Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Where all in this togeather

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default We are all in it together.

Today planning permision ruling has been amended.We all know that some of the planning permission restrictions were well antiquated and did require some revision and we have seen some terrible acts of vandalisim carried out by local councils because some individual had not stuck to the plans,many petty liitle things that could well have been overlooked.The planning rules have been reduced from 1000 pages to 50,it's strange how this goverment can change things so quickly.Am I being cynical but recently David Rowland Property Magnate and Lord Sainsbury Shop Keeper had lunch with Mr Cameron (Part of His Come Dine With Me fund rasing) Rowlands £4.2 million donations past 5 years,Sainsbury £1 million donation.Do you think it was possible that planning permission rules were discussed at these lunches.Mr Sainsbury in the past has had trouble obtaining planning permission for some of his supermarkets.I suppose Rowlands wants the Green Belt laws altered and I would'nt be supprised if he has already bought some prime land which at present would be cheap as it is covered by the Green Belt Act.We're all in it together,thats if youve got money!!!!
    Regards.
    JimB.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

In my formative years I lived in central Derbyshire , and was having a pint in the Labour Club in Belper one Saturday afternoon . The Local MP took a position at the Bar there after conducting his weekly surgery . He was quite blunt to a couple of people who spoke to him and by half past two fell over in a spectacular heap in the bar . That was his regular Saturday afternoon pursuit , Surgery - drink-fall over . I always regarded that as an example of the men that we elected to represent us regardless of party . It was teh first time I had seen the results of the full trough and the diners who sup there . I spent twenty years taking a vote but caring little for who was elected , until Sealink were "offered " to the highest bidder , Which was the American James Sherwood , very keen to get his hands on a large piece of Real Estate that British Rail Owned at Parkstone Quay . Holyhead , Stranraer etc . I wrote to him and his letter was churlish to say the least . The next election I and 250 others in the borough voted for "The Havant Hot Bread Party " who had one policy , more hot bread shops in the town , but they were the only party that I felt were actually telling the truth . My father was a NUM part time shop steward , and a Labour Councillor on what is now Amber Valley council , Every Election in those days the same Labour MP , Raymond Fletcher , I think , was voted in with a comfortable majority . I remember the immortal words of the aged parent when discussing the local labour and conservative MPs , I dont think anywhere was liberal for 50 miles in any direction , I asked how they selected the candidated , The old man's reply was ( He may have pinched it I do not know ) in these constituancies you could dress a pig up in a red or blue tie and it would get voted in , trouble is the local parties often do !

How times have not changed
    Last edited by robpage; 27th March 2012 at 02:08 PM. Reason: spellung wis awlfel
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default That is and always will be

A big problem in this country, To many strongholds in most costituent,s. My M.P. is and always has been Labour regardless to what party i vote for. And i have not seen him in the flesh for the past 15 years Good thread lads Terry.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My MP is from Pakistan, I phone her Office quite a lot, her Secretary always says she is in Pakistan
    I have sent her emails but no responce.
    IS THIS DEMOCRACY?????????????
    I am waiting for some country to bomb us and then invade us to Give us a Democratic Government.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

as regards voting i allways do and like the rest get lied to the old saying {pi..ing into the wind} springs to mind?.john

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Kong !!!!!!!

Half your offsprings are in Pakistan just dont invite them over here,,,,,,,, Thats Democracy. Regards Terry.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Ted, Sorry you are wrong there, I did not do that in Pakistan.,
    My off spring are alive and well living in Grant road, Bombay. And I have told them to stay there. they are better off.
    Cheers
    Brian Patel.

Cebu, Philippines district of Punta Princessa.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default we are all in this together

Camerons latest squeeze, now if u go to a Bakers Shop and buy hot sausage rolls, pasties or pies , VAT will be charged, when will this thieving goverment stop, ?. any excuse to rob us more, bakers should put microwaves in the shop . let the customer heat them after payment, expect that would be illegal, ? they would tax the use of the microwave

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What this country needs is a strong man like ex Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew of SINGAPORE, he is still the godfather of the nation in retirement.
    He dragged his country up from a third world newly independent nation from Malaysia to the top country in the world. There are many disciplines there but he got the results for a better place to live for the people.
    Cheers
    Brian

Cebu, Philippines district of Punta Princessa.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

can you imagine it ever happening a UK citizen becomes an MP in Pakistan, ?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast