Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Immigration

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Immigration

That net migration figure includes thousands upon thousands of family members of overseas students who flock here in their droves to study and even after their son/daughter/2nd cousin etc graduate they remain here because our useless home office civil servants either cannot be bothered or have completely lost track of them.
    Rgds
    J.A

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

One thing everyone forgets, is that most EU and British politicians and fatcat business people, plus any ordinary folk, didn't want Brexit. Therefore, every effort has been made, to make the democratic majority of the UK regret voting for it, but I don't think it's working, despite every punishment they can throw at us.
    VIVA BREXIT.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just on the Dutch state television news - UK government has made free a report that says the UK has , since 2020 , 24 million
    pounds of taypayers money for immigrants who have never contributed to the UK economy.

Anyone know if this has been recognised in the UK itself ?

4. Likes Des Taff Jenkins, Graham Payne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A little bit out there John, it's more like 11billion pounds according to Hansard, and expected to be many more billions be 2026. I think those figures include about 6 billion for hotels. Another estimate was 38 billion pounds.

6. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Likes j.sabourn, Graham Payne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by John Cassels View Post
    Just on the Dutch state television news - UK government has made free a report that says the UK has , since 2020 , 24 million
    pounds of taypayers money for immigrants who have never contributed to the UK economy.

Anyone know if this has been recognised in the UK itself ?
    yes John, I have seen that but it covers legal migrants and their famiies who we end up paying for also. It includes benefits , medical cover etc, as well as medical touristswho come here ostensibly on holiday visit but surprise surprise they need medical treatment that they were aware of but had a better chance of not having to pay for it over here. Visitors who dont qualify for free treatment more often than not walk off free of charge as I dont think that there is any serious set up to charge them,

8. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#14 As to the outlay of money by effluent governments to the needy , my only anti feelings to such is the tax that these pretty pollies distribute to aliens gathered from the likes of the poor OAPs. I officially retired in 2002 and continued paying tax until I was 85 ,not to the huge outlay as when working , but any small private pensions I receive I contributed to myself , so see it as being double taxed. My total income a worker would sneer at. Any future government that promises tax free pensions for OAPs will get my vote regardless of what party. Getting old does not mean you need less money , its just the opposite . JS.
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 24th February 2024 at 12:05 AM.
    R575129

10. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John.
    The only work my wife can do is cook, we have a small kitchen so she can get around easy. I do all the cleaning in the house, she said we will get someone in, about four companies paid for by the Govt turned up with various proposals, but the one thing I was worried about was theft, as the pay for these people was pathetic. I insisted that I continue to do the cleaning while I m still capable so that's was that. I don't know why you pay tax on your pension, I haven't paid a penny on our pensions since I retired in 2000.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#17 Neither do I Des ! Have had 3 accountants the last one 2 years ago I only paid a couple of hundred dollars , previous in retirement was a couple of thousand , the second year she said go away you don’t pay tax. So for 20 years I have doubts I have been helping to keep a bunch of rag heads. I just keep my mouth shut now and don’t rattle anyone’s cage or might find am getting robbed again. Cheers JS
    PS your lucky if wife can still cook , mine her hands are that bad with Arthritis she has to wear special gloves and cooking is not at the head of her agenda. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 24th February 2024 at 02:28 AM.
    R575129

13. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John, we get three pension types, State, Super and part UK.
    Never been asked to pay any tax on that, though in NZ you would pay on the total sum of all pensions I am told.
    If you have any form of financial advisor they should be able to sort it out for you. might get you a rebate!!
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

15. Likes Des Taff Jenkins, Graham Payne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Think they only go back 5 years John , and don’t want to stir up a hornets nest by a bunch of your feral pollies. They can go back as many years as they like and not spending my last years arguing with a bunch of Wally’s . Probably most of whom have spent time on your Passy ships asking about port and starboard and have to be reminded every time. Wonder if they have worked out yet if they are going to be watertight on their new submarines. The lights that is . Their heads won’t be they are full of holes. Which usually matches their budgets they put out . JS.
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 24th February 2024 at 06:13 AM.
    R575129

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast