Thread: e- petition OAP Tax change ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default e- petition OAP Tax change ?

Sorry to appear thick (but I am sometimes)
    Does anyone know what I have to type into the search box to connect to this goverment petition ?
    Graham R774640

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What is a baby boomer generation please. Am I a Baby Boomer????? I am nearer 80 than 65.
    Cheers
    Brian

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Brian,

Baby Boomers are people who were born between the years 1946 and 1964 so you are not one I am afraid. They were supposed to be the result of the end of the war, but went on for bit. I always thought it was 1945 to 1955 though.

Chris
    Last edited by Chris Allman; 31st March 2012 at 07:05 PM.
    When one door closes another one shuts, it must be the wind

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default My generation:

A baby boomer is a person who was born during the demographic Post-World War II baby boom between the years 1946 and 1964, according to the U.S. Census Bureau. The term "baby boomer" is sometimes used in a cultural context. Therefore, it is impossible to achieve broad consensus of a precise definition, even within a given territory. Different groups, organizations, individuals, and scholars may have widely varying opinions on what constitutes a baby boomer, both technically and culturally. Ascribing universal attributes to a broad generation is difficult, and some observers believe that it is inherently impossible. Nonetheless, many people have attempted to determine the broad cultural similarities and historical impact of the generation, and thus the term has gained widespread popular usage.

link: The Who - My Generation - YouTube

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Chris.
    My father was flown home from Alexander as my mother was supposed to be on deaths door.
    9 months later I was born in sep 42.
    Does that count???? LOL

Ron the batcave

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Therefore, it is impossible to achieve broad consensus of a precise definition, even within a given territory. Different groups, organizations, individuals, and scholars may have widely varying opinions on what constitutes a baby boomer, both technically and culturally. Ascribing universal attributes to a broad generation is difficult, and some observers believe that it is inherently impossible. Nonetheless, many people have attempted to determine the broad cultural similarities and historical impact of the generation, and thus the term has gained widespread popular usage.

K.

After reading that, I am glad I am not one of them. They dont sound too good. I think I will stick with the Thirties.
    Cheers
    Brian

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default Generally in humour:

Generally in humour attributed to power cuts, winters, darkness and boredom if not a bit of baby booming due to poor eyesight, judgement, advice partner etc. Not wearing condoms, freedom, the pill and decent chat up lines.

Baby Booming here ensures a Cheque, House and Home and similar for all family and freinds, if it does not work for you try Bingo. Lottery or crime ?

K.