Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Passports

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Passports

Just stumbled upon this thread from a couple of years back. Quite the debate you sparked here, mate! As to why someone might hold onto a British passport even if they see themselves as fully Aussie? I'd say it's about having that extra lifeline. You never know when you might need to pull a Houdini, right? Even though we're two years on, I reckon this conversation still holds water. The expat life's a funny old game, isn't it?
    You might check out these fake id vendors if you want to solve any issues you have with documents. Getting another ID will help you maintain your privacy.
    Last edited by SonofWind; 13th July 2023 at 03:02 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SonofWind View Post
    Just stumbled upon this thread from a couple of years back. Quite the debate you sparked here, mate! As to why someone might hold onto a British passport even if they see themselves as fully Aussie? I'd say it's about having that extra lifeline. You never know when you might need to pull a Houdini, right? Even though we're two years on, I reckon this conversation still holds water. The expat life's a funny old game, isn't it?
    You might check out these fake id vendors if you want to solve any issues you have with documents. Getting another ID will help you maintain your privacy.
    I had two British Passports for years, until recently as I no longer need two.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: The Police State ?

Believe UK passports in Australasia are issued in Wellington.

4. Likes j.sabourn liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: The Police State ?

Often wondered why Cappy kept a seaboot on his mantlepiece , that’s where he keeps his passport then ? . JS .
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 19th July 2023 at 06:21 AM.
    R575129

6. Likes cappy, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well john i just dont need a passport any more ......wont be leaving my sceptered isle.......seen all i want to see worldwide .....plus the bumsrush at airports i just dont need.......have for the last 3 or so years i taken breaks in the uk .....and not been disappointed.......my family stiill go taking yachts in the adriatic and the other played out southern europe hotspots .....but heard it seen it done it.......peace ....good food ......and gentle company are my goal now.......as for the old sea boot on the mantle piece .......it was of course the umbrella stand in which ......marys peg leg was kept .......which is now in your shed in Perf along with my three shillings and ninepence.......cappy...R683532

8. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well Cappy if your just interested in sitting back and eating and drinking will enclose the clubhouse menu this week delivered to your door , my wine rack is nearly full with 25 bottles so if you can make it for Friday I’m having fish and chips what shall I order for you.
    19 th. Roast chicken with stuffing ( not the ones that got burned in your post)
    Grilled fish with Hollandaise sauce,
    Prawn Salad.
    20 th. Lamb and vegetable pie
    Beef Bourguignon
    Chicken and Camembert pie $12
    21st. Beer battered fish and chips $15
    Portuguese Meatball Pasta
    Tempura Prawns with chips and salad $15
    24th. Roast a beef and Yorkshire pudding
    Curried sausages and mash.
    Salmon pattie and tartare sauce
    25th. Crumbed fish and chips with salad
    Lamb and Ale casserole
    Thai chicken curry pie $12;
    All meals are served with vegetables of the day unless stated otherwise .
    All meals $14 unless otherwise stated .

If suffering from a bad head from the night before will maybe deliver in bed ??? Haven’t tried yet l but who knows .
    JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 19th July 2023 at 07:19 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by j.sabourn View Post
    well cappy if your just interested in sitting back and eating and drinking will enclose the clubhouse menu this week delivered to your door , my wine rack is nearly full with 25 bottles so if you can make it for friday i’m having fish and chips what shall i order for you.
    19 th. Roast chicken with stuffing ( not the ones that got burned in your post)
    grilled fish with hollandaise sauce,
    prawn salad.
    20 th. Lamb and vegetable pie
    beef bourguignon
    chicken and camembert pie $12
    21st. Beer battered fish and chips $15
    portuguese meatball pasta
    tempura prawns with chips and salad $15
    24th. Roast a beef and yorkshire pudding
    curried sausages and mash.
    Salmon pattie and tartare sauce
    25th. Crumbed fish and chips with salad
    lamb and ale casserole
    thai chicken curry pie $12;
    all meals are served with vegetables of the day unless stated otherwise .
    All meals $14 unless otherwise stated .

If suffering from a bad head from the night before will maybe deliver in bed ??? Haven’t tried yet l but who knows .
    Js
    one thing for sure you wont go hungry with that menu on your doorstep john........r683532

11. Thanks j.sabourn thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just a little info. The Red Passport will be coming to the end of its natural life shortly and a lot of Countries are not recognising the UK red passport. I decided because my first passport was blue my last (possibly!) should also be blue, so decided to change my red even though it had a couple years to run. Went to the Post Office, take your old passport, no forms to fill in, they take your photo with an i-pad linked to the Passport Office, paid my £98 and had my new blue passport 9 days later, and my red one returned 5 days after that.

No need to go to the Doctors etc for someone who has been in the country for a couple of years to verify that you are a British citizen

13. Likes N/A, cappy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I renewed my wifes passport a couple of years ago did it all from home online, she now has a blue passport. Had to upload a digital photo but it was easy to do.
    Someone mentioned earlier about having two UK passports I also required this for work as I was travelling to different countries each month so my employer kept one and got the appropriate visas in it when I was off somewhere else. To get the second passport all I required was a letter from my employer saying it was required for business purposes. They also paid for all passport renewals I just claimed it on expences.

UK003715

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You can apply to get a second passport if you go to different countries that won't let you in if it's stamped by some other countries they don't like. You can also have an Irish passport along with a UK one if you fit the criteria. That come in handy at times.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast