Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: The truth about australia`s bush fires

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default Re: The truth about australia`s bush fires

RE: Even if the deniers are right we would still end up with a cleaner world to leave generations from now to live in.

My thoughts entirely.

Keith.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Les Mate.
    I don't know what the answer is, but I would like some people to have lived here in Cooma over the last two months and continuing, not one day without thick smoke, wake up in the morning to a clear day, by noon a change of wind and the smoke is back, We are surrounded by National parks fires. I have been wearing a mask when I go outside, and I'm no pussy. I have been through numerous bush fires since living in Aus, some that burnt down the houses of my friends, each time they have been getting worse, and these fires are the worst that I can recall. Maybe it's not climate change, what I do know is`that the stupidity of the politicians is helping to make it far far worse than it should be. The Moron, Morrison our PM, called thus by a reporter not me refusing to listen to; no not scientists about climate change, but leaders in the field of firefighting; to order those fire fighting bombers from North America six months before these fires started, instead of worrying about the budget bottom line, is the direct cause of many of the deaths we have had.
    Des
    Last edited by Des Taff Jenkins; 28th January 2020 at 12:22 AM.

3. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Des mate, I know you have no love of Scomo but the ordering of aircraft from overseas is a state responsibility, one that Victoria ignored when our inglourious premier said we will not need them we are self sufficient. The we got the fires!!!

There has been talk in the media that the fires will add to global levels of Co2 in the atmosphere. Where did they get that one from?

Bush fire are burning natural material that the atmosphere an cope with, it is not 'Fossil' fuel unlike oil, gas and coal though all are the results of natural process.

It is estimated that on any day there may well be up to 10 million or more fires of wood, dried cow dung and other products used in many countries to heat and cook with, take a look at India. If bush fire contribute to Co2 levels then so do these fires, but nothing is ever mentioned about them.

Norway, a country with 95% hydro electricity uses that to cook and heat homes, but only in the cities. In country regions it is all with wood.

Clean up the planet by all means, reduce rubbish, recycle what we can, nothing wrong in that.
    But do not use the bush fires to promote your theory of climate change, it is not relevant.

Kong will agree with me, there are so many countries where they take little or no care of their environment.
    In Indonesia I saw it, the rubbish piled high on the side of the street, the plastic bottles all over the place, what do they know of climate change?

In many countries they now burn household rubbish, Sweden, Finland, Singapore and a few others. There was in the 50's a London council that did this to produce heat for their offices.
    Sending to land fill creates even more Methane as it all decomposes, burn it to run power stations and this is avoided.
    We currently have a waste problem in this country, our state opposition, Liberal, suggested this would be good for Victoria, reply from gov, no way will we consider this.

Bloody minded politicians politicians do more damage than any other thing on this planet.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

5. Thanks Captain Kong thanked for this post
    Likes Trevor Bodiam liked this post
    middlemount and bundaberg queensland australia
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

the problem with Australia shutting down all our coal mines is the fact that the countries that buy our coal will source it elsewhere, we have some of the best coking and steaming coal anywhere in the world, and coal from other sources will be much more heavily polluting than ours. as you say, the likes of india, millions cook on cow dung fires, surely electricity made from the cleanest coal available is better than cow dung/wood emissions. of course no one wants to talk about the 2 elephants in the room, over population and nuclear power.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Without Britain we would not have had the Paris Agreement. No government did as much as we did to achieve that.

However, no government, including ours, is doing enough today.

So what we need is much more action, much more clarity on the action that is needed, and we need it with a public voice.

K.

8. Likes Les Woodard liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well after reading your post #45 and saying that Kong and yourself agree that other countries not doing anything for climate change is the same as saying that a family in our street do not look after their house or yard so why the hell should I. Come on that is just an excuse to justify doing bugger all about it. As for that poor excuse for a PM Scumo the quicker the election comes the better of we will be even if we ended up with Pauline. At least she has views albet dodgy ones to say the least but she does have views unlike the current con artist we have. Who would have thought that Britain would end up one of the world leaders in climate change where we have slipped to the bottom of the list. We can not get any lower if we tried. They talk about the amount of jobs that would be lost if we closed coal mines down even when technology in them has reduced the number working there. I think that you will find that there expectations of about 20,000 job losses within the tourist trade because of the Coronavirus outbreak in China
    That's the way the mop flops.

My thanks to Brian for this site.

10. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes N/A, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Just a thought also, the RAAF is retiring it's fleet of Orions in 2020 and 21.
    They are strong, robust and designed to fly low and hard to bomb submarines.

WHY NOT FIRES?

Could they not be quickly converted and create a fleet of fire bombers
    in time for Summer 21!

raaf.jpg

AND you already own them!!!

12. Likes Des Taff Jenkins, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Les Woodard View Post
    Well after reading your post #45 and saying that Kong and yourself agree that other countries not doing anything for climate change is the same as saying that a family in our street do not look after their house or yard so why the hell should I. Come on that is just an excuse to justify doing bugger all about it. As for that poor excuse for a PM Scumo the quicker the election comes the better of we will be even if we ended up with Pauline. At least she has views albet dodgy ones to say the least but she does have views unlike the current con artist we have. Who would have thought that Britain would end up one of the world leaders in climate change where we have slipped to the bottom of the list. We can not get any lower if we tried. They talk about the amount of jobs that would be lost if we closed coal mines down even when technology in them has reduced the number working there. I think that you will find that there expectations of about 20,000 job losses within the tourist trade because of the Coronavirus outbreak in China

Les you misinterpret my comment. What I see is other countries not trying, does not mean we should not.

The Labor party has declared that if they win office at the next erection they will continue with coal mines as it provides income and jobs.

Our emissions represent about 1.5% of total global, does not mean we should not do more, but it makes a mockery of it when we are pilloried for not doing enough.

The push here for nuclear power is gaining ground and will in time become reality.

The we have our Labor state premier, it has been suggested that we should consider, as do Sweden, Finland, Singapore and others, burn all household rubbish to reduce landfill and Methane.
    All the landfill produce more Methane than any other thing, any animal or vegetable item that decomposes produces Methane. His reply, that would see the end of jobs in the recycle business!!!!!

So where is the truth in all of this Les, not from any bloody polis that's for sure.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The problem with the whole argument about CO2 calculated by per capita is that it helps with all the bloody lies and statistics. How about breaking it down to population in each country and see what the numbers reveal. I would take a wild guess that both India and China would rate a lot less than we do considering population density. Lets face it the UK I think has about 60 million population and we are around 26 million and yet the UK on per capita is lower than we are now do the maths and us per person and where would that leave our pathetic rating. About time we stopped arguing and throwing up all sorts of figures that suit each others argument. The whole truth of the matter is that we will not be around to see the results but stopping those coming through from trying to better their own futures. What a fecking selfish generation we have become and looking back think we have been all our lives.
    That's the way the mop flops.

My thanks to Brian for this site.

15. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

RE: The truth about australia`s bush fires

Closer to the truth ?

K.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast