Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: School - 1957 vs. 2012

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default School - 1957 vs. 2012

I received this in an email today and thought it might amuse...

Scenario: Johnny and Mark get intoa fight after school. 1957 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shakehands and end up best friends. 2012 - Police called, and they arrest Johnny andMark. Charge them with assault, both expelled even though Johnny started it.Both children go to anger management programmes for 3 months. School governorshold meeting to implement bullying prevention programmes.

Scenario: Robbie won't be still inclass, disrupts other students. 1957 - Robbie sent to the office and given sixof the best by the Principal. Returns to class, sits still and does not disruptclass again. 2012 - Robbie given huge doses of Ritalin. Becomes a zombie.Tested for ADHD - result deemed to be positive. Robbie's parents getfortnightly disability payments and school gets extra funding from government becauseRobbie has a disability

Scenario: Billy breaks a window inhis neighbour's car and his Dad gives him a whipping with his belt. 1957 -Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college, and becomesa successful businessman. 2012 - Billy's dad is arrested for child abuse. Billyremoved to foster care; joins a gang; ends up in jail

Scenario: Mark gets a headache andtakes some aspirin to school. 1957 - Mark gets glass of water from Principal totake aspirin with. Passes exams, becomes a solicitor. 2012- Police called, carsearched for drugs and weapons. Mark expelled from school for drug taking. Endsup as a drop out.

Scenario: Johnny takes apartleftover fireworks from Cracker night, puts them in a paint tin & blows upa wasp's nest. 1957 - Wasps die. 2012- Police & Anti-Terrorism Squadcalled. Johnny charged with domestic terrorism, investigate parents, siblingsremoved from home, computers confiscated. Johnny's Dad goes on a terror watchlist and is never allowed to fly in an airplane again.

Scenario: Johnny falls over while runningduring morning break and scrapes his knee. He is found crying by his teacher,Mary. She hugs him to comfort him. 1957 - In a short time, Johnny feels betterand goes on playing footie. No damage done. 2012 - Mary is accused of being asexual predator and loses her job. She faces 3 years in prison. Johnnyundergoes 5 years of therapy and ends up gay.

No wonder things are such a mess!
    Ron's Daughter
    R399144

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Different!

Everything has changed Jacyn
    Yes indeed in the good old days like said ,we could have it out and have a Beer after!
    These Days one cannot even say waht you ant without being Arrested! Mad Mad World we now live in!
    Cheers

Thank for something a bit different!
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Council School

School I went to was a mixed school 11to 15 year olds. If boys found fighting were taken and heavy boxing gloves put on and fought 3, 3 minute rounds in front of the school. The gloves were that heavy was knackered at the end of 3 rounds. Cannot in wildest dreams see the same thing happening today. Was on a ship in my early days where the Master also carried 2 sets of gloves, and employed the same answer, any problems between anyone, this on the hatch of course. What I can see is we seem to be raising a bunch of cissys. Cheers John Sabourn

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Today is much better for school

Hi shipmates ,Hi Jacyn wade, !957 is the dark past today is the future in the olden days teachers and all people who look after children in public and private could do what they liked to them, and many did Some teachers were good and kept them in order ? but most were clueless and should not have been teachers,I know many children were were caned for any reason I myself was beat up and canned up my wrist !!! had bruised fingers for not playing rugby on a saturday???? for the school , had to do three paper rounds we lost a cup match? today the two teachers would be in court and throw out of they job but nothing happen to them ???? We had a teacher who taught metal work who was going with a 13 year old girl pupil and meeting in his store room after school time? my mate saw him courting? and reported him to the head-master, What happen he was moved to another school. Drugs {hard} used by teachers one was a heroin junky and heavy drinking in the lunch -time was common in all schools, Today the schools and rules are much better for pupils and bad teachers A friend of my youngest son was expelled from for school selling drugs in the play ground his mothers new boyfriend was a drug dealer so she let him? Thats the real probelm not the rules but{ bad parents } The teachers today are doing a good job with no help from the government, who keep changeing the exams and kept massive class size in many schools, children who cant speak or understand english and special needs children are the main pupils in many iner city schools. If you touch any pupil ******/ eastern european you will be dismissed from your job !!!! No teacher is allowed to hurt or abuse any child in the state sector.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My step daughter is a Teaching assistant. She was sent on a First Aid course and is now the school `nurse`.
    a couple of weeks ago a five year old girl fell in the playground and badly cut her knee, it was bleeding.
    My step daughter had to get another Teacher, she is not allowed to treat children alone.
    The girl was wearing tights, she is not allowed to pull down the tights to treat the cut on the little girls knee, even tho` there is another teacher with her. They had to try and persuade the little girl to pull her own tights down, she couldnt as she was too upset. The little girls Mother had to be phoned up at work, she had to take time off work to travel to school just to pull down the little girls tights so the wound could be washed and dressed in front of the Mother and other Teacher.
    It was nearly two hours from getting injured to getting treatment.
    This is totally ridiculous.
    I think only a Pervert could think up of a system like that,
    A normal person would just go ahead, pull down the tights, treat the cut and pull them up again without any thought of perving. What have we come to????
    Maybe these `people ` who think up these Rules should be Vetted themselves, normal people would not think about it.l
    Brian.
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 18th November 2012 at 11:51 AM.

Tony Morcom Guest

Having a 9 year old girl who is always getting into bumps and scrapes I can vouch for this Brian. She needed a pill the other day and I was asked to come in and give it to her. I was told by the receptionist that I would have needed to complete 4 forms if I had wanted them to give it to her!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Not perfect

Hi shipmates, The truth is today Teachers are not allowed to be babysitters/parents to young children, due to all types of laws and rules which stop them doing they job. I would not like my children today to be giveing any tablets by some of the teachers in some schools, only a proper S.R.N. nurse which most schools cant afford to employ, the rules may seem stupid to us? but the local councils who run most schools dont like to be taken to court by angry parents and have a nasty court case and massive costs' to pay. as an ex council worker I have seen this in action {social dept} My daughter is a teacher for the last 7 years most subjects maths e.t.c to A exam level , not young children so I understand some of the workings of the modern school system but its not perfect but with budject cuts due to hit all schools £35 bn of them it will become worst ? more rules are in the pipe-line and cuts to many schools.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default School -1957 vs 2012

Sure things have changed these days you have to be carefull with children i love kids having a good family and i have 14 grand children and 4 great grand children when i do see them now and again i get abig kiss and a hug from them but not so long ago in the super market i stopped to smile to a wee kid in the trolley next thing the mother said to me what do you think you are doing i felt like telling to p****** off but my better thoughts took off its not safe these to touch children ..These people who are telling us about what we should do and not to do most of them have no family life so how the hell do they know ..I know there are some bad people around and the kids have to be careful

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default kids

Lou, the bad people have always been there and always will. I wouldnt mind betting that most of the older ones on this site could tell a few stories about certain teachers and others suspected of what is now called predators. Most of us knew who they were and if you were that way inclined maybe you went along with it. What we now have to call Gay was called something else in my day, whether right or wrong is up to the individual now. It wasnt so long back where this was illegal unless consenting adults over 18. Some countrys it is still illegal throughout, also some of these countries, and we all know their views is Women are for Procreation and small boys for pleasure. The western world to me always seems to have the most do-gooders who want to make waves. The number of men now coming forward and saying they were sexually abused as kids amazes me. I have recollections of sitting in a cinema and a bloke putting his hand on my knee, I was 11, I stood up and planted him one in the face. I think some of these people now making all the fuss a proportion of them should put it down to experience instead of milking it for all its worth financially, they are not going to get back whatever they think they have lost. Regards John Sabourn

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Schools are not what they were in our day. You could buy single smokes in the local shop for a couple of penies, you could get six of the best if you got caught. Then the do good brigade came along and told us no more behind the bike shed, no more running around the playground in case you fall over. Then most contact sport were banned, just in case you got hurt. Then the cane was banned, physical punishment is no more. And what do we get for all of this so caled 'Good will'? A generation of peole with no respect, a lack of morals as well as moral fibre, a generation who think the world owes them. No wonder thw orld is the way it is.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast