Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Where all in this togeather

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

In Post #82 there is a link , the vast majority of Islanders want the Airstrip , The Island population is decreasing quite rapidly . I would leave everywhere alone , but their words tell us that is what , rightly or wrongly they want . After all the Falklenders have chosen to be British as have the Gibraltarians . I think tourists either the rich or the masses should be banished from the faces of quite a few places , but economies and growth in remote communities , in Western states such as Greece people live for the Tourist Euro .

I had a good think about this one , despite Lord Ashcroft's desire , the Islanders say it all , an overwhelming majority want that runway , Greed will overcome them and the Hilton will appear and the 1955 Morris Oxford taxi that I toured the island in will be updated to a Mercedes E 320 , and Jamestown will get a McDonalds , but the Island will approach self sustainability ( Maybe )
    Rob Page R855150 - British & Commonwealth Shipping ( 1965 - 1973 ) Gulf Oil -( 1973 - 1975 ) Sealink ( 1975 - 1986 )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Fouro, quiet correct if 16yr olds get the vote up there which is a move that i would hope even them can see through. I seriously think if people get off there backsides and vote not just in general elections but local and bye elections. This coalition will not get another term in office. Having said that as i have said i personally have not seen my M.P. In the skin for 15yrs They have got to get off there ar*e and put a manifest together that will reunite the {BRITISH} Public Regards Terry.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Not really in the same subject as this thread but did not want to start another one of so posting it here. This happened here in Sydney and as far as I can tell it is the rag heads that made this a racist issue. Now I know that they do not have a sense of humour maybe they spend to much time with the rectum up in the air. Might not be to everyones taste but agree with what the people where talking about in we are not all considered equal and I am sure that is what the rag heads are on about as well but obviously not from this clip. Bear with me and if this does not turn out will delete the post.

****** man angry at protesters wearing burqas - YouTube
    That's the way the mop flops.

My thanks to Brian for this site.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Bingo!

Can't go past john Prescott.
    Enabled in to parliament .over the backs of the National Union of Seamen.
    What's the saying?
    "You can fool some of the People some of the time etc.
    He made it an art form.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I drag my wife to vote.
    I don't care if she puts a cross on every box. That's her business, but I still want her to make the effort.

On the 16 year old voting.. You send them off to war not long after that boirthday, so if the are good enought to do that , they should be able to vote.

I see up here the new voting papers have 6 boxes in Forfar. They now want you to but in your first choice then the second and so on.
    I thought that was chucked out or was this only for voting for westminster. Or is this backdoor trick again.
    I think as in some counties you have to vote.
    Next door from me voted one way as she thought that person was better looking than the other. With that, what can you do. As one kid said to his father " Is it true in scotland they have more Pandas than tory MP." I think it will stay that way.

This lot in westminster will be shot at dawn next election.
    I hope the really rich don't loose their work credits.( toungh in cheek)
    Ron the batcave
    Last edited by Ron B Manderson; 5th April 2012 at 06:37 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ron here in Oz you have to vote otherwise you get fined for not doing so. We have that system of preferential voting where you tick all the box's and can end up with your vote going to the party that you did not vote for. Some just tick the one box so that if that candidate does not get in then your vote is null and void. A lot of voters just go and get their name ticked of the register. You should see the upper house voting sheet. if you where to tick all the box's you would be in there for about half an hour as there are about a hundred box's or more to tick or just one tick above the line for a party vote.

Was glad to see on the news the other day that the young ones are protesting (in Denmark I think) about the ******s trying to take over Europe. It is good to see that generation is not going to take it lying down and there is hope for all of us still.
    That's the way the mop flops.

My thanks to Brian for this site.

Tony Morcom Guest

I think that we should have that system here as well. One has to wonder what the situation would have been if everyone had been forced to vote in the last election. One thing is certain the present coalition seems very unlikely. Just my thoughts.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default Prescription:

To be honest I have not read all but will: I do ask how in the world do you anticipate all being in it together, when prescription charges have been raised again in England ? There is no charge for the same in Wales, Scotland N.Ireland. Surely, it makes sense that all pay say 2 pound than England and the English pay over 7 subsidising all ?

Of to see the Doc, over the border in the morning !

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Les you can make your vote count by just putting one against the person you want and zero against all the others. It is legal that way and you do not end up giving your preferences to Donald duck.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10