Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The nicest celebrity you've met?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The GREAT Jack Dempsey in his New York bar.
    Den.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes done that, shook the hand that shook the world. and a photo for $1
    Also in New York I was in the Market Diner opposite Pier 90 I sat on the next stool to a beautiful blonde lady wearing a white ermin jacket, she was with a few other characters . When they left, Gene, the bartender said to me,"You know who you were sat next to?, Me , No, `that was Grace Kelly` he said.
    I felt the seat where her loveley bum had been. It was still warm. How close was that??
    Cheers
    Brian.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Er kong!!!!

The best is yet to come mate. Mindees Family ask yourself do you resemble any.......... They cant wait to meet you just take plenty of ackers with you { BON VOYAGE} Mindee isnt in the pic she wants to suprise you and i am sure she will, Terry.
    Last edited by Red Lead Ted; 18th November 2011 at 07:27 PM.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Cool Celebrities

Hi Rodney.

My only claim to fame is that I sat alongside
    Patrick Moore (Stars at Night) on a flight to
    Stavanger in Norway.

Dave Williams.

5. Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by red lead ted View Post
    The best is yet to come mate. Mindees Family ask yourself do you resemble any.......... They cant wait to meet you just take plenty of ackers with you { BON VOYAGE} Mindee isnt in the pic she wants to suprise you and i am sure she will, Terry.
    They are already here, they are all my neighbours as I have said before I used to live in England now I live in the third world. Always a lovely smell of Curry around here.
    We will be on the tourist trail soon here in Bolton. Why spend a fortune on flights, the East is West.
    Cheers
    Brian.

Florida, Ex Wales, Hope To Return To Wales Soon
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by red lead ted View Post
    Oh crap Terry.......you had tp post that photo......I'm sure back right is my 'long lost daughter INDIRA" !!!
    Guess I'm related to Brian in some way....maybe I'll get an invite for curry loll

Cheers,
    Glan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Here's another, not exactly the nicest though.

In 1971 I was Food and Beverage Director of the then named International Hotel, which later became the Hyatt Hotel. To those travelers who have been to L.A., it's the last hotel you see just before you land, and the first one as you exit Los Angeles International Airport ( it was and perhaps still is, owned by Herb Alpert of the Tijauna Brass fame). The Hotel is a convention hotel, with six-hundred and fifty rooms; banquet facilities for three thousand plus--a bl..dy food factory. Anyway, the Governor of Alabama George Wallace (infamous for standing in the doorway of Alabama State University to deny entrance to an African-American student) was running in the primaries for President, and had a fund-rasing dinner for about fifteen hundred punters scheduled. It took about a week of blood, sweat and tears to pull it off, what with security and collecting the money in advance. No credit offered to politicians or bridal parties (after the event it's "Hi ho Silver away" and good luck in collecting). I'm working with the Governor's Aide, his brother-in-law and a twit. The event goes off like a Swiss watch, everyone's happy. I'm called to the Governor's suite, hand-shakes all-around, he turns to his b-in-law:

Gov. Take Mr. Mills' particulars, I'm making him a colonel in our State Malitia.

Me. (underwhelmed) I'm honored Governor, but there's someone on my staff who worked equally as hard in your service and I would feel remiss if he was left out--it just wouldn't feel right (words to that effect, and holding my breath).

Gov. Give his name to my Aide.

Which I did, Monroe Thacker, Banquet Captain (head waiter).

Sure enough, two weeks later came two certificates of office.

Now, Monroe was a heck of a worker and a real nice guy. The odd evening after work, he would teach me photo developing and oh! ... He was black.

Thus, I intergrated the Alabama State Malitia and Monroe laughed his a.. off when I presented him with his 'orders'.

Copy of mine attatched.

Lt. Col. Rodney. A.S.M.

9. Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The largest town close to where I live is Bishops Castle, Shropshire. Several years ago there was a small restaurant in the town called The Poppy House where musicians from all over used to meet up and play together rather spontaneously. Apparently, the husband of the proprietor was a session musician and played keyboards on some big hits. Julie Felix was a regular along with Ian Anderson (Jethro Tull), Robert Plant(LZ), Mark Griffiths(Shadows) Maddie Pryor and many many more. All very decent people and nothing like you would imagine.
    The Poppy House is still there but the proprietors have changed

Bill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Bill, you mentioned Robert Plant. Led Zep.
    When I retired I bought a flower shop for my lady partner who has been a Florist all her working life. always working for someone else. Now we had our own business. One day she is in the Funeral parlour next door and I saw a big Rolls Bentley with a large bearded driver, looking more like a body guard.stop outside, Robert Plant climbed out of it and came into the shop.He wanted two bouquets, one for his lady in a hotel and one for his Mother who was in a Nursing Home.
    I went next door and told her , she came flying in and was all excited. while she was making up the bouquets we were chatting and he had just arrived from working in Las Vegas, I remember he had a beautiful pair of dude boots on and a superb pair of jeans that I have never seen so good. Just shows what a few bob in bank can do for clothes.
    A few months later he came back and bought another two bouquets. and he paid rather a lot of money for them
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 18th November 2011 at 11:00 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Kong!!!!!!!!!

Capt
    Do you do flip flops in your shop play the game m8 Terry.
    {terry scouse}

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast