Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: cup final

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default cup final

a few of my family and friends went to France for the final the police bullied there way through the whole day nephew was mugged and his son police were ransacking the fan zone area turning tables over just for fun a lady i went to school with was beaten badly for nothing children pepper sprayed they do have a lot to answer for but no its liverpool OAPs and children are the hooligans according to the bastards? jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: cup final

In my past Years when Younger i used to love going to the Football Matches, saw one FA Cup Final and many many other games between variuos good Clubs, like Man City, Liverpool, Man United, Leicester, Southampton and more.
    Those days the games were good to go to the Atmosphere was great with various colour Rosettes , waving Flags and the old Wood Rattlers! There was very little trouble then, the odd issue of course but quickly handled in the correct way!
    Yes the days of good Sports watching Live is now gone, as many other Sports seem to have gone troppo!

Its been many Years now since i have attended any live Game of any sort because of incidents such as described, there is no more Fun in it, with being shoved , hasseled and at times Hit and swore at, how can anyone say they can enjoy Sports like that!

This is why the TV is a Godsend to be honest, its in ones Privacy, you see a lot more on the Big Screens nowdays too, and can enjoy whatever!
    What a great Pity.
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Football without fans is not the same. Look at the games being played behind closed doors during COVID boring. It is now coming to light that it was not only the Liverpool fans that were getting pepper sprayed and tear gassed the Real Madrid fans also had problems.

What has the deputy mayor of France’s 12th arrondissement said? In a letter sent to Spirit of Shankly, Bouigue said that the Liverpool fan park, at Cours de Vincennes in the 12th arrondissement, had been a success, due largely to the “good cooperation, good mood and good behaviour” of Reds supporters, both on site and in the surrounding areas.

If this was 150 years ago England and France would be at war. Ever since Brexit the French have been acting like a jack boot dictator. The wee Napoleon has thrown his toys out of the pram.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think that hit the nail on the head, Liverpool supporters are known to be very well behaved fans, the best in British football, this is no more than the French bias. kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I watched the cup final and thought it strange that the Real Madrid end was nearly full and the Liverpool end was nearly empty.
    Saw on TV Liverpool youth at the turnstile's, waiting patiently to enter and this Froggie Cop Pepper sprayed him for no apparent reason.
    It seemed as though it was orchestrated to deliberately delay the Liverpool supporters entering the ground.
    Vic

6. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

On the news today i see that the midget Macron has called for a full transparency investigation of the incidents at the match, yea, that will be French transparency you can bet, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

these bullies just walked into the fanzone families with kids there and some of the police just turning over tables with drinks on them you say anything and they gave you a kicking nice people the frog cops? things like that could have wrecked paris young kids under 10 tear gassed i wonder if any of the ultra fans would have put up with that behavior i dont think so and there prime minister more or less no comment out of him how many people are thinking of going to Disney?? this summer cant see it myself? jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We saw some of that on TV here in Oz, not a pretty sight.

But it was in France i am informed so little better could be expected.
    Some of the Liverpool fans likened the situation to the Hillsborough disaster
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

10. Likes Des Taff Jenkins, Keith Tindell liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There is one thing they can do, that is boycott the game and watch it on TV, the French will be the ones who miss out no money spent there.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

After that debacle the French should be banned by UEFA from hosting European games for at least 5 years. That CL final was originally to be played in Saint Petersburg Russia but due to the invasion of Ukraine it was switched to Paris. No doubt the french will claim that it was due to the short notice for hosting the final this may have led to problems. The fact that PSG get knocked out usually early on may have a something to do with the hooliganism that took place by locals.

France is to host the 2023 rugby world cup. It is scheduled to take place in France from 8 September to 28 October 2023.
    Time for that decision to be reveiwed and the world cup is moved to the 4 nations.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast