me if i was the man of the house so i said yes waving my feather duster around so she gave me another paper saying i had to fill this also the questions they ask it is unbelievable .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Louis Barron View Post
    Just the other day i was doing some house cleaning when the door bell rang opening the door there stood a nice young lady and said i have some papers for you to fill in and i said what are they for then she showed me the bag she was carrying she ask me if i was the man of the house so i said yes waving my feather duster around so she gave me another paper saying i had to fill this also the questions they ask it is unbelievable .
    What were the questions or am I missing the point or just being thick?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Forms

Most forms one used to fill in started with name and sex. I suppose there are now various legal answers to the sex question. Could be male, female, Bisexual, Dont know, refuse to answer, depends what I feel like on the day, I refuse to answer on the grounds it might incriminate me, and all this before you get into the other questions. Cheers John Sabourn.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Census Papers

Stewart have you every read our Census papers ifyou readv them youwould see some of the questions are irrelevant ,to me they are very private and i will not answer them

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You could always do the awkward thing Charles , like Sex -, only with young Census Takers , Race , -1500 Metres Religion Catholic Protestant ******
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default census

oh, come on Charles, don,t keep us in suspenders, what did she want to know, or was it not suitable material for this site haha
    Colin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Sent her round my house, when the wifes shopping ....

Hi Shipmates, "The Census" are very important to the Government and big business without that information how would they know , How many jeddi knights live with you? and How many bathrooms you have? and a very good one where do you come from? How come some get lucky, and have free sex for filling in forms? it allways cost me a drink, and a bag of chips

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I worked as a census collector on three of them. Some of the answers were beyond a joke, some just hillarious but we had to take the papers as they were and not comment. As we collected we had to just check all the relevant bits were completed, I am amazed at how much strawberry jam gets on to them and hwo mnay are partialy eaten by the dog.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Last one we had in NSW could be done on the computer. I like reading the questions and interpretating them how I want them to read just like politicians do when asked a question. As a point the answer starts with? So what you are really asking is?
    That's the way the mop flops.

My thanks to Brian for this site.

Cebu, Philippines district of Punta Princessa.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

have never filled one in, but the last Census was not long befor i came here, i threw it in the bin, then a woman came a few weeks later and asked where it was, said i binned it, gave me another one and said 2000 pound fine if i did not fill it in, so i told her i had no intention of filling the form, never heard any more, its an invasion of privacy, the results are eventually used against you. gives more power to big brother.
    Tony Wilding

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast