Page 11 of 60 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Climate Change

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default Re: Climate Change

Boris Johnson vows to use £1billion of foreign aid money to help developing countries tackle climate change
    British scientists will have to access up to £1 billion of the foreign aid budget
    The PM will unveil plans for a fund aimed at developing practical technology
    It comes as scientists say the past five years are on track to be the hottest in recorded history

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...te-change.html

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Then why Do I need to have my GAS CENTRAL HEATING ON every summer because it is cold.

I am just Taxing my litle car, it is Not Road Tax anymore, it is Green Tax, what do they do with the Money??? it is now £273 I only use it one day a week, a little 1500 Kia.

Hey You next door Pays NOTHING, FREE, as he is "disabled," He now has Four Cars in his driveway. one a big Mercedes that was supplied by the NHS because of his bad back. At the weekend he is on top of step ladders with cutters cutting his hedges, some bad dack, also having a pregnaNt wife, some bad back there, Gets more Benefit than I get from my miserable MN pension that I paid for my self. He gets his money Tax Free, I have to pay taxes on mine to pay the bum `s Benefit.
    and he has now been in this country 12 years and he says to me, " This is Truly Paradise.".
    So why do I have to pay a Green Tax on my car and he does not pay tax on his bigger car. He is out every day in his If Climate change is that important everyone should all pay the same, put the Tax included in the price of petrol so the more you use it the more you pay,
    A fairer way

Keith at Tregenna Guest

gas guzzling cars will be taxed more and more, they
    need to be forced off the roads.

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Last year South Australia suffered a black out during some of then hot weather, the state has gone to 100% wind and solar for power, just does not do it.

Tesla offered to install, free of charge, a battery system for the city.
    Duly installed it will provide power to the CBD for the total time of two hours and eight minutes.

From this some engineers and scientists decided to look at the possibility of providing battery power for the whole country, using just wind and solar.

The estimated cost of such a venture is in the order of $60 Trillion and would require a battery the size of the capital city of Canberra.

Extrapolate that across the globe and it shows the futility of such a venture.

The plan is for zero emissions by 2050, a tough ask by any standards.
    To reach such a point will require all burning of any materials, not just coal, gas and oil, to cease, stop all natural bush fires, close down all Volcanos and any other source of it.

But that will not remove the Co2 or Methane, the gasses the scientists tell us are the worst, all living creatures emit both and all that decomposes creates Methane.

There is nothing wrong in cleaning up the planet, nothing wrong in being better at recycling and reusing what we can, but using children as young as five as weapons in your fight against the establishment is not on. Maybe if those who want change approached it from the process of cleaning up the planet more people might take note. Most I fear are now bored with the subject and have come to understand that while some western nations may take some action there are many who will not.

As young men we all railed against our parent thinking we knew more than them, but as we matured we came to realize just how naive we were, in time the younger generation of today will go through the same.

A passionate member sees things very differently from the majority, nothing wrong in that, but common sense shows that much of what is being put out is either based on computerized output, or the extreme possibilities of some.

But go back and look at past weather patterns and see much of what is occurring now has done so in the past.
    Last edited by happy daze john in oz; 23rd September 2019 at 12:34 PM.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Keith
    What is a Gas Guzzling car?????????????
    Every petrol or diesel car burns fuel so what is the problem? if the Tax is included in the price of fuel then everyone who uases a vehicle pays for their use.
    So Again Keith......../..
    answer the question, WHY DO I PAY £273 TAX AND BAD BACK NEXT DOOR PAYS NOTHING AND HE HAS A BIGGER CAR THAN ME, I GO TO THE SHOPS ONE DAY A WEEK, HE IS OUT EVERY DAY IN HIS GAS GUZZLER, AND NO TAX ,EXPLAIN WHAT DO THEY DO WITH THE MONEY THROW IT AT THE SUN??....
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 23rd September 2019 at 12:43 PM.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

An assessment backed by the world’s major climate science bodies has found commitments to cut greenhouse gas emissions must be at least tripled and increased by up to fivefold if the world is to meet the goals of the 2015 Paris climate agreement.

The report, launched as leaders gather at a UN climate action summit in New York on Monday, says current plans would lead to a rise in average global temperatures of between 2.9C and 3.4C by 2100, a shift likely to bring catastrophic change across the globe.

Coordinated by the World Meteorological Organisation, the United in Science report says it is still possible to reduce the gap and keep global heating to a safe level, but it would require an urgent shift in commitments and action.

Speaking ahead of the summit, UN secretary general António Guterres said the world was fraying and needed international cooperation more than ever.
    “Let’s face it, we have no time to lose,” he said.

“How many climate records does it take to accept the unprecedented nature of what we are living and to act upon it?”

7. Thanks Rodney Mills thanked for this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

You can apply for exemption from paying vehicle tax if you get the: higher rate mobility component of Disability Living Allowance ( DLA ) enhanced rate mobility component of Personal Independence Payment ( PIP )

You would need to speak to him if you have concerns about his health.

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Answer the questions Keith,

What do they do with the Taxes I pay and people on Benefits do not pay???
    if we are all in the same world is it not right that we should all pay the same?????
    I am fed up of Paying Taxes on my car, on my pension, to support Bums like `Hey You` with a fake bad back next door.

I cannot get any kind of Benefit because I paid into A MN Pension Fund.
    If I had saved my money and got no pension I would be a lot better off.
    and get a disability car and pay NO TAX,
    I am Not concerned about his health, he is 40 years younger than me and ten times fitter, but has a "bad back" that does not prevent him from doing anything at all,

BUT please tell me , What do they do with my Tax for the car>?????? throw it at the sun.
    ???
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 23rd September 2019 at 01:01 PM.

10. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

You would be better asking your MP, failing
    that try Citizens Advice.

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I thought you would know it all Keith as you keep telling us.
    But you do not know what they do with my taxes.

13. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
Page 11 of 60 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast