Oh You and your Sidereal Day John.Next you'll be telling us about how you've had Venus on the horizon at dawn many a time whilst working out your meridian passage at the equinoctial ecliptic-or something-about half an hour after apogee-no apologies there!
It's all forgotten now,faded photographs-wherever I've put them ,rusting sextant,a pair of old seaboots,dusty textbooks-the closest I get to the tang of the sea these days is my Friday night fish supper from my local establishment -The Codfather-some pretentious soles(souls-geddit) from the posh estate even come in wearing their Henley yachting caps I am told..Whilst I was looking up the punniest fish and chips establishment names I observed one in South Wales called-Ta Da! -wait for it-A fish called Rhondda-which hooked me and tickled me like an old trout.
I'll take your word for the meaning of a sidereal day.I've only ever had unreal days,although once I had an ethereal day-think I could have been dreaming though.
And so to bed.Call me at the Pilot Station-or better still when we're alongside !
GSShaking Finger.gif