Page 48 of 60 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 ... LastLast

Thread: Climate Change

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Climate Change

Hi Victoria.
    Here in NSW we are paying a firefighting levy on our insurance.
    Just a report on the last two day here in Cooma. As Vernon said most of the South Coast has been wiped out, the only road open to holidaymakers was through Cooma, 5,000 cars cars towing boats and caravans arrived here in Cooma but were stuck in Cooma as as car crash 16 kilometers from Cooma up the main Highway to Canberra caused a huge grass fire which burnt out 160 acres before they got it under control, there were as I said around 5,000 cars and caravans parked in the showgrounds and on all the roads in Cooma, thankfully the road was cleared and they left otherwise there would have been little food and no petrol left.
    My daughter took this picture at 2PM from the the back of her house just down the road, this was one of the worst days.
    cheers Des.

2PM.jpg

2. Thanks N/A, Doc Vernon, Rodney Mills, John F Collier thanked for this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Just received via a rellie in OZ.

K.

oz.jpg

4. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

VIA; Take Back Australia

Take Back Australia.jpg

6. Thanks Des Taff Jenkins thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Personally I myself believe that there is a connection to global warming and the catastrophic events the world over, This is not the right time to pass judgment on government policy in any country lets leave the inquest until after these events calm down right now its more important to see people come out the other side with there lives intact you can always replace possession's and homes you cant replace lives. I can only reiterate my blessing hopes and prayers for the people of Australia especially I have family there and many friends. Dig in guys you will come through this very best Regards Terry.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

F.Y.I.

There are currently 74 U.S. personnel form the U,S. D.I.O. (Dept. of the Interior) and U.S.F.S. (U.S. Fire Service) plus heavy and light equipment, An additional 24 fire fighters are being sent today.

Rodney.

9. Thanks Chris Allman, Des Taff Jenkins, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Again just received from rellies in Oz.

K.

81209772_1281456295388435_3408317906725896192_n.jpg

11. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes N/A liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

As the world burns, it’s sad to see so many leaders remain in denial about the reality of climate change

After the Amazon’s blazing rainforest fires that raged havoc, affecting not only Brazil’s but the globe’s ecology, the world is watching the devastation caused by the forest fires in Australia with shock and concern as the unprecedented devastation continues to take human lives and destroy natural habitats and wildlife.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...cid=spartanntp

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...cid=spartanntp

K.

Last edited by Keith at Tregenna; 5th January 2020 at 03:39 AM.

13. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

HI All.
    Got blacked out again yesterday, not only did the Snowy Hydro cut power; but God did as well, the sky blacked out at around 3pm, it was very eerie; as the street lights came on then shut down. two big sub stations in the Snowy Mountains impacted by the fires.
    Today we couldn't see out of our windows they were completely covered in wet ash, I went to get the car out of the garage to go for the paper and thanked god for the garage as the whole house was one big mess of wet ash, not even lucky inside the Garage, the car was in the same state covered in wet ash, had to have a good look around then hosed it off, water restrictions on level3. When I came home from the shop my wife said our Daughter called, she lives on the edge of town and she said not to come down to her place, the huge water tank on the ridge above the town had exploded, one street was flooded out, {Just what they needed in a fire} the force was so strong it lifted a concrete driveway and sent it into the trees. The fires are impacting up to the right and left of Cooma but so far we have only had on fire 16 kilometers out, when getting the paper counted sixteen fire trucks either coming in for a break or going out to the fires.
    The PM is under extreme fire from everyone, has finally called out the Army reserve to help the poor firies.
    This picture is of a Firie telling him to get F%$#ed, a little while later he collapsed from exhaustion, many have the same sentiments.
    Des
    PS Rod, we are all thankful for the help from the US, Canada, and NZ

Nelligen firefighter Paul Parker.jpg

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have been trying to contact my Neice in Warilla, NSW, , no phone or internet answers yet.

16. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well at last a short reprieve for us here at least,much cooler Weather Today with only a Top of 19 Deg and Cloud Cover had a lot of Fog (Not Smoke ) last Night which left a nice dampness on the Ground. They are saying we may get a small shower later (Possible but??) Also ToMorrow they say small amount of Rain and Wednesday too. Now that would be good. So at this time no Fires in our Area and no Smoke !!! Next 10 days Weather looks a lot better Temp wise with only two days of higher Temps but only to 32 ,so that is fine compared to what we have experienced over the past! So we can now relax a bit and take a breather,and boy do we need it. Still lots of other places with Fires so not out of the Wods yet,as said before it will take a lot of good Rains to put all these out,so let us hope that this may just be that start of something good for ALL here in Australia Thanks to one and ALL for your thoughts and prayers to us here in the Land of the Burnt Trees and as they said Yesterday on the News the Hottest place on Earth . Geeeees!!!!

Hope things are a bit better down your way as well now Des! Keep Safe mate!
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Page 48 of 60 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 ... LastLast