Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Singapore

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Singapore

these are the posts when we miss lou I think he would have opened your eyes to what went on.. jp

2. Thanks j.sabourn, Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Singapore

I was 16 and was 7 years after the war that I visited Japan the first time, and although had grown up with the war and all the propaganda myths put out about who we were fighting, the Japanese were always characterised as small yellow and buck toothed and all wore glasses as they all had bad eye sight. this all didn't add up As a 16 year old visiting for the first time. Was full of US and some Australian and British troops who were rare so was mostly American. All the bars and girls were singing and playin rock music. And it was like Alec in wonderland. However Germany was very similar, and Poland was years before they got round to some kind of regular order after the Russians left . Suppose one could say to the victors went the spoils if you could call them that. These countries had no economies as such. With the continued help of others they have surpassed the economies of some of the leaders of a previous world. Some are in such a position to lay down a few rules themselves, apart from all the bonhomie there is still a lot of distrust around, no wonder when we see some of the examples used in past conflicts. That distrust I would imagine will remain with everyone who fought against the Japanese, the first time in FNQ the people literally hated the Japanese and wouldn't even walk on the same side of the street as them. Today they practically own what were once towns and now cities like Cairns, and probably Townsville and Mackay which I am not sure about. The way the world has gone to have a conflict with China for the sake of Japan, many of our forefathers must be turning in their graves. I am certain Lou would. Today younger people are in the hot seats who have no idea what went on and were only a twinkle in the eye of their fathers eye at a much later date, there is no one can call themselves a proper politician unless they have lived and seen what war produces, what we want are statesmen not politicians in any case.
    Our Pauline Hanson has the right idea to get votes she is saying she would get rid of 20 per cent of them in any case. Myself would say closer again to 100 would be better JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 16th February 2017 at 08:06 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2