Thread: Amazon Scam

Lewis McColl Guest

Default Amazon Scam

Just a heads up , There is a Scam going round. Just had a phone call , automated call advising me that my Amazon Prime subscription will be automatically renewed. My subscription of £7.99 will be taken at the end of the month, Press 1 if you want to cancel your subscription. This is the second time in a couple of weeks I have had this call. As I do not and never had Amazon Prime I called Amazon customer services to ask what is going on. Very helpful the lady said it is a scammer as we will never phone or send an email about changes we make to your account. She asked if I gave out any account information or bank details. I am not that daft. Just thought I would mention this. Especially seeing as due to lock down some of us are using online sites for shopping etc!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Amazon Scam

There is also a very credible Post Office scam also, telling you that a parcel is waiting for your collection, please pay etc etc.
    Last edited by Mike Hall; 16th March 2021 at 03:24 PM.

3. Thanks Mike Hall thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

My wife has this very afternoon received a text message , supposedly from Amazon, to say our account has been compromised, needless to say it has not, but even the mobile phones are not safe. We don't give our mobile number to anyone, but they still seem to be able to find it somewhere, one thing for certain, we cannot afford to relax, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Been getting the press 1 or 2 messages for the last two weeks, last had these a while ago. Den

6. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tindell View Post
    My wife has this very afternoon received a text message , supposedly from Amazon, to say our account has been compromised, needless to say it has not, but even the mobile phones are not safe. We don't give our mobile number to anyone, but they still seem to be able to find it somewhere, one thing for certain, we cannot afford to relax, kt

the last twice there has been racing at york i have had a guy with a strong irish accent ring up and state ....there has been an attempt to take money from your bank account in ...tirsk ....he means thirsk sorr.....i said which bank ...he said which bank are you in sorr its the police sorr ..i said the second time well paddy which bank are you at in thirsk ....from him silence ...i then asked him in a more crude manner than this .....is your wife still giving your donkey the orals while your over here paddy...upon which the phone went dead......cappy

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We even get calls from Amazon over here Cappy ,the last 3 say that the computer will be getting shut down shortly. That’s as far as I get as just put the phone down. JS
    R575129

9. Likes Denis O'Shea liked this post