Page 41 of 60 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Climate Change

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Climate Change

To some extent I agree with both terry and Vernon, yes something is occurring.
    The question is however, is it man made?

There has been talk of rising sea levels, but where?
    We go to the coastal areas about 30 times a year. In the past 40 years I have seen no evidence of the high tide levels being any different.

Back in 1998 we had here in Melbourne 5 consecutive days in March all over 40 degrees.
    Since then very few, maybe 4 in total, but we are promised one next Monday. we will see.

Many such as myself would most likely accept more of what is said if they explained this is a weather pattern rather than Climate Change with little to support the argument.

Claims it is Co2 or Methane from emissions is too far a bridge for me.
    Even if all emissions ere stopped, and that is not possible, Co2 and methane would continue.
    So what is the answer?

Big push here for more solar with the plan to export spare power to other countries, big dollars for those involved, which brings the argument back to the almighty dollar, maybe the biggest culprit in all of this.

There is evidence from core samples of tropical plants in many countries now ice bound in parts.
    Canada and Greenland along with Ireland are some of them.
    Long before the Vikings were ever heard of.
    Watched Boris, didn't he do well!!!!!!
    Last edited by happy daze john in oz; 13th December 2019 at 05:50 AM.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

2. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Captain Kong liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The weather patterns are changing, are the down to man ? I don't believe man is the sole cause, there other factors which are not considered in the equation.
    In the 1890's Australia's exports declined due to droughts, no climate change then.
    Look through history and many climate events occured then that are happening today.
    Vic

4. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Re Post 417. Couldn't agree more Doc. Something bad is happening to our world and action is urgently needed by so called leaders everywhere.

6. Thanks Red Lead Ted, Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Keith at Tregenna Guest

Quote Originally Posted by happy daze john in oz View Post

There is evidence from core samples of tropical plants in many countries now ice bound in parts.
    Canada and Greenland along with Ireland are some of them.
    Long before the Vikings were ever heard of.
    Watched Boris, didn't he do well!!!!!!

No doubt things were different millions of years ago, but the Vikings were mentioned in answer to
    the naming of the country.

Also glad our elections are over and hope we can now continue to steer clear of politics.

Keith.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Back in millenniums if it had not been for climate change we would not have the earth as it is now,it did not happen overnight,it occurred over thousands of years,so what's the panic over.With human interference it may happen quicker,wildlife evolved along with it to what it is now.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dave moore View Post
    Back in millenniums if it had not been for climate change we would not have the earth as it is now,it did not happen overnight,it occurred over thousands of years,so what's the panic over.With human interference it may happen quicker,wildlife evolved along with it to what it is now.

As you say with human interference it may happen quicker.

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria Moss View Post
    Not paying them? That's simply criminal. Obviously these people (employers etc.) do not live in an area that is currently under threat of fires.
    If it were in their own backyards it would certainly change their perspective I should think. How utterly mean of both their employers and the Govt. Who do they think would do this selfless work otherwise. If they subcontracted others to do this it would cost a lot more.
    PAY THEM. If necessary we should start crowd funding to support these fire fighters and their families.
    Hi Victoria.
    As I said put a picture on when you were younger, and you have put a lovely one on your Avatar. We always remain young in our minds so why not let everyone see it.
    Cheers Des
    PS with excuses to John for going off the subject.
    Last edited by Des Taff Jenkins; 14th December 2019 at 12:00 AM.

11. Likes N/A, happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Oil, Gas and Coal come from green materiel such as trees, plants and other plant material, which over millions of years have been compressed beneath the earths surface.
    Oil can be found in regions such as the Middle East desert regions, beneath the poles, and under the sea.

At that time the earth had no polar regions and was a verdant green planet.

Then at some time came the ice age which brought about the forming of the Polar regions and ice covered regions such as Greenland, Northern Canada and other places.

If the current 'Cut and Paste' member is correct the Vikings in the 10th Century found Greenland as just that, a verdant Green Land.

Now it is an ice covered land, which shows that at some time a second Ice Age took place.

Here in Australia there is evidence, in the form of sea shells, that in the center of the continent at one time there was sea. Now arid desert land.

But all of this occurred without the interference of man, changes to climatic conditions and weather patterns.

Some 30,000 Scientist, the majority employed by Government agencies say that man is causing untold damage to the climate with emissions. But who are these scientists and how do you get a consensus of opinion with so many? Remembering that 52% to 48% is a majority.

Could it then be that the current Weather Patterns are just another example of how the planet manages its self?
    We are told that records in weather patterns are being broken, but what patterns?
    Prior to 1948 there were no world records, only those of individual countries, some of which would not be that accurate.

Little wonder with all of this that there are many who are called, 'Deniers', by those that believe.
    The argument will continue, and new 'evidence' will appear to satisfy both sides.

Interestingly a probe is on it's way to further study the Sun, the solar winds and sun spots, that effect our weather here on Earth. Was it sent at night?

Here in Oz we are currently experience severe drought, nothing new there, the Waters of the South Pacific have warmed more than usual with heat generated mainly by underwater volcanic activity.
    This brings the 'El Nino' effect.

The heat draws moisture from the ground into the atmosphere, but it reaches a point where the atmosphere can no longer hold this, the result La Nina, great rains in flooding proportions.
    But the drought may well last for a number of years before the break comes.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

Keith at Tregenna Guest

RE: the Vikings in the 10th Century found Greenland as just that, a verdant Green Land.

Again, my only mention of the Vikings was as you had mentioned the naming, as being after a Greenland with no ice,
    now you say the Vikings in the 10th Century found Greenland as just that, a verdant Green Land.

I make no attempt to correct you but, offer further information that speaks for itself.

Erik the Red gave Greenland its name over 1,000 years ago and ushered in the country’s Viking era.

https://visitgreenland.com/about-gre.../erik-the-red/

The Vikings arrived in Greenland at the end of the 10th century. They were led by Erik Thorvaldsson (c.950-1003), known as Erik the Red because of his red hair. Erik first sailed to Greenland about 982 and he like what he saw. Erik the Red is said to have given the country its name 'Greenland' hoping it would attract settlers.

Last edited by Keith at Tregenna; 14th December 2019 at 08:49 AM.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Vernon View Post
    So that my opinion now of the Weather and all this on Climate Change, and i feel it is now time for all the Big Brass to wake up and try and do something about it,or i fear our World will just Crumble and Die!
    End of my Thoughts ! But really it is damn awful .
    Cheers

Thank for reading.
    Replies!!! I await in anticipation but please be gentle LOL

REPORTS ARE:

Australia could face its hottest day ever - beating record of 50.7C

Wondered how our members down under report of today.

K.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...cid=spartanntp

Page 41 of 60 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast