Page 49 of 60 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 ... LastLast

Thread: Climate Change

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Default Re: Climate Change

Much of what comes through here is worrying, please all keep safe.

Keith.

Australia is burning.
    The worst is yet to come:
    24 people dead
    500 million animals dead
    8,000 koalas dead
    Over 5.5 million hectares burned (the size of Belgium)
    Fire perimeter more than 10,000 miles long
    More than 1400 homes destroyed
    Thousands of other buildings & structures destroyed
    An as yet uncalculated number damaged

https://www.pakkeoz.com/2020/01/24-p...8zETNFUO5jlRyI

2. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A lot of these figures are i guess true ,however i just cannot know for sure as to the Number of Animals that are shown ?? Seems to be a hell of a lot to me ,but who knows! Lets hope the Figures for the poor Animals are not that high but its a terrible sight to see all over ,its Heart Breaking ???
    cHEERS
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

4. Thanks Chris Allman, John F Collier thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

But on many reports seems to be true oh how terrible is this ,it is just something quite unimaginable to anyone let alone us here!
    Please let there be Rain in the very very near future so that we can rid this Beautiful Country (Not so Beautiful now) of this disaster! It will all grow back i know and the Land will once again look green and lovely,the Animals hopefully will survive enough to Re produce and we will again have a Land of abundance !

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...led/ar-BBYCJi5

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Saw something beautiful on Tv yesterday, A burnt out area of trees and daintily crossing were a Deer and her fawn, how they survived the ferocious fire no one knows.
    The latest from the fire Dept is all fires are on watch and alert, if the winds are in the wrong direction will merge fires into a 5million hectare fire front . We have the fire report on all day on wireless.
    Attempted to clean outside today with permission of the Council as we are on level three water, total waste of time, and now that we lost millions of gallons of water when a tank on the ridge exploded have to be careful
    DEs

PS. Vernon, there has been no news on TV about the big mountain fire North of Wiseman's ferry what's happening there?

7. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Des
    As far as i am aware that Fire is Under Control ,but as you say depending on the Conditions and the Wind who knows!

So just to be on Alert at all times for now! Hope that we may (i say may) get good Rains in the near future ,as Man alone will not put these Monsters out!
    Keep Safe there Des!

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for that info Victoria,
    Warilla is south of Wolongong and *Lake Illawarra * [SPELLING.]
    Cheers
    Brian

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

HI Brian.
    Many places here with no mobile or internet connections, the power companies are fighting a hell of a battle to get people connected. Over 300 telephone poles down that they know about, so when they take in a generator they can't connect it up, mobile towers are also impacted by the fires. Even though there is a lot of coverage overseas the immensity of these fires can't be comprehended there. Our biggest aircraft carrier is anchored off Eden but even they were helpless when the fire roared over the mountain from Victoria onto Eden, it takes a special type of bloke to fight these fires and our Bush fire fighters are number one.
    Now to lighten this post somewhat, I was washing the thick oily ash off the house this morning, and had to go into the garage for a hose connection, something rattled like hell in among my tools, **** a Brownie!!! and I raced outside the rattled getting louder, nothing followed so I went back in, maybe it's a possum hiding there from the fires. Same bloody rattling, at the same time I am trying to get what I thought was a cobweb of me, the more I tried the bigger the rattle, by now I was sweating chips, then I realized what it was, I had been caught up in a fine fishing line and the more I moved the more it pulled off the reel which was spinning and rattling on the shelf. An immediate change of underpants was called for.
    Des

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Des, As daft as it might sound that is reassuring to me in a way, I have tried to contact a few people over there in N.S.W Both by phone and email but no joy, Thank you for that stick with the fight guys you will win out in the end Best Regards to everyone over there Terry.
    {terry scouse}

12. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I learned yesterday that over 200 UK firefighters are lined up with their gear, and ready to go, what's the holdup ????, they need permission from the UK gov to go, for Christs sake, i know 200 is only a small number, but would release 200 Ozzie guys for a break. I have contacted my MP to get his a*** in gear for these guys, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tindell View Post
    I learned yesterday that over 200 UK firefighters are lined up with their gear, and ready to go, what's the holdup ????, they need permission from the UK gov to go, for Christs sake, i know 200 is only a small number, but would release 200 Ozzie guys for a break. I have contacted my MP to get his a*** in gear for these guys, kt
    I’m in my comfortable basement den sitting out a blizzard which promises some six inches of blowing snow. Nothing new for a resident of Nova Scotia. Canada. but my thoughts are with the people of Australia while they battle those devastating fires.Which apparently will take months to contain.
    Canada has a reputation for offering humanitarian aid to nations throughout the world and one of her assets is a ship called the MV Asterix.
    The primary roll of the Asterix is to replenish warships at sea with the necessities of fighting ships but she also has a huge humanitarian capability.
    Having very successfully completed her first a round the world replenishment tasks she now sits quietly In Halifax harbour awaiting her next assignment.
    I wonder WHY ?.
    Surely she could be helping our Australian friends while putting her Humanitarianism capabilities to the test.
    Even if the powers that be are doubtful of her capabilities, the combination of Australian and Canadian ingenuity would surely find her a very useful asset.
    You can find out more about her if you Google MV Asterix.

Page 49 of 60 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 ... LastLast