Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: A New place to live

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: A New place to live

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Vernon View Post
    Not that this should ever become any Religious Thread PLEASE!
    But on the thought of what is said , yes i too agree with , that the Religious Topic should be kept out of especially the very Young Schools. (And here!!)
    So not to go on about this, just that i was one that had that installed in me at a very young age, but Today i have my own ideas of all things!

End of Religion now
    Thank You
    It was not my intention to bring religion into this thread but at the same time this thread began with one having to have an open mind like most other ideas to fully understand differing concepts and thoughts. Unfourtunatly this practice is frowned upon when religion is bought into the conversation simply because nearly every one of them is a closed book on any discussion unlike the thread that has been started but both need to be looked at with an open mind. Myself I consider a very religious person that has never been able to embrace the teachings of any of them. What converted me to religion was when I went to sea and doing lookout on the bow and relising that there was more meaning towards life than we had been taught and it was stirctily between whatever and the person and no other bugger. All those ex seaman that experienced that two hour tranquile time with just yourself and the universe will understand fully I am sure. That my dear friends is something that can not ever be taught in a church.
    That's the way the mop flops.

My thanks to Brian for this site.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#18 I have an open mind about ghosts or what we call ghosts Thomas. Think I have put in a thread longback.Maybe in my sub-conscious my mind is susceptible to the reason as in early childhood was brought up with grandparents and my grandmother was a spiritualist, but have had my own experiences one of which I put in a post long ago.on one ship apart from various weird happenings during the voyage in different parts of the world , on one part of the voyage on passage from Fremantle to Bombay I woke up at 2200 by the feeling of a presence in the cabin and lay there with trepidation thinking someone had gone nuts on the ship,felt the same presence and hot breath on my face , so put the bunk light on. No one there, after that could not sleep and lay there with all the lights on .Before Cappy says it was the Phantom Gobbler then he. Must have been an invisible one and I was still a virgin as near as dammit . The following morning I was going through the old logbooks parcelling them up to send to the office when suitable , when came across mention of one of the greasers dying on a previous voyage and the same buried at sea with the latitude and longitude where the ceremony took place , and checking it was very close to the position of Cappys Phantom Gobbler. The previous 2 mate to me would obviously have sewn the body in its shroud ,so maybe stuck the needle in the wrong place , so was maybe looking for retribution but seeing he had the wrong person just gave me a scare instead. Cheers JS....
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 29th August 2022 at 01:25 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#16 That statement about taking a sextant with them , leaves me totally nonplussed ? I doubt if any world navigator would be looking for answers to the formulas and totally out of depth as to its use in outer space.
    For those who are not navigators the sextant is the instrument to measure angles either vertical ,horizontal or oblique in any plane and for celestial navigation on earth one measures the angle between the heavenly body and the visible horizon and goes from there into the realms of great and small circles finishing up with arcs of circles as straight lines called position lines . So trying to imagine using a sextant in space to me I wouldn’t have a clue as to any use it may have . JS.
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 29th August 2022 at 01:46 AM.
    R575129

4. Thanks Rodney Mills thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My wife has a gift, she doesn't use it. Her Granny appeared in her bedroom about a 3 months after she died and told her not to be afraid, and that everything would be alright, my wife's mother had just passed away. She has had so many unexplained visions, one which I have put on before. Her sister was driving over to see us, my wife was washing dishes when she saw her sisters car skidding towards a bridge railing, she grabbed the wheel and straightened the car, when her sister arrived she said she had nearly gone through the bridge rails, but the car had straightened out. A very strange thing, we had rented an old house in Sydney, the kids had gone to bed and we were watching TV, when this stream of small creatures ran across the room like they were following a trail, they disappeared through the wall, weird or what.
    Des
    And no we haven't won lotto yet.
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Pleased similar things happen to others also. As say I have lived a charmed life Upto now and best not to tempt providence. Must be getting close to the nine lives of a cat. So maybe someone watching who cares . JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 29th August 2022 at 02:06 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes i had posted a few things of the Weird and wacky kind that happened to me and my late Dad, so wont repeat here, it is somewhere though on a thread? Will have to look for it!
    Only thing i have not told and is very very true, i did experience an out of Body scenario many Years back, and actually saw my Body lying below, again wont go into it but it was both scary and amazing at the time! And Yes i was awake !!
    Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A second step for Mankind , or is a foolish Dtep once again.
    All this Money they are using to do all this again, what did the First Mission actually do, except find there was damn near nothing on the Moon but Rock and Sand! LOL
    Oh well guess Man must carry on , rather think they would have to go back to their original plans of establishing a Moon base where some could live , Build more Rockets there and go father ??? Some thoughts!

Good Luck to the Mission anyway and all who dare to Travel so far!
    Cheers

Artemis 1: crowds flock to watch Nasa’s most powerful rocket blast off to the moon (msn.com)

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As per #1 does everyone realise how far 100 light years are distance wise ...? It is the 100 years divided into seconds in time x 186,000 equaling the distance in miles . Answers on a piece of foolscap please . JS .
    Just to keep. Ones brain active please give an eta ships speed 12 knots , using the traditional mercator method of meridian parts, for those who have forgotten Distance = Dlat x Secant of the course., no ready reckoners allowed in the exam room . JS...
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 29th August 2022 at 02:53 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You Yoke of course ! LOL
    Cheers!

Thats some 586,569,600,000,000 Miles! one light year is about six trillion miles.
    Leave the rest to the Fundi's !

Added
    That to me is about 1.7 Trillion days covering about 370 Miles a day at 12 Knots!
    Thats about 2 Million 739 Thousand Years . Lets get started! LOL
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 30th August 2022 at 08:22 PM.

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Give an extra ring on the telegraph . The chief maybe. Able to give us an extra half a knot . Oh forgot to mention that those were nautical miles 6080 feet as against 5780 feet so you are a bit shy on the distance will have to add a few years to the eta. Hope the Charterers great great great great Grandson will accept the late arrival. JS
    PS maybe easier just To go to the moon only 240,000 miles , done that distance many times . JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 29th August 2022 at 04:19 AM.
    R575129

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast