Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: The Police State ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: The Police State ?

John, they will nick some more when the warranty runs out.
    Vic

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

They complain about being slaves.

what about our slaves . no one complains about ours.

Go onto the 1881 Census. many many slaves on there.
    My Great Aunt, Emily Aspinall, of Bolton, is Registered as a Coal Miner,
    Age 8 Years. She did Not live long.
    Imagine the dangerous conditions underground, Death was a daily habit.
    So why are these people whinging and whining. ???

I would rather pick cotton in the fresh air and sunlight than be a coal miner in those days.

My Mother and Dad both worked in a Cotton Mill from the age of 12, operating machinery, in a very Dusty atmosphere, Both died from Byssinosis, a Lung Cancer caused by Cotton Dust. Was that not a form of slavery???
    On the slave ships the Death Toll amongst the Sailors was terrible, No one mentions the terrible conditions the Sailors had.
    They died in their hundreds every year, with diseases, from West Africa, Malaria, Yellow Fever, Black water Fever, Cholera , and so on,.
    hence the saying,...… "Beware the Bight of Benin, Many white men go in, very few come out."

So, everyone, both white and black have had their hard times, or bad times.
    it is time for the world to stop all this whining .
    Brian
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 8th June 2020 at 10:43 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Brian, I think the momentum there black lives matter protests gathered from the British public, Will be damaged in fact i think they have shot themselves in the foot by defacing Churchills statue, Churchill and his allies rid the world of probably the biggest racist man kind has ever known in Hitler, Lets wait and see what the response is it wont go down well with a lot of people and why try to burn the union flag is beyond me having said that there was a protest in Manchester yesterday i don't think there was one arrest, The true protesters who are peaceful in the Capital where seen shouting at the crowd that tried to enter Westminster square lets remember why we are here and keep this a peaceful protest. The damage has been done sadly. Regards Terry.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well the police and TV stations have enough photographs and video footage of the miscreants to proceed with prosecutions, which the police should do with due haste. I wonder if the BBC and other TV stations will release all their footage to the police or claim journalistic privilege for that which is not in the public domain

Keith at Tregenna Guest

None of us have any proof whatsoever that the rioting, looting, damage etc have anything to do with the legitimate protests. How do any of us know who is a protester and who is an agent provocateur deliberately put among them to give them a bad name? We do not. The thugs, vandals and those individuals should be found and punished, the actual legal protesters must ensure that they obey social distancing, steer away from trouble makers and work on a better way of protesting that once infiltrated does more harm for a cause than good.

Keith.

6. Thanks j.sabourn, Red Lead Ted thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It’s called guilt through association Keith, a similar but different topic which Prince Andrew is finding out today all about. JS.
    R575129

8. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Keith, The guy who was trying to burn the union flag stood out as clear as day, No mask just a lighter in his hand these are the anarchist's that Ivan quite rightly points out wont be hard to find by police and dealt with accordingly, And there was a lot of footage taken by the press around Churchills statue that would easily root out the trouble makers, Its always the few that spoil it for the many, I still think they have a legitimate right to protest within the law but the more anarchy that creeps in the more public sympaphy they will loose. Terry
    {terry scouse}

Keith at Tregenna Guest

#47: The double standards? The refusal to extradite Anne Sacoolas over Harry Dunn's death comes despite an Interpol notice.

Harry Dunn was a 19-year-old British man who died following a road traffic collision, on 27 August 2019. He was riding his motorcycle near Croughton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom, near the exit to RAF Croughton, when it collided with a car travelling in the opposite direction. The car, a Volvo XC90, was said to have been driven by Anne Sacoolas, a former CIA operative and the wife of Jonathon Sacoolas, a US government employee working at the United States Air Force listening station at RAF Croughton. Sacoolas admitted that she had been driving the car on the wrong side of the road, and the police said that, based on CCTV footage, they also believed that was the case. Dunn was pronounced dead at the Major Trauma Centre of John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford.

K.

Last edited by Keith at Tregenna; 8th June 2020 at 12:51 PM.

11. Thanks Tony Taylor, Paul Johnson thanked for this post
    Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Denis O'Shea View Post
    John in a lot of cases the food is probably better and there's less chance of drowning. Rgds Den
    Sorry Den I missed this post, There was no chance of me drowning in Australia after what I saw swimming around the ship
    At Cairns . The only place I ate ashore and never forgot was B A, those staekes were the best ever, cheers.
    Last edited by John F Collier; 8th June 2020 at 01:17 PM.

13. Likes Tony Taylor, Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I don't see how the content of #49 is relevant to the current disturbances, but having said that it is probably of no significance as it was white on white! anyway if she leaves the USA now she will probably be arrested (unless she goes to Argentina) on an Interpol warrant.

All the protesters were breaking the lockdown rules and all very brave (their words) in declaring that the cause was greater than the rules and risk of catching Covid-19, lets see how brave they are when their sanctimonious utterings and actions finds them in a hospital bed with Covid-19, it may not them suffering but there will have been many carriers infecting others, if not at the demonstration then at later dates as a result of being infected by the gatherings. Intelligence is wasted on the young, they don't know how to use it.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast