Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Just one more time

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Just one more time

#8 First time sent this it disappeared, after all the nice butterflys names were used , Michael Cappys girlfriend called him Tiger Moth, they always used to argue who was going in the front seat JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    #8 First time sent this it disappeared, after all the nice butterflys names were used , Michael Cappys girlfriend called him Tiger Moth, they always used to argue who was going in the front seat JS

I am remembering the night in the ichi bon banzai dancingbar ...highly recommended...i was dancing a slow motion waltz with michiko......when in a blur of speed someone flashed past very quickly doing what can only be described as a congo type motion ....michiko stated ahso.....my brother michael has new dancing partner... michael is radio ....i asked michiko what is radio .....she replied him tranny....i said it is a strange dance they are doing ....she said it is michaels favourite .....he likes sailor behind steering ....well i just kept dancing with lovely michico ......it appeared the sailor must have had his steering ticket .....as they never missed a step......arrigato cappy.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by happy daze john in oz View Post
    But their trains are something else to see, quite something now when you look at photos of 1945 after the bombs
    Japan, like Germany after the war was given all new machinery by the USA/UK to get them back on their feet and stop them going down the communist path. both countries had dedicated workers. In the UK we were left with 1920's (and even older) machinery and outmoded production practices with labour forces unwilling to change

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Plus of course a massive debt to the USA, which i believe has only just been paid back, kt
    R689823

5. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Ivan Cloherty, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

#13 do tushy musta or better remembered as Dont touch my moustache . Cheers JS
    R575129

Lewis McColl Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cappy View Post
    not our lewis john ...he swears he never went adrift ....ooh little porkies perhaps

- - - Updated - - -

js him called king butterfly....
    Big difference between some of us then , never went adrift as a married man. Not my business if others potted the pink or brown while ashore.

Lewis McColl Guest

#14 So the USA/UK rebuilt the German & Japanese economy after the war.
    Explain this then please

Great Britain, with $3.1 billion, received the most aid under the Marshall Plan; Iceland, with $32 million, received the least. The aid came in the form of grants, food, goods, and tariff reductions. I know the UK stole the designs from the German company DKW for the British motor cycle industry, The BSA Bantam was that design , one of the most successful BSA's of all time. Concerning assistance to the Japanese I believe they assisted Nissan Motors. The attached link is an interesting read.
    Austin Nissen

The UK squandered the money from the Marshal plan on propping up the Empire!!!
    Last edited by Lewis McColl; 2nd April 2021 at 11:23 AM.

9. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis McColl View Post
    Big difference between some of us then , never went adrift as a married man. Not my business if others potted the pink or brown while ashore.
    Now Lewis the pink was potted ashore inmany places around the globe, but the brown I am lead to understand was readily available on UCL and others at all times.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

11. Likes Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

For those not conversant with the Japanese lingo like Cappy and me , Arigato means thank you, and Doh tushy mustah, means don’t mention it. There is nothing sexual there whatsoever as we led blameless lives in those days. JS.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My husband, Stan Grinham (Goolie to his shipmates) would have seen this . Some of his ships were: MV Hauraki (1962, and 1966), MS Ruahine(1962-1963), MS Turakina (1964-1964), MV Gloucester (1964-1966), TSS Hororata (1966), MV Nottingham(1966) and SS Devon(1967) not sure what others he was on. He was at sea until 1979.

14. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast