Thread: Quiz section.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Quiz section.

Does the quiz section keep on disappearing,it does on mine?
    Regards.
    Jim.B.

Tony Morcom Guest

Jim you now have to be logged in to see either the quiz or crossword sections. If you log out then they will be invisible.Could that be the reason maybe?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Quiz Section.

Thanks for that Tony.The thing is when you are the last poster on a subject,that subject goes off the current screen (if that makes sense)I log off to see if the subject is getting any following,number of hits.
    Now that it cannot be picked up because I am not logged on I am stymied because as the last poster I cannot get it on quick links or todays post's????
    Regards.
    Jim.B.

Tony Morcom Guest

The solution for that one Jim is to go into your control panel and change the settings for receiving emails from the site. With my set up I get an email every time someone responds to a forum that I posted a thread on. My emails at home are set to send and receive on auto every three minutes. I often get an email about a response before it shows on site.

To get to the setting go up to the top left hand of your screen and hit User CP. Then go to Edit Options then Default Thread Subscription Mode. In the drop down menu change to Instant Email Notification. Then scroll to bottom of page to save your changes.

To change your email receipt options from your server depends on the system you use. This is one of the reasons I use MS Outlook because it controls everything for me and gives me all the options I need. My main Email is Sky.com which like hotmail etc isn't that user friendly when you want it to do something quickly. Outlook will log onto sky download my emails and log off all in the space of about 2 seconds where as you couldn't do it anywhere near as quickly manually.

Hope this helps. let me know if you need any further help.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Brady View Post
    Thanks for that Tony.The thing is when you are the last poster on a subject,that subject goes off the current screen (if that makes sense)I log off to see if the subject is getting any following,number of hits.
    Now that it cannot be picked up because I am not logged on I am stymied because as the last poster I cannot get it on quick links or todays post's????
    Regards.
    Jim.B.
    Jim I make you correct,
    you post a response and the whole thread disappears until someone else decides to posts another response,
    it's a bit silly I think because if you wish to revisit you can't find the bloody thing until they do , Weird .
    Graham R774640

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Not sure if it helps, when I click on 'New Posts', if there are any there, I will see them, if not I get the message below - click on - here and it will take you to the latest posts.

Sorry, there are no new threads to view.

You may search for threads updated during the previous 24 hours, here.

Tony Morcom Guest

Default For Jim B and Graham

Hi Guys

I have seen comments related to this topic before and am not sure where the problem lies. I understand that as soon as you submit your post to a thread the thread then disappears from the New Posts. However if you want to see what further updates have been made quickly why can you not go back to the Forums main page and scroll to the bottom where you will see all the latest posts. As can be seen from the enclosed screen shot I did just that and my postings were showing less than 1 minute after I posted them. There is also a reload button there to use or simply press F5 on your keyboard to refresh the page.