Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: The truth about australia`s bush fires

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default Re: The truth about australia`s bush fires

Quote Originally Posted by happy daze john in oz View Post
    All C02 is heavier than air and the amount in the atmosphere is never more than about 3% of total gasses.
    Methane is also heavier, the biggest contributer to 'global warming' is moisture in the upper atmosphere.

Oversimplification is very dangerous.

During combustion or burning, carbon from fossil fuels combine with oxygen in the air to form carbon dioxide and water vapor.

Heat-trapping gases, in balanced proportions, act like a blanket surrounding Earth, keeping temperatures within a range that enables life to thrive on a planet with liquid water.

Unfortunately, these gases—especially CO2—are accumulating in the atmosphere at increasing concentrations due to human activities such as the burning of fossil fuel in cars and power plants industrial processes, and the clearing of forests for agriculture or development.

As a result, the insulating blanket is getting too thick and overheating the Earth as less energy (heat) escapes into space.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The men who for generations have logged the native forrests of Australia know hwo to care for the bush.
    their knowlege has kept it going and kept fuel lev els at a mangable rate, then came the 'Greens' and the Left wing know all who know nothing, they made the practice of clearing the fire load an offence. Huge fine simposed on those who did, and in a number of insatnces state govs have closed the saw mills.
    This is from one of the men who know about the bush and how to care for it.

Take note of this rather than some cut and paste along with biased media reporting as has been put here on the subject.

Its about time these CITY BASED EXPERTS started to listen and work with the people who have been thru these disasters before, they KNOW the real reason there is so much damage and heartbreak because of these idiots NO knowledge of what the real reason is that causes so much grief . Ned

Subject: Well written by Graeme who owns the Saw Mill at Corryong...

Never in my lifetime have I ever seen a bushfire become so political, with so much interference from city based experts!

Australia is known for its bushfires, cyclones, droughts and flooding rains so what has changed this time?
    I believe we now have a new breed of people in this country that NEED TO BLAME somebody for every natural event that occurs and they have infiltrated our communities with their ideology!

The majority in this country are the “Quiet Australians” who have seen it all happen before and know we will see it all happen again.
    Our voice wasn’t being heard! We knew that the fuel load was too high, we knew that policy had changed allowing fuel reduction burns and we knew that protesting by minority groups was influencing decision making!
    Just back on June 20, 2019 I raised these issues in a Regional Forests Agreement meeting in Corryong with representatives from DELWP, Federal, State and local governments regarding the fuel load in National Parks, the blackberries and noxious weeds in State forests and Parks, the lack of maintenance of fire tracks, the lack of water storages in these areas and outlined that we had a ticking time bomb right under our noses!

Climate Change didn’t light the fires in NSW and Victoria, lightning and arsonists did!! The fuel load was there and it was tinder dry from the drought.
    But now the SWAMP is rising and along with social media and mainstream media they are driving a tsunami of hate, of blame, of rebellion like we’ve never seen before!
    Everything that goes wrong has to be someone else’s fault!!
    They CRY Climate Change but then board an aeroplane to go overseas!
    The scientists are some of the worst hypocrites in this area! Fly to this climate conference and then to the next!

Children are being indoctrinated in schools before they can even read and write, about politics, climate change, gender equality, sex and religion at such a young age and well before they can make their own judgments on any of these matters.
    This indoctrination then spreads like a virus and infects those who we thought were immune, until it becomes a plague of rebellion and uprising against those who are the quiet Australians.

I might be old fashioned, but the Australia I knew as a kid was far better!
    We didn’t care where the power came from, as long as the toaster or the lights worked!
    We didn’t care if it was a drought as we knew every day was one closer to it raining!
    I battled the 1st of February 1969 bushfires in 45c heat as a 15 year old, I bent all the linkage arms on the tractor ploughing fire breaks, experienced the extreme heat of the fire, the lack of oxygen in my lungs, being too scared to sleep inside the house at 2am!
    I saw the devastating loss of property, and the burying of dead stock.

We didn’t have P2 masks or were told every 5 minutes of the what the air quality was!! We wet a handkerchief and put it across our nose and mouth and tied a knot in the back and got on with it!!

Then the chaos came again a few weeks later when torrential rains came and caused massive erosion and polluted our water, and 3 months later on the 5th of May we had cows dying of bloat as the grass was so prolific!

THIS WILL ALL HAPPEN AGAIN!!
    This is the country we live in and know as Australia, NO politician can change it, NO Climate Change policy will either!
    Humans caused this atrocity by their ignorance of nature and the history we have on record that could be used to prevent this occurring this bad ever again!
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Quote Originally Posted by happy daze john in oz View Post
    T
    It is another instance of those who wish to cause more division on the subject using any thing they can to proscecute their theory.

Agree with: Humans caused this atrocity by their ignorance of nature and the history we have on record that could be used to prevent this occurring this bad ever again!

"the biggest contributer to 'global warming' is moisture in the upper atmosphere".

Seems to indicate at least an awareness that there is Global Warming.

As the thread is titled, any other person posting is just in debate aimed toward
    the truth.

K.

Worth reading: If you love Australia, climate change should scare the hell out of you

Greg Jericho

https://www.theguardian.com/business...ell-out-of-you

Last edited by Keith at Tregenna; 27th January 2020 at 12:10 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Grr lost half the post.
    Vic
    Last edited by vic mcclymont; 27th January 2020 at 01:25 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Try again.
    No one knows the truth, we all have our own opinions even the so called experts.
    Between 1309 and 1814 the Thames froze over 23 times, explain?
    In 1963 the Thames froze over again- explanation.
    In 1807, the North West Passage could be navigated.
    Between 1940 and the early seventies there was a cooling period which ended in the early seventies at the same time as there was an explosion in the Co2 graph. Scientists linked this without proper scientific scrutiny.
    There are so many variable which are or have been excluded from the computer weather monitoring, the effect the sun has on our planet. The earths weakening magnetic field, these have been ignored.
    What we do know is that weather patterns are changing, why and the cause is unknown.
    If our so called experts are sure why do the allow forests to be burned down in order to create a substance to be added into petroleum in order to reduce Co2.
    Why does clearing forest in America to create pellets to be burned in Drax Power Station be deemed as environmentally friendly. Some Scientists have proved that burning pellets causes more Co2 than burning the equivalent weight in coal.
    As you can see there is no clear message from the so called environmentalists.
    Vic

6. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The Earth is one Giant Ball of molten rock, with just a thin crust on the surface,
    The Heat below us is tremendous. it comes to the surface all the time with the volcanoes both on land and under the sea.
    That is the Biggest cause of warming
    I have seen many Volcanoes and the heat and Gases into the atmosphere is unbelievable unless you have experienced it,.
    I have swam in the warm waters of the Antarctic surrounded by ice, I have seen Kilauea in Hawaii pouring red hot lava into the Pacific ocean and Boiling the sea.. I climbed Mount St Helens in Washington State and looked down into the crater to see the boiling lava. and so on.
    The heat is immense.
    Try it your self, go there and experience it and stop listening to some barmy green with a classroom Ology
    I will be climbing up Kilauea Volcano on the Big Island of Hawaii again in 8 weeks, Come with me and see what it is really like.
    Brian
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 27th January 2020 at 02:31 PM.

8. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Latest link mailed to me from rellies and friends in Oz:

Australia's rainy respite from bushfires seen ending.

MELBOURNE (Reuters) - A recent respite for Australian firefighters that brought rains and cooler weather is set to end, meteorologists warned on Monday, with hot conditions forecast for later this week raising a risk that blazes may start spreading again.

As of Monday, 59 bush and grass fires were burning throughout New South Wales state, 28 of which were yet not contained.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...cid=spartanntp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Interesting from the Smithsonian Institute, 250 million years ago a volcanic eruption in Siberia caused a sea of magna the size of the USA and 1000 feet deep to wipe out all known living things on the planet, man did not exist at that time. Man is so arrogant that he thinks he has an influence on nature, he is definitely wrong.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Apparently, Australia is set to sweat through ANOTHER heatwave with temperatures to soar above 40C across swathes of the country - sparking fresh bushfire fears.

The Bureau of Meteorology defines a heatwave as: 'three days or more of high maximum and minimum temperatures that is unusual for that location'.

It takes into account both overnight and daytime temperatures

The heatwave must be 'unusually' hot for that location during a particular month

The scorching temperatures come after a brief respite of rain and mild weather last week.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Keith those 40 temps are not uncommon here mate. Just the media beating it up as they are to bloody lazy to report other news going on. Yes there is a climate emergency. Yes there is a shift in the worlds axis as it has always been in flux. Yes these emergencies have happened for centuries but think you will find that the times between them are getting shorter. Yes Australian governments can not wean themselves of the royalties from exporting coal thus allowing more mines. Everyone has their own pet theory. What would be the result if we did make the drastic move away from polluting the atmosphere and reducing the harm it does? Even if the deniers are right we would still end up with a cleaner world to leave generations from now to live in. Our PM states that we only contribute 3% of the pollution so would not make a difference and no one would notice. Using that theory? We only make up about 3% of the population so if the fires wipe us all out then it would not make a difference and no one would notice. What a penis puller this anus wipe is hence another two and half years of inaction on anything for us.
    That's the way the mop flops.

My thanks to Brian for this site.

13. Thanks N/A, Des Taff Jenkins, Trevor Bodiam thanked for this post
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast