Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Weigh In

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I never discriminated against any ethnic group , but a few years ago when taking on a site electrician , my boss concious that the only designated female toilet was in the office block for the office ladies , did ask how she was going to go to the toilet , he obviously did not want a greasy engineer in the office block , I suggested she probably sat down , but if he was not sure I expect his wife could confirm the answer . He was not amused . I would honestly admit the first five minutes determined short list or shove off , that is why it is so important to be smart , clean , washed and awake . The only football bias was when an amateur player applied for a job but needed every Saturday off in season to play for his pub team , but I have had a Darts player apply , could not work Monday and Wednesday nights because of Darts league , and a few more like that .

Not in my department , but we had a problem with a few "Temps " from a ****** sect who due to their cultural requirements could not defecate over water , and used to stand on and break the plastic seats , then fill the pan with paper to sort out the religious requirements , these guys were North West African in Origin . The employment agency suggested that we replaced a WC with a special one , I argued that maybe we replace the recruitment agency with a sensible one , on that occasion I won the argument
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I would honestly admit the first five minutes determined short list or shove off , that is why it is so important to be smart , clean , washed and awake --from above post by rob

Just after leaving the sea i turned up for an interview in my scruffs dripping in oil and grease in a rush and only just in time things were looking pretty bad i Appleseed for the time and my condition said i got carried away repairing the girlfriends car the guy that interviewed me then asked 3 questions what was my last job how long i was there and can you start Monday

Best shore side job i ever had i got made redundant from that place 5 times and each time told not to look for another job take a weeks rest and come back, the reason for this was every department had to lose some staff on a last in first out basis , with me being the new boy on team i was always the last in on the maintenance department but my job meant i was essential to the running of the place it was like here take this £500 bonus and have a week off

As for agency sending staff i told the owner of one place i could get staff that would do the job but the reply was we use an agency for that i pointed out the flaw in his logic that the agency staff were all getting told not to come back for the next shift and replacements were sent i ended up throwing the keys at that guy and telling him where to shove his job my phone was ringing in my pocket before i was out of sight of the place with a job offer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2