Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: The truth about australia`s bush fires

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: The truth about australia`s bush fires

Les mate, a good friend of mine is employed at the Department of meterology, he informs me that Oz will easily reach the target set for us in the Paris agreement.
    Based on findings by the department which does all the atmospheric testing on Co2 and other gas emissions.

You do have a valid point about population levels, but much of that may be due to many factors, for example we use more fuel per capita as we have much longer distances to cover.

As to the cleanest, from latest figure the Scandinavian nations, are there already.
    Norway is leading the pack, but they are some 95% hydro electric and a population of only 5.5 million.

There are some nations such as South Korea and Japan that have virtually no renewable power source, saw one wind turbine in Yokahama and that was all, no sign of solar anywhere.
    Both nations use clean coal technology saying it is the only way to get base load power at the level they require for heavy industry. South Korea is the biggest ship building nation now.

So where does the answer lie, firstly we need ALL politicians to stop playing politics and come up with some sound solutions to the worlds problems, and by that I mean all nations not just here.

Les, you and I are not so far apart on this one, different ways of viewing it maybe, but I think we both agree the world needs to do more.
    Just that we are on different sides of the political fence.
    Last edited by happy daze john in oz; 30th January 2020 at 05:51 AM.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=Les Woodard;340899 What a fecking selfish generation we have become and looking back think we have been all our lives.[/QUOTE]

Don't include me in that, I don't smoke and I don't have barbeques

3. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Likes Captain Kong, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Me too Ivan
    and I have planted several trees in my garden, around 20, over the years.

and it still snowed here in Mid winter. How do I stop that from Happening??
    #Brian
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 30th January 2020 at 09:31 AM.

5. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Now BBQ,s, thats the biggest crime of all !!!, it has to be burned twice !!!, must be an opportunity for a tax there, lol. Here on the Island we have a good record for recycling, as we have little area for land fill, and while that is obviously good, at the weekend there is a huge queue outside into the local tip, all the cars with engines running, so where is the pay off there ?. Now i do a lot of DIY, and end up with lots of very small off-cuts and wood shavings etc, and i burn them in the garden (after dark), and we are now told that is very wrong, so if take them to the tip (petrol), and put them in the timber skip, what happens ?, why they go of to be burned of course. Something wrong with thinking here, maybe its me of course !, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tindell View Post
    so if take them to the tip (petrol), and put them in the timber skip, what happens ?, why they go of to be burned of course. Something wrong with thinking here, maybe its me of course !, kt
    Here in Torbay we have a similar daft situation, our Environmental Waste Operatives (Binmen!) refuse to take this/that/other so we are obliged to take it to a designated recycling centre, not the nearest one mind, but to the one designated for our property, which just happens to be twice as far away as the nearest one, and to add insult to injury they then charge you for some items taken. Then they wonder why there is an increase in fly tipping.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Don't need to buy cigarettes to smoke here in Cooma, we have been smoking for two months. In the morning my wife brings our cups of tea to bed, {She likes to eat breakfast alone} and with it the smoke report, whether it is so thick you can't see the school across the road, or I can see Radio hill which is half a mile away, which for us is about the best for the last two months. Never mind the draft excluder's on the doors, the smoke gets in. My cough has eased thanks to Cappy's old remedy he put on site a couple of years ago, Ginger and honey. I don't know what will happen about the Chinese problem, but I can see a problem for the kids of Cooma with all the smoke inhalation.
    My daughter took this on the way to work yesterday morning, she thought it was the moon.
    Des

SUN.jpg

9. Likes Rodney Mills, Bill Morrison liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If this one came in earlier I apologise... Had a lap top ‘hic-cup’..... BUT WHY ISN’T HISTORY OF OUR COUTRY TAUGHT IN OUR SCHOOLS????

13th JANUARY, 81 YEARS AGO WAS KNOWN AS ‘BLACK FRIDAY’ – AUSTRALIA – today it has a different and dangerous name......

https://www.redditstatic.com/desktop...imingPixel.png

Post image

On this day, Eighty-one years ago (13th January 1939) with temperatures above 110°F (45°C) across Victoria and the state in drought, bushfires consumed 3,700 buildings across the state, 71 lives were lost and 5 towns completely destroyed- never to be rebuilt.

The Royal Commission into ‘’Black Friday’’ concluded;

“There had been no fires to equal these in destructiveness or intensity in the history of settlement in this State, except perhaps the fires of 1851, which, too, came at summer culmination of a long drought”.

‘’At midday, in many places, it was dark as night. Men carrying hurricane lamps, worked to make safe their families and belongings Travellers on the highways were trapped by fires or blazing fallen trees, and perished. Throughout the land there was daytime darkness’.’

“The speed of the fires was appalling. They leaped from mountain peak to mountain peak, or far out into the lower country, lighting the forests 6 or 7 miles in advance of the main fires. Blown by a wind of great force, they roared as they travelled. Balls of crackling fire sped at a great pace in advance of the fires, consuming with a roaring, explosive noise, all that they touched.‘’

‘’On that day it appeared that the whole State was alight.”

NB : Every child in every Australian school should be taught about the events of ‘Black Friday’ 1939 to give them an understanding and appreciation of the extreme danger of the Australian bush. However keeping them ignorant of Australia’s bushfire history makes it far easier to radicalise them and recruit them into the Climate Cult.

As Orwell noted;

“The most effective way to destroy people is to deny and obliterate their own understanding of their history.”

And yet today we are being told by our leaders that this is the NEW NORMAL??? Oh, no, this time is DIFFERENT ---- now we are being brainwashed into believing the GOSPEL of the NEW religion of CLIMATE CHANGE!!

Those who ignore history are bound to repeat it – only this time it has a new and dangerous name, and a global religion behind it. The altar has been built and our gullibility is about to be offered upon it!!

imap://bireme2@imap.ozemail.com.au:143/fetch%3EUID%3E/INBOX%3E49218?part=1.2.4&filename=0E712637EF34494F ADFE21EFE43627A1.png

“None of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand”. [Daniel 12
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

11. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Out of interest when was the Royal Commission into ‘’Black Friday’’
    commissioned ?

K.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Apparently, Emergency declared for bushfire-threatened Canberra.

Authorities in Canberra on Friday declared the first state of emergency in almost two decades as a bushfire bore down on the Australian capital.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...9Ug&ocid=wispr

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There are some who consider the fires of Black Friday to be worse than the current ones. Certainly more deaths and property loss than currently happening.

A Royal Commission was called for after all of that, and like so many since very little of the recommendations have been carried out.
    We have ailed to learn from them, but much of that is the fault of the "Green' policies of some state govs lead by political correct fools who think they know better than those who for generations have managed the bush.

Most states will now conduct their own enquirey and the feds are suggesting a Royal Commission and one I think this gov will take note of.
    They already are talking of restricting the building in bush regions, type of buildings nd clearances around such.

It will never be the case where there are no more bush fires, but there is a case for reducing the risk of both the fires and damage to property and life.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

15. Likes Bill Morrison liked this post
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast