Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

Good day to our Australian Gentlemen Members.

Could any of the aforesaid members in the in the aforesaid location, PLEASE, if it's humanely possible, take in two (one member + wife) people ( who absolutely LOVE Australia) for a few days till this cold spell is over?

We are more than willing to do the cooking, and a few menial house hold chores to pay for our keep.
    We could, if required bring with us a bucketfull of genuine WELSH ice and snow to keep you cool during your countries heat wave of 45.8 degs.
    Please reply soonest,
    We love Oz We adore Sydney,
    Fair dinkum, or whatever it is you lovely people say!!
    Teeth chattering, frozen toed,
    Colin

p.s if youhave friends elsewhere in your beautiful country, perhaps you could circulate this post as a matter of extreme urgency

Your very good member compatriate,
    Colin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default At this time i think you had better stay put Whew!!!! Heatwave!

At this time i think you had better stay put Colin,we are having a hel of a Heatwave,Sydney got its hottest day on record for 125 Years Yesterday at 46 degrees!
    Penrith hit 47 and even here in the Mountains we got to 36!
    But if you have plenty of Sunscreen and good wide Sombrero's then well its your call haha!
    The Cooking bit sounds good Colin,what kind of Chef are you? I love my Food! ;O;!
    The Inn here is open! Get packing and you have a good trip!
    Make your own way to the Mountains,there are Horses and Carts available at the Horse Stalls just outside the Docks! Cost is thripence a Mile!
    We are about 50 Miles out West! See you manyana!
    Cheers

Buy more Blankets,and plenty of Wood! LOL!

SERIOUSLY MATE TAKE CARE IN THAT COLD!
    Cheers
    Dock the Crocl!
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I am off to Tahiti a week on Thursday, Not as hot as Sydney , but just nice for being on the beach with the Wahines and a cool Hinano Beer.
    All welcome.
    Cheers
    Brian.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default Candid Camera:

Many moons ago, Candid Camera set up a ham radio chap: his hobby was to talk to all sorts world wide on his radio set up. His family and friends knew he always signed off with if your ever this way, come along and say hello. Well they set him up over 12 hours with actors in costumes from all corners of the earth, knocking on his door and saying he had invited them. Sure this was in black and white and well before the net and utube etc.

See you Monday.

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I am off in the morning to Sunny Fleetwood for two days of winter sun.
    Bet you all wish you were to. Cheers
    Brian.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Colin you are of course more than welcome here in the warmth. Vernon calls it heat, no Vernon heat is what you get in Coober Pedy when it gets to about 50, or maybe Marble Bar where it gets to over 45 and stays there. Me, I love the heat, hotter the better, not a fan of a lot of clothing or shoes so it suits me. Only ever were short sleeved shirts all year, been like that since I read the USA constitution many years ago, the second amendment, the right to bare arms!!!!
    But Colin if you want to come take a plane to Indonesia then get on a boat, then to Christmas island where it is not so hot LOL.
    But I know how you feel, last time I saw that white stuff I got the next ship out.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default still brrrrrrrrrr

Gentlemen, what can I say??!! I am completely overwhelmed by your kind invitations to stay with you for the cold duration here in the U.K.

I've had a word with 'er indoors, and she's quite prepared to knock up a plate of chips now again, and of course to 'flop a mop around ' once in a while.

Right, we found a few Tesco bags and packed what we think we will need.

Now, how to get there. According to my map, I go down my drive, turn left at the bottom and follow the road up to the railway bridge. At the 'Horse & Jockey' I turn left then head for the M4. Somewhere along there I turn right for Southampton where I have rented a pedalo to take us to Oz. Having been to Oz before I know the way. Straight down the Atlantic, over the Equator, and turn left at Capetown. Now, if my navigation still works, Australia is the first big island I come to. And thats it. Come ashore,a nd ask somebody if they know where you live. EASY!!

Where on our way, put the kettle on.

Many, many thanks, and best regards,

Colin.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

i had to snap the dog off a lamp this morning we were like torvill and dean out there nothing like a walk in crisp snow. stay out of the yellow stuff?jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default It i know gets and stays Hot

Now John
    It i know gets and stays Hot in some places like Coober Pedy ,and Alice and the Likes,but mate it was Hot here! Broke all records in Sydney,People were really running for any cool spots,and the Beaches were packed,most of course in the Water !
    No mate you can keep all your Sun and heat,bare your Arms haha! and get you Brown Body!
    But beware! and i say Beware! in Years to come your skin will shrink,you will get old and ugly Sun Marks all over those Areas you bare to the Sun,and then mate what will you do for getting the Ladies to look at you haha!
    I think i wil just stay pearly White,with smooth skin,and no wrinkles ! LOL!
    Take care mate
    Cheers
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 19th January 2013 at 08:01 PM.
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRr

If you miss AussieJohn you might land in Port Chalmers i could do with a gardener

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast