Thread: House of Commons bar and Cafe

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default House of Commons bar and Cafe

Hi All, Some weeks ago i posted on the debacle of MP`s brawling in the bar at the house of commons, and that i had emailed my `MP voicing my anger that this was subsidised by us the tax payer. Yesterday i received a reply from my MP, and from George Young, addressed to myself on the Isle of White!!!!!. I would put the content of this letter on this forum, but unsure how to. Basically, reading between all the waffle and bulls**t, he says that due to the unpredictable hours worked by Mp`s ,the subsidy is required to the bar and food to be used sometimes into the early hours,( yea right, like thousands of other workers), and that the subsidy is to be reduced during the next 5 years etc. These people are just taking the Mick, roll on the next elections, will give UKIP a go Kt

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There should be No Bar in the House of Commons,
    We had no Bars on our Tankers, they were taken off over twenty years ago and breath test kits put on board to stop any one under the influence from making bad decisions. and we were many thousands of miles from the nearest pub for several months.
    So, To stop the Government and the MPs from making bad decisions, The Commons should be an Alcohol Free Zone with a Breath Test Kit being used for MPs suspected of drinking.
    They are employed by US, We pay their Salaries, so what is their problem.?
    Have a nice day
    Brian

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi keith, to go off track a little, where are you from on the island? I was born in Ryde, and lived there till the age of 13. My fathers family go back generations hailing from Cowes and Newport. My uncle was a magistrate and 3 other members drove southern vectus buses during the war right up till 10 years ago. cheers.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi English Margaret,
    Glad to find another islander here, my wife is a true islander, i am an overner, but been here for 36years now, we live in Shanklin now, having lived in Sandown for 16 years, regards Keith Tindell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

lovely place. I do miss the island

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Why do the polis have to stay late at night, what do they get up to? Why do they not work, and I use that term in a generous manner, during the day time? But there is one other problem here. We employ them, but we have to pay them tax???? Some form of oxymoron there!
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Attn: Keith.

Hi.

My maternal great grandfather Sydney George Moss b. 1869 d. 1939 was born in the Isle of Wight, (1911 British census.). So I guess I have a very small claim to being an Islander. That's as far as I could get. Rumor has it he was born in Copthorne and later lived in God's Hill.

Rodney

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default house of commons bar and cafe

Back on my old soapbox i know, but come on you guys in Scotland, email your MP`s and point out the unfairness of the minimum price of booze they are sticking you with , and your MP`s use the bar. Year 2011 the subsidy for the catering and retail(includes the bar) was £5.8 million, published by them!!!!, if you put in Google , house of commons bar and cafe, up will come those figures. They sit there pi**ing it up, while dreaming where to tax us. We are like lambs led to slaughter. I`ll calm down now!!!! KT

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I bet that they also have chaufers waiting to drive them home at the expense of the taxpayer because they are to drunk to drive. Sorry to add to your woe's Keith but there is more to it than just drinking. These are the same people that complain about not having a personal life and missing out of their family's. Like you said earlier as if there are not enough tax payers out there that also miss out of family life while trying to make ends meet. I comment on this because our parasites do the same stuff here in Oz.
    That's the way the mop flops.

My thanks to Brian for this site.