Page 54 of 60 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast

Thread: Climate Change

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Climate Change

Although i can agree with most all of what you say John ,i still am convinced that there is Climate Change,may not be the direct result of all that is happening ,but its there for sure as the World is fast changing all over with many factors involved not only Fires.
    Let us not be Blind and just say its happened before,yes it has but things are getting far worse as time goes on. one thing for sure is that Millions of People cannot be wrong!
    Just again my opinion!
    Cheers

https://www.eartheclipse.com/climate...ange-real.html
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 14th January 2020 at 06:28 AM.
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Keith at Tregenna Guest

World wide.

Global heating has led to an increase in the frequency and severity of fire weather – the conditions in which wildfires are likely to start – around the world.

Climate change is here, and it's causing a wide range of impacts, climate change is one of the most urgent issues facing humanity today.

K.

3. Thanks Doc Vernon, Rodney Mills thanked for this post
    Likes Trevor Bodiam liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think there will be vast changes in the next few years, and there are efforts being made to produce more efficient methods of travel. I have just been reading of the latest fully electrical ferry service,
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-50233206, only a small beginning but surely more will follow, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

will some Green stop the volcanoes from warming?
    That one near Manila is throwing hot Toxic gases and smoke over Nine Miles high into the atmosphere, and No One is stopping it. all they want to do is to stop my little car.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think we will all be forced to change our ways, how many members here drive diesel cars ?, here in UK many cities are now introducing charges to drive diesel cars in the cities , this will only expand everywhere, at the moment Portsmouth is trying to introduce this, Birmingham is now on about banning cars in the city, and so on and so on. The future for cars must be electrical in some way. We all have to change our ideas, money will force us to, i drive a large 3 litre petrol car, so i am not some greeny on a mission, just i can see where its all leading,
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Interesting Keith but what will it achieve?
    Electric cars will still require most of what a Diesel one does and the emissions during mining, construction, decomposition of the spent battery etc will maybe not do as much as some think.
    No matter what UK, Oz or some others may do, until you get countries such as China, India, Russia, Indonesia and many of the smaller African nations on board there will be little difference.
    Norway wants to be total emissions free by 2030, but is the worlds forth largest exporter of oil and gas, work that one out if you may.

Many say Australia is the hottest continent on this planet, not true, that accolade goes to Africa.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

8. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Tony Taylor, Captain Kong, dave moore liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As said John, i,m not banging a drum, its just what's happening and expanding. Our UK government were the ones here who extolled the beauty of the diesel engine in the first place, now the bottom has dropped out of the market for diesel cars, and here i see more and more hybrids . we will all have no choice eventually, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I just wonder Keith, is it the Diesel or is it a case of overcrowded cities not able to cope with the sheer volume nay more?
    Diesel here in Oz is the life blood of the nation, without it we would be well and truly rooted. All the heavy goods go by road across the nation and we are talking thousands of kilometers.

I know Vernon says we are experiencing some form of climate change, I am yet to be convinced.
    As you know, like Kong we travel all around the globe, I have yet to see any evidence of any change.
    Climate and weather are two separate bodies and though they may be related one has little effect on the other.

In his book Captain James Cook on his second voyage to Australia to map the East coast made the following observation.

'By night all we saw were flames and by day smoke, it was as if the whole land was on fire'.

I wonder, with the current fires, nothing new for here, had there been no one living so close to the bush so no properties were lost ad no lives lost would there be the same outcry?

There will be questions asked by various bodies and the same answers will be given, why was the fuel load not reduced during winter will be the main question.
    Been asked before and lack of action on this is one of the main reasons for the current situation.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

11. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Bill Morrison, dave moore liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As i respect your way of thinking John i will not go on about this ,however as you say you are yet to be convinced of Climate Change!
    All i can say to that mate is ' By the time every one who thinks that way is convinced" it will sadly be far too late!
    If nothing is done to change things NOW , i fear that Mankind will be doomed ,might not be for a long time but its going to happen, there i will leave it for good!!
    Cheers

I have had my say on this and no more will i say!
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 15th January 2020 at 08:20 PM.
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

In 1972 I met with Joe Farmer. He had just returned from the Antarctic and he was the person who discovered the hole in the ozone layer. He showed me the first picture of this small hole in the layer and Joe said to me 'potentially Jim this is very very serious' Joe was a Chemical Physicist and he got a number of awards from Chemical Societies. He died in the 1980's . Joe will be turning in his grave at the lack of any serious action to try to deal with this situation and I fear that now it is too late.
    Jim Stevens ex MN ex Vindi

14. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
Page 54 of 60 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast