Page 45 of 60 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Climate Change

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Climate Change

Sadly it had to happen, two of our brave volunteers have died racing to help in the bush fire emergency, they were on their way to help with the terrible fire north of Canberra when a tree fell in front of their truck, the two were killed another three were injured when their truck left the road.
    Rest in peace your firefighting days are over.

These are fires..jpg

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Sadly, it all has to be nearer to home prior to be belief.

K.

3. Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

My rellies in Oz report being very worrried and concerned,
    oddly, some on site from down under seem to think it the norm.

Not much going on seems normal !

K.

5. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We have had some protesters outside our Feral parliament demanding the gov do more to end Climate Change.
    Not sure what they ae expected to do?
    We have professional fire fighters doing the best they can and if as the protesters demand we stop coal exports that will make things worse.
    China and India will buy from maybe Poland or Brazil where the coal there is 5 times higher in Sulphur content.

But the deputy PM said to these people, 'why not do something positive, meals on wheels or maybe cut lunches for the fire fighters'.
    That fell on deaf ears.

Propaganda and social engineering is stealing the brains from so many now.

This was sent to me from JS in WA, makes sence.

John in Oz, see in regards to media and also on the site, that people still have a fixation or thirst to expound their own views on such subjects to climate change and how to alters Gods will so to speak.
    First I personally claim the media to blame for most of this.
    As said previously any competent navigator of the old school would reasonably question this.
    The media should write articles about the planet itself , rather than act as a rabble rouser for the masses . A young boy of 16 in mine and others days knew and was busy learning more about the Planets stars and how we fitted into our solar system . For starters does anyone during the rather hot seasons we are experiencing at the moment does anyone come out to say our position in relation to the sun, most of us can remember the basics from 2 Nd. mate for those who sat it, that when the sun was closest to the earth it was in Perihelion and when furthest away was in Aphelion. Sun spots I have already mentioned , which are volcanic eruptions on the earths surface. The present unmistakable fact that something is out of the ordinary as we know it, is the magnetic field around the earth which is obviously changing due to the fast moving magnetic North Pole. Does anyone line up any theories on this. I would suggest your friend the professional compass adjuster and his associates would have more knowledge than all the egg heads and media combined. The more the herd discuss this so called problem the further they get entangled In it’s web. Beers JWS.

Sent from my iPad
    Last edited by happy daze john in oz; 20th December 2019 at 05:37 AM.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Seems an odd time to have gone on holiday ?

Prime Minister Scott Morrison has touched down in Sydney after cutting short his Hawaiian holiday, and is expected to meet with fire chiefs on Sunday morning.

Mr Morrison landed just before 8:00pm (AEDT) on a Hawaiian Airlines flight from Honolulu.

The Prime Minister's return followed days of criticism over his decision to take a family holiday during the bushfire crisis.

The period of leave was not formally announced and the Prime Minister's Office had told journalists he was not in Hawaii.

Mr Morrison announced on Friday morning he would cut short the family vacation, after the deaths of two firefighters in New South Wales.

Mr Morrison returned with multiple fires burning at emergency level across NSW and major fires also burning in Victoria and South Australia.

Earlier on Saturday acting Prime Minister Michael McCormack conceded that the bushfire crisis has increased community concerns about global warming and says he "absolutely" accepts more action is needed to address climate change.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-12-...-rage/11821258

8. Thanks Rodney Mills thanked for this post
    Likes Red Lead Ted, Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Its nice to get posts from all our friends over in OZ, Especially those who live amongst this catastrophic event gods speed these fires will burn them selves out before claiming any more lives, I wish all the communities well, My thoughts and prayers are with you all Terry.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The heat built up here on Thursday so much so that we had a tremendous thunderstorm that night, and a heavy downpour of rain, when we went outside in the morning not a sign of it. A fire has started twenty miles away in Numarella, probably some dummy burning rubbish. They caught a farmer back burning on his property the other day, it got away from him and burned over four hundred acres, it was heading for the huge fire near Canberra, if it had joined up it would have been catastrophic. Another old prick, excuse the language, was caught coming out of the bush after lighting two fires, they should have taken him up in a helicopter and dropped him into the middle of it.
    As for our so called PM all grins and prayers, he said there was nothing he could do about paying the Volunteers who are now desperate to pay some of their bills, even though previous PM had done it. but I noticed he was wearing a Bush firey's cap on every time he appeared on TV, he should have been wearing a dunces cap. He was eventually shamed into a payment for them.
    Des

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well this is certainly not the norm here in Blackheath ,this is something very new and all residents here and elsewhere are very very concerned as to this dramatic change in the Weather here in the Mountains

Yes we have had Bushfires before bit never on this scale/ I dont know the exact figure but so far some 1,800,000 Hectacres have burned,it could be more thats a hell of a lot.

Now Tomorrow agin posses a big threat all over NSW and other States with soaring Temps once again ,to hit the 39 deg here and about 45 in Penrith,accompanied by those hot Northerly winds which are the killers!
    South Australia is also having similar conditions .

Next Saturday reaching 47 in Penrith and 31 here,so for anyone to say its the norm,sorry to say but that is crazy! (Post #463 comment)
    So again we have to wait and watch Tomorrow ( 31st Dec) and pray that we dont have a repeat of last Weeks Fires here!
    Twice we were evacuated and i can tell you its no fun.
    The Skies have been filled with dense smoke for over two Weeks now ,and the air quality is terrible,dont know when this will end .
    One thing that is a wee bit of a relief is that they seem to now have part of that Mega Blaze ( ie The Grose Vally Fire part ) somewhere under control,but with high Winds predicted that may not last very long the other much larger one the Gospers Mountain Fire is still Burning on a vast front and is still out of control.
    Thats all for now Folks!
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 31st December 2019 at 08:37 AM.
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Doc.

Thanks for the post and my fingers crossed for you and yours and all my "Friends" shipmates and other friends of mine down-under. Heck! After the States, my favorite country and former second home for thirteen years, so fingers crossed for y'all.

I don't add a like to your informative post as I can't bring myself to like something that is distressing, cruel, or disturbing, so though I am very grateful for informative, but shall I say sad news, I cannot bring myself to click the like tab and there is no double thanks tab. So, this is my way of giving you a double thanks.

I'm hoping for about two inches, then a pause and two more inches of slow soaking rain all across the "Lucky Country." Anymore than that and y'all will be p#ssing and moaning about the floods.

Cheers, Rodney

13. Thanks N/A, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Rod.
    Woke up this morning to the wife having a fit, come and look at this. The whole sky was red cloud, no we were not having a fire, it was from Gippsland in Victoria, I don't know how many hundreds of kilometers away. The other is a fire down in the Snowy's a hundred Kilometers to the South of us. Des

Gypsland.jpgThere is no fire here.jpg

15. Thanks N/A, Rodney Mills, Captain Kong thanked for this post
Page 45 of 60 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 ... LastLast