Page 43 of 60 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Climate Change

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Climate Change

Yesterday Sunday 15 DECEMBER, I was up in the hills around town. It snowed.

OMG.Clmate Change...... it is Normal.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ivan ref 440, i hope she is ready for what she has sown, for the rest of her days she will be watched, and when ever she commits a non green act, it will highlighted everywhere, a big cross to bear at 16 years old, and one her parents may regret committing her to, kt
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Getting a bit hot here just now.

Adelaide in the 40's
    Perth had it last week
    Melbourne due for it this week.

So much hype about it, you would think this was something new.
    Hot weather brought about by northerlies blowing off the desert are nothing new.
    Marble Bar in northern WA often gets to 50 in summer, we were in Cobber Pedey back in 86, out in the painted desert, a one time sea bed with shells to still be seen it got to 50.
    So nothing to see here, just move on.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

4. Likes Captain Kong, Bill Cameron liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Agree with what you say John but its the Coastal Towns now that seem to be getting hotter and hotter,also the Mountains here ,the Summers are most definately hotter than before here,as we have spoken to many old time Residents who have told us that they have never experienced this sort of heat here!
    Expected Temps on Thursday and Saturday to reach a whopping 40 ! Thats something now isnt it??
    Cheers

Yes Aussie is and always has been a Hot dry place,but as said there is Climate Change a brewing and thats for sure!
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Last time I was in Marble Bar the temp was over 50 which was normal then.

BUT, I can honestly say, here in Boltonistan , the climate has never change one bit over the many years I can remember,
    Occasional mild winter, occasional cold winter, same as summers.,

The Persian Gulf was always Hot, in 1954 , 16 Arabs died due to the heat when we spent a month in dock there. We still had tp work a 12 hour day on deck.

2019, still hot in the Persian Gulf.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kong View Post
    Last time I was in Marble Bar the temp was over 50 which was normal then.

BUT, I can honestly say, here in Boltonistan , the climate has never change one bit over the many years I can remember,
    Occasional mild winter, occasional cold winter, same as summers.,

The Persian Gulf was always Hot, in 1954 , 16 Arabs died due to the heat when we spent a month in dock there. We still had tp work a 12 hour day on deck.

2019, still hot in the Persian Gulf.
    I was in Abu Dhabi in 2012/13 in April. 52* during day, 43 at night. All building work stopped for Asian workers, even the locals were complaining; there always has been variation in seasons, re,ember winter 63, we still had 6ft snow drifts at Easter

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Tony it was only a couple of years ago we where spraying fly spray around the kitchen to keep the flies away from the xmas turkey, How many 100s of 10000s years ago did that happen Terry.
    {terry scouse}

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Lead Ted View Post
    Tony it was only a couple of years ago we where spraying fly spray around the kitchen to keep the flies away from the xmas turkey, How many 100s of 10000s years ago did that happen Terry.
    ha ha Terry, you hit a sore point there mate. All my married life I have had my house insulated way beyond the requirements of building regs; However my efforts to maintain a well and economically heated house are still not registering with my wife despite numerous explanations.
    Again today, subzero temps this morning, I am in the living room when suddenly all the heat vanishes and the temperature plummets, wtf? I go out in the hallway to find kitchen door wide open, door into utility open and back door wide open; why? shes out feeding the birds then has the nerve to come in and say, this house is cold.
    In the summer all the doors are closed, why? to keep the flies out of course! I give up!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Tony ,funny I have the same problems!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Long time since I did the Aussie wave, to keep the bush flies off, there are none left, 500 Koalas burnt to death, we will have to secure a place for them, that is unless we are logging the trees. I'm pretty fit but have been coughing this last fortnight with the smoke , and we don't have bush fires within 150 Kilometers, people have to drive with their lights on. 1.2 million acres of bush have burnt out, 700 buildings gone up in smoke and that is only in N.S.W. so what, some say, it's Australia, but we are not even in the bush fire season yet, and what is more serious is that there has been no rain in some places for years; some large seven towns in N.S.W. have run out of water, my goodness says the Govt we will have to truck water to those towns, then they are told that the roads to these towns will not carry the water tankers,been neglected for years, we will use the railways, sorry there are no railways in the bush, Mmm what about new rail tunnels under Sydney harbour,cost over a $billion, oh! they only serve the posh areas of Sydney, Oh well!! We are running out of water to fight the fires what do we do? Nothing.
    Des.
    PS They just flushed water that would fill Sydney Harbour out to sea in South Aus, that water came from N.S.W. but Farmers were not allowed to touch it.????
    Last edited by Des Taff Jenkins; 18th December 2019 at 12:13 AM.

12. Thanks John F Collier, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Trevor Bodiam liked this post
Page 43 of 60 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast