0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Racism !!!!!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

is it in our genes has our history drummed it into us that we are better than any other race question right if a BLACK MAN moved in next door to you he could be the nicest fella you could meet he could be a DR/ PROFFESER/ MAIL NURSE/you name it but what is he first? it is a sad world when the colour of a mans skin goes against him.john

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Racism!!!!!!

I never used to be racist having spent so many years at sea with many varied nationalities that we all had to work together with in order to have a nice safe ship and neither was my wife.
    However since starting our own business and seeing the antics of our mainly Asian cousins in the wholesalers, we are becoming more and more racist. We see them going round the wholesalers with a young white kid (being paid less than the min. wage) with them who they get to load all their trolleys with the stuff they want, lug them around the wholesalers, load their vans, unload them and stack their shelves whilst all the time being treated worse than a karzy wallah would be back in their native country, using words like "boy" etc. and never a thank you or similar. Yet no one ever dares pull them up, indeed I once saw a wholesale Manager called a "dirty white, f*****g b*****d" by one of them because a certain item that had been on the warehouse floor had run out and he had arranged for more to be brought from the stock room yet after 2 minutes it had not appeared, hence the rant. The guy had to stand there and take all this abuse without any chance of replying as he would have immediatley been accused of racism and most likely lost his job.
    SO WHO WAS THE RACIST THERE.
    It was often said to me that the black mans worst enemy was another black man with more money.
    Regretfully our various iidiotic goverments has over the past 50-60 years has meant that ethnic white anglo saxons are now almost a forgotten minority and have to put up wiyh massive amounts of so called P.C. related laws etc. to avoid being labelled racist and dragged before the courts.

rgds
    Capt. John Arton (ret'd)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default John!!!!!!!!!!

I also witnessed a white bosun while i was aboard a Palm Boat down the west coast of Africa kicking crewe boys in the back who were napping during there break and yelling get back to work you lazy B***k B******S and in fear of loosing there job they jumped to his attention. Who was the racist there. It begs the question that i originally asked is it racial initent or pure abuse in both my experience and yours. Rcism is a very hard word to determine in law abuse is a much easier one. So in the best order for all creeds whichever colour drop the word racial abuse and say it as it is abuse of a human being. At least that way we would all be treated by law as one.Best Regards Terry.
    Last edited by Red Lead Ted; 6th January 2012 at 07:51 PM.
    {terry scouse}

Cebu, Philippines district of Punta Princessa.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Racist

WELL NOW I KNOW THE TRUE MEANING OF w o g, NEVER TO OLD TO LEARN, ! AM AFRAID MOST SO CALLED RACIAL REMARKS ARE NOT MADE BY THE INDIGINOUS PEOPLE OF A COUNTRY, BUT BY THE NEWCOMERS, WHEN THINGS DO NOT GO AS THEY WANT, ITS AN EASY WAY OUT FOR THEM TO GET SYMPATHY. MOST SEAMAN WERE ABLE TO INTERGRATE WHEREVER THEY WERE, I KNOW WE USED MANY WORDS TO DESCRIBE THEM ,IE JUNGLE BUNNIES, ECT,ECT, BUT IT WAS JUST SEAMENS TALK, LIKE MANY OTHER WORDS WE USED IN ALL CONTEXTS, MY LOCAL ASIAN SHOP GOES OUT OF THERE WAY TO OPEN AND CLOSE THE HEAVY DOOR WHEN THEY SEE ME COMING, LIKEWISE THE SECURITY GUARD IN THE LOCAL TESCO IS AFRICAN, ALLWAYS LIFTS MY BASKET ON TO THE CHECKOUT FOR ME, MY SECOND WIFE WAS INDIAN, MY NEW LADY IS ORIENTAL, WHEN I WAS IN INDIA WALKING WITH A STICK AND GETTING ON A CROWDED BUS WITH NO VACANT SEATS AN INDIAN WOULD ALLWAYS GIVE ME THERE SEAT, WHEN ARGUMENTS BREAK OUT BETWEEN DIFFERENT ETHNIC GROUPS ITS CALLED RACISM BY THE MINORITY GROUP.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Correct John

[QUOTE=JOHN PRUDEN;78049]is it in our genes has our history

I have come around in a recovery room after 4 major operations on my ankle. And on them 4 occasions i have had a young black nurse sat next to me who was there to observe my full recovery. I also remember doing a 12 month trip while at sea and my best friend mostely because we had a lot in common Music taste ETC... Was the second cook who was a welsh black man as a white scouse guy i remember his parrot flying over the ships side and trying to clamber up the ships side it had no chance and would have drowned. I quickly grabbed a heaving line and lowered it gently down the ships side as we were at anchor and saved his beloved parrot the moral to this story is the nurse was carrying out her duty to oversee a patients recovery ? I was thinking about the poor parrot about to drown. Colour in both cases never came into it its called humanity. I still say there should be a high level debate on the word RACISM...Regrds Terry.
    Last edited by Red Lead Ted; 6th January 2012 at 08:16 PM.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Post Racism????

A word I dislike as well. Not related to being at sea, but during my years in a law office, I was involved in a couple of "racist" incidents, once where I was accused of being racist. I couldn't believe it as it clearly wasn't so, and then had to go on the defense for something I hadn't done!

The second incident involved a piece of "artwork" in a corridor, which depicted a black woman enjoying a view of Paris from a wall. On the side of the piece were the words, "I can't believe I'm in Paris. I just can't believe I'm in Paris." The black girls in the office immediately went into a great harangue about how this piece of artwork was racist and promoting racism. Unbelievable. Well, I tell you, I'd had enough of this. I was quite angry over this and told them all how ridiculous they were being and that if I were in Paris, I'd probably be saying the same thing; it had nothing whatsoever to do with racism, it was just a picture of a woman feeling very happy to be in Paris. Interestingly, it shut them all up and although they were all friends of mine and we'd never had difficulties prior, their attitude towards me improved further.

Just goes to show, sometimes you need to really speak your mind to get a point across. I treat people the way they treat me, regardless of colour, race, etc. Do unto others...
    Ron's Daughter
    R399144

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

just look at our NHS we could not give the kind of service if it wasn't for the melting pot of colour i personaly have been in the sh.t they gave me my life back and for that i will be forever gratefull there is no place anywhere for racisim in this or any country on the planet. every ones heart is the same colour.john

Tony Morcom Guest

How right you are John. Not only the hearts but the palms of their hands and the soles of their feet. Its just that some people have better sun tans than others. Isn't it interesting that Brits fly abroad to get good sun tans and then moan about the coloureds.

The only thing that pees me off is the ones who come over here to live but won't bother to learn to speak the language. It applies to all nationalities. At my daughters school she is friends with a nice little Chinese lad who speaks perfect English and yet neither his mum or dad can string together a sentence of more than about six words.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default Tiger bay, cardff

TIGER BAY:

For many years a multi-cultural little Britain has had it's problems, but in the main has stayed pretty much unique. My best buddy of old Steve was just Steve, to other eyes pos described as Half - Caste, nicer bloke you could not have met, the funny thing was he turned a shade of near purple in the sun.

There are good and bad in all, thankfully much good in the many.

May you all be blessed with the good in life, whatever shade.

K.
    Last edited by Keith at Tregenna; 6th January 2012 at 11:19 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Racism

Terry mate you have opened up not so much a can of worms as a can of scorpions.
    REVENGE,JELOUSY,GREED, and RELIGION.Emotive words all of which can be ascribed to the explosive word RACISM.
    People who generate anger between the races do it for a variety of reasons, predominantly the foregoing.
    The vast majority of us would "live happily, maybe even love our neighbours", were it not for the agitators using the word as a lever to divide us.
    When I worked in Trinidad in the late '50's my best friends were an Indian waiter, a Creole barber, a Chinese doctor, and a Polish salvage diver. We went to parties and clubs where all nations mixed.There was never a problem between North and South Americans, local chinese and indians,europeans and native Trinidadians.Why? Because there was nothing to gain.
    Why even in economicaly poor countries where the downtrodden are multitudinous the food and clothing sent from richer countries, with nothing but goodwill in their hearts, is ripped off at the top thus robbing their own kind.
    Are we any the wiser after discussions of this kind? Not really because that lever I refered too is always stirring the pot. Jacyn had it right,be of good heart and "do as you would be done by."
    Last edited by Neil Morton; 7th January 2012 at 12:50 AM.
    R 627168 On all the Seas of all the World
    There passes to and fro
    Where the Ghostly Iceberg Travels
    Or the spicy trade winds blow
    A gaudy piece of bunting,a royal ruddy rag
    The blossom of the Ocean Lanes
    Great Britains Merchant Flag

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast