Thread: PASS THE BUTTER !!!!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default PASS THE BUTTER !!!!!!!

Pass The Butter.... Please.

This is interesting . .. .

Margarine was originallymanufactured to fatten turkeys. When it killed the turkeys, the people who had put all the money into the research wanted a payback so they put their heads together to figure out what to do with this product to get their money back.

It was a white substance with no food appeal so they added the yellow colouring and sold it to people to use in place of butter. How do you like it? They have come out with some clever new flavourings....

DO YOU KNOW.. The difference between margarine and butter?

Read on to the end...gets very interesting!

Both have the same amount of calories.

Butter is slightly higher in saturated fats at 8 grams; compared to 5 grams for margarine.

Eating margarinecan increaseheart diseasein women by 53%over eating the same amount of butter, according to a recent Harvard Medical Study.

Eating butterincreases the absorption of many other nutrients in other foods.

Butter has many nutritional benefits where margarinehas a few and

only because they are added!

Butter tastes much better than margarine and it can enhance the flavours of other foods.

Butter has been around for centuries where margarinehas been around for less than 100 years.

And now, for Margarine..

Very High in Trans fatty acids.

Triples risk of coronary heart disease ....

Increases total cholesterol and LDL(this is the bad cholesterol) and lowers HDL cholesterol, (the good cholesterol)

Increases the risk of cancers up to five times..

Lowers quality of breast milk.

Decreases immune response.

Decreases insulinresponse.

And here's the most disturbing fact.... HERE IS THE PART THAT IS VERY INTERESTING!

Margarine is but ONE MOLECULE away from being PLASTIC...and shares 27 ingredients withPAINT

These facts alone were enough to have me avoiding margarine for life and anything else that is hydrogenated (this means hydrogen is added, changing the molecular structure of the substance).

You could try this yourself:

Buy a tub of margarine and leave it open in your garage or shaded area, within a couple of days you will notice a couple of things:

no flies, not even those persistant fruit flies will go near it (that should tell you something)

it does not rot or smell differently because it has nonutritional value ; nothing will grow on it. Even those teeny weeny microorganisms will not a find a home to grow. Why? Because it is nearly plastic. Would you melt your Tupperware and spread that on your toast?

Share This With Your Friends.....(If you want to butter them up')!

When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

Pass the BUTTER PLEASE
    John

18th Century Proverb " He who would go to sea for pleasure,
    Would go to Hell for a Pastime"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Those facts are indeed true, yet some years ago here in Oz the federal parliament were extoling the values of margarine. But I had alady worked for me who had her husband working in a margarine manufacturing plant. Staff were allowed a kilo of the stiuff each week to take home. She gave it all away mainly to other family members. ????????
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default my mrs wont let me have any butter

Hi shipmates, The dairy {farmers} lobby will try every which way to make the public buy more products, but sales are falling world-wide but the facts are the first thing any doctor will say if you have any heart or health probelms or are over- weight is NO DAIRY that means full fat milk, cheese most types, butter, and red meat, Many Asian men and woman in the U.K. have heart probelms not cause by life style /genetics but due to the ghee butter thats used in most Asian cooking. currys e.t.c. The best thing to put on bread, is olive spread or low fat olive spread, so the doctors say,I like marmite myself but with my luck is could be toxic.