Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Police State ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default The Police State ?

If the usual cry from the dissidents who are always complaining and showing it by public disorder in general , then what I see by their actions of public unrest, then maybe we should have more of what they call a police state. The police are there to prevent looting , violence , and to constrain such as mob mentality. The mob m so doing they are just multiplying what they are trying to bring down the forces of law and order. No. Honest and law abiding citizen should have no fear of the police it is only those who want to break the law who do, and they should do proper time in corrective custody and let proper people go about their lawful business in safe conditions. The pictures we see on our screens only. Aggravate all such situations, and should in most cases be ignored and not used to aggravate further situations, as is in most cases is the intention, my only worry is that the heads that get cracked are the right ones . An honest citizen should have no fear of the made up story’s of a Police State. Myself I would advocate one if necessary to subdue the low life and criminal mentality of the few agitators at present.In war time it was usual to shoot looters , ons such rule which was very appropriate for the times. I have had 2 break ins at my home in the past 3 years if I had been in the house at the time , they would be leaving it in a different condition than ithey were when they entered , there is no place in a civilised society for such people . I wouldn’t be too deterred by spending time at HM pleasure the same as the few who are caught are not deterred either. They say the B&B conditions are very good, JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 6th June 2020 at 01:17 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: The Police State ?

Hi JS,
    I shall reply to this later in the day when I have not had a glass or two.

3. Likes N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ive. Just had my porridge so until the suns over the yard arm have no acceptable excuses .cheers jS.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

HI John.
    I have always had sympathy for the Aboriginals, probably comes from the way they were originally treated. What I don't agree with is the way the press always show them as being in trouble with the police for no reason. I remember the young bloke that died when he was speared on a fence because the police were chasing him, if he had been white, there would have been an inquiry, once it was shown it wasn't the fault of the police that would have been that. But now with this black lives matter it's brought up again. What happened in the States was in my book pure evil, but if you look at the picture overall; black people in the States can achieve high office if they try, one was the President. There are poorly treated people in every country in every system, all we can do is try to make things better.
    Des
    R510868
    Lest We Forget

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think to be aboriginal one has to have one eighth aboriginal blood. That makes all Anglo saxons living in the UK more or less a choice of whatever nationality they want. Whatever country you are a citizen of that should be your nationality . My nationality is Australian now and not British I consider my British passport secondary to my Australian one. Colour means absolutely nothing to me , in fact if someone asked me I would say I am colour blind as well as being almost blind due to waiting for a simple operation... cheers JS
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi JS,
    Fair enough, as I am retired and my other half does not start until 14.00 I will open another bottle and attempt a reply to your original post.

In many ways I agree with your sentiments concerning the criminal damage done by many in the demonstrations being relayed on television, but this is the case around the world whatever the 'cause', there are always people who will utilise and hi-jack situations and demonstrations for there own ends; whether to violently oppose authority or to smash a shop window to steal a tv or watch they want. But these actions must not distract us from the fundamental reasons for the demonstration in the first place, the actions of some arseholes must not dilute raison d'etre for the initial demonstration.

Your thread is 'The Police State', and you say that 'Honest and law abiding citizens should have no fear of the police', you are right, they should not. Two months ago Breonna Taylor was in her bed with her partner, she was a medical emergency technician, the police believed her partner was hoarding drugs, they entered with a 'no knock' call, they broke the door down. Her partner, a licensed gun owner, fired his weapon at the 'intruders', a police officer was wounded in the leg; the three officers fired twenty rounds, wounding her partner, with one round entering the next door flat, EIGHT rounds entered Breonna, dead! No drugs were found, her partner was arrested for assault, no drugs were found, no officers were charged!!!

Also, JS, you said that 'An honest citizen should have no fear of the made up story's (sic) of a police state', tell that to the mainly peaceful demonstrators in Layforyette square, 30 minutes before the curfew, fired on with tear gas and rubber bullets to make way for a racist and misogynistic arsehole for a 'photo op. Their Constitutional Rights WERE trammeled, that to me is the epitome of a police state.

As regards to George Floyd, is anyone trying to tell me that four police officers could not subdue a handcuffed person without kneeling on his neck? Kneel on his elbows or his knees, Bad training, bad practice, or could not give a ****,; violence from police in America is endemic, they are seldom brought to book, and law enforcers with impunity is the seed bed of a police state.

Finally, and cognisant that we are talking of a minority of police officers, I remember during a National Front march the Met. Police SPG, the disbanded and proven racist Special Patrol Group, were deployed as a 'barrier' between the NF and the Anti-Fascist League, sitting in a police van a copper was photographed writing NF in the condensation on the side window!!

With all my heart I will support the 'Watchers', but who watches the watchers?

Cheers, Paul.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Have been to a lot of places in the USA , and found it varied state by state. In Baton Rouge on the Mississippi on a ship , each hold gang on the ship was delegated by the colour of the gangs. This appeared to satisfy both coloured and non coloured Americans of all denominations. In Newark New Jersey I walked into a bar and was for the darker shade of American only. If you want to look deeper into their problems which I don’t, there are prejudices on both sides. It’s not colour that is the deep root of the cause it is the excuse that is used of poverty that is always the excuse that is given. I spent 50 years at sea and during that time took numerous jobs I didn’t want , but did , just to keep out of that poverty trap. A lot could follow that example , the world is not made for some particular person , to enjoy life one should enjoy the fruits of ones labour and not someone else’s. JS

As regards Paul’s answer maybe he knows why the subject was under arrest in the first place . Which there seems to be little or no information on . Maybe a more accurate assessment by anyone wanting to know the root cause in the first place myself included would be a lot happier. Maybe the story has not passed censorship yet. JS
    Last edited by j.sabourn; 6th June 2020 at 04:42 AM.
    R575129

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

all are banging on about slaves and coulor in america we seem to forget along the river Niger delta it was the tribes that collected other tribes for their lands and sold them to traders so who is to blame buyers or sellers .. just a thought jp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Des,
    Lovely to hear from you, I understand your sympathy for the Aboriginals, here is a an indigenous nomadic peoples that had no concept of land ownership, that were seasonal migrants if you like; when one source of food, be it fish, animal or plant was exhausted, they moved on, an admirable concept. But then we turned up, a large farm in England could possibly be 200 acres, in Australia it could thousands of acres, and of course one would not want these 'blacks' wandering about it, and so these 'simple' people needed to be 'managed'.

How then do you subjugate a people? Well, of course the Aborigines were a disparate group of people, tribal, they had no chance, they were corralled in areas alien to them, very similar to the American indiniginous peoples, you are putting a people in a situation they have no concept of, they could not hunt or gather for themselves, they became 'clients' to the Government, they subsisted on handouts, in their own country remember.

Please remember Des up until 1967 the courts could take a child away from Aborigine parents to train as servants, explain to me that was not a Police State, when brave Ozzie Service personnel were fighting the Nazi's in WW2 their own country was exacting ethnic cleansing; anyone coming to take my son and daughter from me would have had my teeth at their throat, can you imagine the hurt? They may never see their child again. It is no coincidence that South Africa modelled Apartheid on the procedures of NSW.

I have fought all my life against racism, fortunately, although only 5' 8'' I am built like a brick ****house, but I am fighting for the 9 stone fellow that is too frightened to raise their heads, Best wishes.
    Cheers, Paul.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There was a time when in South Africa segregation did to some extent work.

But Black versus White has been with us since the beginning of time, any one different to you will always be a point of contention for some.
    Religion has played a very large part in the global history of one group against another, it is part of man's make up to like or dislike other of a different creed, color, sexuality or any other matter that agrievs the other party.

But many have only their own attitude to blame for the situation, complaining they are being percecuted because of their color or race is often brought about by a few who find such actions to be beneficial for them or their perceived cause.
    Here in Melbourne we had Black gangs roaming the streets causing mayhem and scaring the population to death.
    The premier, Chairman Dan said no lack gangs existed and the police commissioner agreed with him, but being a 'yes' man had little choice.
    However a number of the gang members were arrested and the claimed they were the victims of police targeting the black community!!

There are many, maybe as many as 90% of the Aboriginal community here in Oz that haver assimilated, but the remaining small group still claim invasion and other such cries.
    They should consider them selves lucky, it could have been the Spanish conquistadors or the Japanese, Russians or any other nationality who may well have put most to the sword.

Every nation on this planet has at some time either ben invaded or taken over by another so we are all mongrels.
    As long as man walks on the face of this planet there will never ever be global peace.

But as an individual, if you abide by the laws of your nation you should have nothing to fear from the police or any other authority.
    Laws are there to protect us all, but remember padlocks only keep honest people out.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast