Thread: The moral of the story is........

Tony Morcom Guest

Default The moral of the story is........

For all those who have insurance renewals due in the UK soon I strongly urge you to take the time and play the internet system at its own game. All the comparison sites really do work if you make sure to use at least 3 or 4.
    I got my contents renewal from Saga in the post this morning and it had gone up from £68 last year to £96 this year. Time to shop around methinks. Two hours ago I started and was soon being bombarded with emails and phone calls with ridiculous quotes well in excess of £100 with up to £200 voluntary excess on top of their compulsory £100 excess.

One phone call I got was from Swinton who agreed they could not get it below £100.

Well guess what I have now just bought from that very same company through another comparison site for £64!! including full accidental damage cover and a total of only £50 excess. So that's now £4 cheaper than I paid last year with significantly better cover plus benefits. Oh and that includes paying by instalments and the associated interest

So the moral of the story is.........work the system and don't rely on just one comparison site. Its well worth a couple of hours work.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

tony last month i hit a pothole it sheared the CV joint wish bones and drive shaft now i could not claim of the corporation{because the hole had not been reported} funny thing it was filled in the next day my own insurance didn't want to know!!!! so basically my car was wrecked and to ad insult to injury my insurance wanted another £75.00 for me not completing the 12 months contract. after a long and heated phone call to my insurance the £75.00 was dropped. lucky it was my second car that i kept on the road till the tax and mot ran out so much for doing everything by the law so stay away from budget 42 years clean licence no claims for or against? so now i have to use this brand new thing i have gotjp