Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: A New place to live

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: A New place to live

The theory that life cannot live without water or air is a bit 'off'.
    There could well be life out there on another planet where creatures similar to ourselves breath something other than oxygen and do not need watre, just think outside the square for a moment.

Had some very odd events in my life, much brought about by mis adventures such as not adding enough water to it, or the mother in law arriving unexpectedly and ne in the nuddy walking around the house. But it did account for the screams I heard.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I am quite adaptable to drinking whisky without water . JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Aye John, but you cannot make whisky without water.
    Vic

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I”ll have plenty Vic , I’ll just take all the barrels Cappys sending me on the passage to the planet so far away . Should last my lifetime as will be about 600 when get there. As long as the Electric shaver keeps working , wouldnt want to waste the whiskey on shaving . JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi john sabourn #23
    good afternoon, whilst your absolutely correct in your statement that the sextant was and is for measuring angles either vertical or horizontal and being used for measuring the angular distance between the stars in keeping with celestial navigation , But it has also been used for the last ten years on the apollo moon program, as a back-up navigation system to confirm the electronic data from the gps systems and computers, and the future exploration to mars will carry a sextant for that very reason, ie as a back-up incase of computer failure.
    tom

6. Thanks j.sabourn, happy daze john in oz thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi les woodard #21
    good afternoon, like your goodself one of my earliest epiphanies came about when i was about twelve and after climbing onto the wood yard crane, i grabbed hold of the electrical cables and was blown about twenty foot in the air, to say now that im a believer because of the consequences of that day would not be true, as there are far too many instances that brought me to my present way of thinking.as indeed most of the souls on this site will testify to.
    tom

8. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hi john sabourn #22
    good afternoon, your phantom i do not doubt and im sure there are many on this site can offer up a similar story, i myself was offered a house from my bank manager whom the bank was selling because the owner died intestate, i went along to see it and it was a fine edwardian semi detatched house, i done a thorough search of the property and finally went through the attic, i found many personal artifacts belonging to the person whom died there, amongst the items was empty jewellery boxs dating back numerous years strewn across the attic, but then i came across many many campaign charts with actual battle plans in the north african region, which where obviously the dead owners personal effects,
    i reported back to the bank where i learned that the distant relatives of the dead man had visited the house previously, Seems they where much more interested in the oldmans wealth rather than his war record, anyway i bought the house and it was a matter of a couple of months before i saw him sitting in a my seat in the lounge early hours one morning, i could describe him but there is no point, but i questioned the neighbours about him and how he looked and this was the person i saw, right down to the old fashioned dressing gown he was wearing,i lived there for six years and never seen him again.but i kept his charts for many years after.
    tom

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Vernon View Post
    Yes i had posted a few things of the Weird and wacky kind that happened to me and my late Dad, so wont repeat here, it is somewhere though on a thread? Will have to look for it!
    Only thing i have not told and is very very true, i did experience an out of Body scenario many Years back, and actually saw my Body lying below, again wont go into it but it was both scary and amazing at the time! And Yes i was awake !!
    Cheers
    I also had one of those 'out of body' events - from a perspective about fifteen feet above. I was not freaked. I was practising meditation, and was given to understand from the tutor that the phenomena is not rare among beginners. I've met others with similar stories.
    Harry Nicholson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I've been fortunate enough in my lifetime to have met and had conversations with many of the stars, politicians, and unusual and prominent people, due to the nature of the location and the industry I was in. Hotel Food and Beverage at a major hotel in Los Angeles, California.

One of them, was really interesting. Ray Bradbury, Author of Fahrenheit 451, The Martian Chronicles and many other Sci Fi books. He was guest speaker at a convention of fans for the TV show Star Trek. I had been sitting in a corner table in the main bar having a quite soda water with ice and lime, which was my usual drink when having to drive to go home, but it looks like a drink to the customers, not that there were any in bar, all the guests were up at the convention.

Ray Bradbury walked into the bar. He collected a drink at the bar, I don't think it looked like an alcoholic drink, I remember it was in a tall glass, no ice or lime, He sat at a cocktail table next to me, we both sat their silently, he turned and asked if he could join me. Of course I said sure and called him Mr. Bradbury, so he knew I knew who he was. We spent about forty minutes chatting about our lives, he had picked up my accent, which got the ball rolling. The most interesting and unusual thing I found out was that this man who wrote about trips to outer space couldn't drive a car. He was waiting for a friend to pick him up. He couldn't drive. He used a bike around his neighborhood, bummed rides off family and friends or took a cab.

Unusual, to say the least, cheers, Rodney.

12. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#36... Thomas your description of grabbing the electric cables and getting a shock , reminded me of a much less deadly way of giving someone a lesser shock but enough for them to suspect who was responsible. When working for the MOD we did a lot of helicopter to ship transfers via wire and harness. When doing this the person being transferred to the ship had to be earthed before his feet touched the deck to get rid of the build up of static electricity that had built up. This was usually done by me via what we called a shepherds crook a wire fastened to a steel point on deck and the other end fastened to the end of a broom handle just before the persons feet touched the deck I used to touch the open wire to the buckle on his harness , if I missed the same passenger would get a short sharp shock to wake him up. They soon learned who their friends were . JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 30th August 2022 at 02:50 AM.
    R575129

14. Likes Des Taff Jenkins, Denis O'Shea liked this post
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast