Page 55 of 60 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast

Thread: Climate Change

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Climate Change

Vernon, just want you to know that i am in total agreement with your comments.
    Just another topic that shows how extreme members views are on things and all of us think we are correct.
    Still, i was always taught - "Better safe than sorry " and believe that's the best answer.

2. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Apparently, Earth had its hottest decade on record in 2010s.

The decade that just ended was by far the hottest ever measured on Earth, capped off by the second-warmest year on record, two US agencies reported Wednesday. And scientists said they see no end to the way man-made climate change keeps shattering records.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/empow...cid=spartanntp

4. Likes Red Lead Ted, Rodney Mills liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Extreme paranoia is setting in with some of the younger generation.
    There are a large number of young persons here in Oz who say they w ill not have children as the earth will come to an end in the next decade!!

According to reports there are young persons in UK being sterilized for the same reason.

This shows how people can be influenced by the media.

But on a final note, look around the globe at many nations, particularly the ones in Africa and parts of the middle East, doubt they have any idea what it is all about.
    There are still many other countries where the call is not that strong.

As to the records we constantly hear of, where do they begin and end?
    Total global recording of any weather or other climate condition only came into being in 1948.
    Prior to that only individual nations, and some of their information was suspect.

We only have the media versions to rely on, and how reliable are they??
    Last edited by happy daze john in oz; 16th January 2020 at 05:37 AM.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

6. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Captain Kong, Bill Morrison liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

The global climate crisis is the biggest threat to global stability, according to a new survey by the World Economic Forum (WEF).

The WEF on Wednesday released its Global Risk Report, a survey of over 700 members asking what the biggest threats to global stability are. The results show that all of the top five biggest risks in terms of likelihood are climate related. Three of the top five biggest risks in terms of impact are also climate related. 2020 marks the first time the WEF survey’s five most likely threats were all climate related.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...cid=spartanntp

8. Thanks Doc Vernon, Rodney Mills thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Vernon View Post
    Although i can agree with most all of what you say John ,i still am convinced that there is Climate Change,may not be the direct result of all that is happening ,but its there for sure as the World is fast changing all over with many factors involved not only Fires.
    Let us not be Blind and just say its happened before,yes it has but things are getting far worse as time goes on. one thing for sure is that Millions of People cannot be wrong!
    Just again my opinion!
    Cheers

https://www.eartheclipse.com/climate...ange-real.html
    Vern, A very sensible post based on fact,. Which I tend to do all our yesterdays may have brought about natural disasters the world over, But I don't ever remember the coral reef dying or sea life ETC... Becoming extinct which as you say is common today, The globes temperatures are rising year by year as you guys over in OZ Have unfortunately found out to your cost, I was tuned into a very well known botanist in OZ on Sky Australia which has become a regular channel on T.V. Here in the U.K. He made what I thought was a very interesting conclusion regarding the catastrophic bush fires over there, He concluded that the shrub in the bush which ignite these fires so easily has never been so dry in the last 40 years, Now I know someone will say arsonist's are responsible for most bush fires that may well be true but as you say they cant all be wrong, And I thought this guy who's name eludes me spoke a lot of sense. And as you say sea levels are rising at a tremendous rate much faster than the experts first thought as a result of melting ice caps. The world is changing every day with or without global warming, So why not give our grandkids the benefit of the doubt and listen to the experts for once not just over in OZ But the world over. I think we at least owe them that which we enjoyed Regards all Terry.
    {terry scouse}

10. Thanks Doc Vernon, N/A thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz, N/A liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

How do you stop China, India , Pakistan Indonesia Brazil and many other countries from Polluting the world,??
    They just don't give a damn. and will never change.
    Taxing my little car £270 a year when I do less than 2000 mile a year. will not do anything.

Brian
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 16th January 2020 at 04:23 PM.

12. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Brian, If they where educated enough and given a little hand out every day instead of being starved into submission, I am sure given the ultimatum do or die they would soon come around to changing there attitude. The problem I find hard to swallow is Governments the world over including the U.S.A. Australia, China, and a few more don't have a choice carry on burning fossil fuel and spewing out diesel emission's and our days are numbered the ball really is in there court. Regards Terry.
    {terry scouse}

14. Thanks Doc Vernon, N/A thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If I remember rightly that during the severe winter of 1963 the scientists were commenting that another ice age was about to come about ,wonder what happened to that????

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes the forecast ice age that never eventuated.

Here in Oz we have had a burst of unusual hot weather for the time of year, but not unusual in it's being, just the timing.

Drought is nothing new here as any one who is old enough to remember the 1939 fires will tell you.

Last night on talk back radio there was a scientist who made some interesting observations.

He said, and rightly so, Co2 and Methane are heavy gasses and will not rise up into the atmosphere.
    Co2 is absorbed into the roots of tress and bushes and then converted and released as oxygen.
    The biggest 'Green house' effect is caused by water vapor in the atmosphere which can reach a level of 90%.

Continuous heat levels draws water into the upper levels, but at some point the level reaches such a level that it has to release itself.
    Wednesday night here in Melbourne we had the mother of all rain falls, nothing new for January, with a total of 48.5 mls of rain, the average level for January.

But looking at global temperatures I see nothing unusual with them, they are all around the normal level for the season.

Oz has gone through another episode of what it is well known for, and the first major one for 11 years, about the average time for such.

Yes there are some who are concerned and even frightened by the prospects of the future, but that is nothing more than paranoia, not rational thinking.

Last night the news, for the first time made the comment that the last decade here was the hottest ,'since records here in Australia began'. Not the hottest ever as has often been the call previously.

I would ask those who claim 'Climate Change is occurring exactly what that statement means.
    Climate and weather are two different entities.
    Last edited by happy daze john in oz; 17th January 2020 at 06:01 AM.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

17. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes dave moore, Captain Kong liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Quote Originally Posted by happy daze john in oz View Post

Here in Oz we have had a burst of unusual hot weather for the time of year, but not unusual in it's being, just the timing.

Drought is nothing new here as any one who is old enough to remember the 1939 fires will tell you.

I can only add:

Australia’s weird weather is getting even weirder

Fires, heat, drought, and flooding are nothing new. But climate change is making them worse.

https://www.vox.com/2020/1/15/210655...-drought-flood

19. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
Page 55 of 60 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast