Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Climate Change

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Climate Change

Just back to Climate Change all Last Week we here in the lovely Blue Mountains enjoyed what was the beginning of such lovely Spring Weather with Glorious Sunshine,hardly a cloud in sight and Temps in the very High Teens and Mid Twenties. Yesterday even we were on 22 Deg ,a lovely Sunny day>

Bam!!! Overnight the Temp dropped a staggering 21 deg with us awakening here in Blackheath to 1 Degree with Wind and Snow !! Yes Snow and quite a lot at that.
    This was such a big plunge ,due to an Artic blast ,so we are back into Winter for they say 2 to 3 days then apparently again to good Sunny days ! One good thing is that most all of NSW that is now with Water Restrictions ,may get a bit of relied if we get the Rain also predicted over this Week!??
    The poor buggers in the outer Regions are in dire troubles,with little or no Water now at all,and they are saying that quite a few places will Run out of Water within Weeks ,oh the poor People and Cattle,the Framers who work so hard ,why do they have to suffer so much!

It will be (And I believe already has started) the Shooting of Sheep,Cattle as there is no Water to keep them going,
    Many large Companies are trying their best to get Water and Fodder to these Areas,but so much is needed and the cost is enormous !

They are using what we call Road Trains (Very long Trailers pulled by massive and powerful Trucks) filled to the capacity with Bales of Food for the Animals.
    Then there are the large Water Tankers trying t keep up with getting Water to each place in need!

I recall about a Year or more ago when they had those terrible Drougts in Cape Town and surrounds,it was very hard for all,but they pulled together and came through it all,they were very lucky that it ended and the have had Rain by the Bucket loads since,so lets hope that it will happen here and soon too.

Our main Water supply Dam at Warragamba is now at only 48% which is very Low with the Population of Sydney Growing so fast and especially out West .

Let us Pray that this severe Drought ends soon!
    Thank you for reading!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=cecKDePmSgM
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 17th September 2019 at 12:23 AM.
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

2. Thanks John F Collier, Rodney Mills thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Big droughts are so common here in Oz, nothing to do with the so called 'Climate Change'.
    Here in Victoria big one in the 80's, one in the 90's that lasted for ten years, and now one again in some parts of the state.
    But for most of the East coast and parts of Gippsland there is forecast for today and Wednesday of a 'Rain Bomb' which will fill some of the dams.
    The big snow up on the mountains will begin to melt next month and add to the water supply.

But here is a good one for all of those interested in pollution.

Greenland is now such but about 1 million years ago was a Green land until the last ice age.
    It has a small population with many villages only having about 45 to 50 residents.
    The capital has only a thousand or so I am informed.
    But Greenland has no sewage or rubbish removal system.

All rubbish and the effluent of the affluent is collected in large black rubbish bags. It is then at low tide placed on the beach so at high tide it is swept away.
    I doubt many ate aware of this and it was only on a documentary at the weekend I found out about it.

The bags are washing up on other beaches across the region.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

4. Thanks Doc Vernon, Rodney Mills thanked for this post
    Likes Denis O'Shea liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Faster pace of climate change is 'scary', former chief scientist says:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-49689018

This is what climate change looks like in Australia – in pictures:

https://www.theguardian.com/australi...ia-in-pictures

6. Thanks Doc Vernon, Rodney Mills thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have NEVER seen any climate change here,
    the seasons are exactly the same as they have always been for my last 84 years.,
    It rained all last week and this coming week it will be sunny as it always is, and rain forecast for Next week. temperatures around 15 to 17 degrees all average for September.
    Why does everyone believe Fake News, It is a Political ploy to extract more Taxes from us.
    My little car only does 2000 miles a year but I have to pay £260 a year Green Tax.

The only problem I can see is Rubbish disposal.

A Lot of pollution is out of our control;, eg.
    Brazil burning down the rain forest, but no Greens there protesting.
    Indonesia, Burning down the Rain Forests, No Greens there protesting.
    Saudi Arabia, Oil Refineries Burning, No Greens there protesting.
    ETC.ETC.
    BUT MY LITTLE CAR , PAY UP ,OR ELSE..
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 17th September 2019 at 10:02 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I don't think you could make this up in a month of Sundays.
    Not being political in any way but most on site will be aware of the political shenanigans going on in the U.K. at present regarding our exit from the E.U.
    One political party has stated that should there be a general election in the next month or so, should they win, they will immediately revoke the article 50, which was passed 3 years ago, and keep us in the E.U. they further state that in order to help with stopping climate change they would place a passenger levy on individuals who are frequent flyers as a means of reducing the number of polluting aircraft in the skies over Europe. This would mean that they are effectively taxing there own m.e.p's as the most frequent flyers are likely to be all those m.e.p.'s who fly at least twice weekly to Brussels from and to their home country.
    Actually thought that I should have posted this in the jokes section as most politicians are a joke anyway.
    Rgds
    J.A.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Here is another Joke John,
    today on the Jeremy Vine show on BBC Radio 2, a woman, or should I say a person , said that people who Deny Climate Change should be arrested and taken to Court and prosecuted.
    Can anyone imagine that, The cells and Jails nationwide would be overflowing

These stupid Greens who are always young with an "Ology" of some sort think they know everything.
    I despair, once again.
    Brian

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Today’s generation is the last that can prevent catastrophic global warming, as well as the first to be suffering its impacts.

Believe or not but, cleaning up the mess that does exists needs doing anyway.

Future generations may thank those of today that assisted in making things better
    for them now.

There is no planet B.

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Keith there is Nothing we can do,
    I pay £260 carbon tax on my Little Kia Car. , WHERE does that money go ???
    Any ideas??? I only drive once a week to my local supermarket.
    What do they do with the money????, throw the notes at the sun??

Britain is one of the cleanest countries on earth,

No one is stopping Brazil from burning the lungs of the world, the Amazon Rain Forest,
    No one is stopping Indonesia from burning the Rain Forests.

No one is stopping ALL Wars, the biggest polluter of all.
    So Keith, what can this British generation do??? Nothing.!

The earth`s climate has been changing for thousands of millions of years,
    10,000 years ago you could walk across the North Sea and English Channel to Europe it was covered in ice.
    10,000 years ago, Bolton, where I am now sat, with the sun shining through my window was under 200 feet of ice.
    Can you tell me what caused all that ice to melt??? no industries, no cars, no planes etc.,
    It was just the earth doing what it has always done. changing , that is all.
    Antarctica, was once a continent covered in Tropical Rain Forests, Now covered in Ice,
    What happened??? that is why it has a lot of coal, oil and gas under its surface,.

So do not Panic.
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 17th September 2019 at 04:08 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There is no doubt that there are environmental changes taking place. Some are manmade others part of the natural cycle.
    1) The earths magnetic field is weakening and may flip at any time, scientists do not know what this effect has on the planet, other than increased bombardment from cosmic rays.
    2) The earths orbit is tilting closer to the sun, again know one knows the effect on the climate.

Everyone is making a mad dash for electric cars and wind turbines, the material to manufacture the magnets is a rare metal and is flushed from the earth using highly toxic chemicals. A mining company in the USA was fined for not controlling the waste and for releasing radio active materials into the atmosphere.
    There has been instance where the chemicals have leeched into the waterways causing illness in nearby residents.
    Using wind turbines requires more substations than conventional power stations, each of these substations release the gas Super Hexafluoride, this gas is thousands of times more potent than Co2 nd has the same effects., and the gas lasts longer in the atmosphere than Co2.
    Renault are the only car manufacture that use conventional magnets on their electric motors.
    The green revolution is more toxic than its predecessors.
    Vic

13. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There are appx 8million HGVs on the roads of the U.K. Pouring out more shite into the atmosphere than motor cars ,yet to read anything about them converting to electric .Has anyone any thoughts on this.

Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast