Page 4 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Climate Change

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Climate Change

Quote Originally Posted by dave moore View Post
    There are appx 8million HGVs on the roads of the U.K. Pouring out more shite into the atmosphere than motor cars ,yet to read anything about them converting to electric .Has anyone any thoughts on this.
    TNT have had some electric trucks working from their base in Washington, they were made in Washington also by Smiths Electric Vehicles who have a long history in that field, mainly things like milk floats originally; according to my TNT driver acquaintance they have not been too successful.
    Also the electric buses which ran a circular from city centre to Quayside in Newcastle seem to have faded away

- - - Updated - - -

LNG fuelled trucks and buses are also growing in popularity

2. Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Electric cars are only a stop gap until Hydrogen cars are fully developed, Hyundai are currently making them in South Korea.
    Our feral gov has six in trial, in London a Hydrogen Train has been developed.

Here on Friday there is to be a rally against Climate Change.
    Young children, as young as six, will be taken from school to march in it.

This is the work of the 'Greens' who want the voting age dropped to as low as 12????????????????

But of course at that age the students are very susceptable to brain washing. Beat the drum long enough and loud enough and some will listen.
    It is known as propaganda, something that worked very well in WW2.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

4. Thanks Captain Kong, dave moore thanked for this post
    Likes vic mcclymont liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It is no surprise the Guardian paper in Oz is posting pictures about 'Climate Change', they are one of the most radical papers we have.

But the fact is Oz is a land of droughts and floods, always ahs been always will.
    But it could be changes if the polis wished it so.

It is not the driest continent on earth as many like to say, we do get excessive rain fall but do nothing to harvest it.

The pictures are not truly representative as, is the case with most, they can be distorted to suit the occasion.

We currently have a recycling crisis on our hands, why, because previous Labor gov decided to send our waste to China and other countries to use.
    Those countries have now rejected any more so we are stuck with mountains of it.

So now we have to find ways to recycle the plastics and other items, and begin, as in Sweden, Finland and Singapore to burn the house hold rubbish to generate power.
    So do not be side lined by media comments about our situation here in Oz.
    Yes we are currently having some bad bush fires, nothing new there, caused in many cases by man in his ignorance.
    A cigarette but dropped rom a car, spark from an angle grinder, easy to start a fire, then some deliberately lit and lightening strikes starting some.

But of course if we were allowed to clear some areas to prevent fires, as was the way the Aboriginals did it, things would be different but the 'Greens' spend so much time preventing this.

Then there is the fact that a great number of trees here require fire to open new seeds, the Aboriginals knew that and began fires for that purpose.

So if you want to post articles about Oz do not do it in a casual manner as one does, look a bit deeper and outside of the square.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

6. Likes vic mcclymont, Tony Taylor liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by happy daze john in oz View Post
    It is no surprise the Guardian paper in Oz is posting pictures about 'Climate Change', they are one of the most radical papers we have.

But the fact is Oz is a land of droughts and floods, always ahs been always will.
    But it could be changes if the polis wished it so.

So if you want to post articles about Oz do not do it in a casual manner as one does, look a bit deeper and outside of the square.
    They could dump the rubbish in those huge open cast mine sites and when full they can be capped and run generators on the off gas for years, providing cheap electricity.
    Last edited by Doc Vernon; 18th September 2019 at 08:17 PM.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Climate change is endangering children and threatening their futures.

Climate change puts children’s most basic rights at risk, seriously affecting their access to health, food, water, clean air, education and protection. Around the world, the growing number of extreme weather events is putting more and more children’s live’s in danger. Every year, environmental factors take the lives of 1.7 million children under five.
    For an even greater number of children, these events mean a reduced chance of a happy, healthy future. When floods hit, schools and health clinics are destroyed. When droughts occur, children spend less time in school because they have to walk miles every day to collect water. Rising sea levels and toxic air pollution turn the communities that children call home into hazardous environments to grow up in.

These aren’t problems that can wait. They are problems right now, and Unicef is working tirelessly to help solve.

https://www.unicef.org.uk/what-we-do...limate-change/

9. Likes Rodney Mills liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

there are no rising sea levels at the moment, I have been monitoring the sea level in Fleetwood on the Irish Sea coast for over 20 years, I have a house right on the sea wall, if I jump over the fence I land in the sea, that is how close it is, the sea levels for the various tides have NOT Increased by one inch.
    For the increase of one metre we would need an extra 37,000,000,000,000 Cubic metres of water.
    I do not know where you are going to get all that water from.
    you cannot make water, The amount of water on this planet is the same as it was 5,000,000,000 years ago.

Volcanoes can have a devastating effect on the weather patterns. But no one blames a Volcano, What would they do? Plug every volcano??
    When Krakatoa erupted the weather was affected world wide, even here in the UK 10,000 miles away, When Mount St Helens erupted , in Washington State 8,000 miles away, we were covered in its dust. I climbed Mount St Helens afterwards to see the most devastation I have ever seen, it was like a Nuclear holocaust,
    Many Volcanoes are in permanent eruption world wide, Go to the Big Island of Hawaii, I have been many times and am going again next March to see the None stop lava floes, several types of poisonous gases pouring out into the atmosphere none stop. Boiling lava flowing none stop into the Pacific Ocean, the sea water is Boiling, this is heating up the oceans, which creates more rain, BUT No one is stopping the Lava flows or even mention it, WHY??
    Giant Solar Flares pour out of the sun at various intervals, these affect weather patterns, but no one mentions it or even know about it.
    Because it is easier to Tax my little car.
    Wars have been going on None Stop ever since WW2 Big Polluters are wars, BUT No one stops them, WHY?? Because it is easier to tax my little car.
    The earth is a big living breathing beast, it will continue to do what it has always done.

All these Arm Chair Critics should get out across the world and see all these things for themselves, instead of reading Fake News on google or newspapers.
    So why persecute my little car that only sees the road one day a week,?? £260 a year green Tax. and what do they do with the money.??? Throw the pound notes at the sun???
    Brian
    Last edited by Captain Kong; 18th September 2019 at 11:59 AM.

Keith at Tregenna Guest

To be honest, I would take the advice from the many experts over a few individuals.

Earlier generations went to war to safeguard a future.

This generation must at least care for the young now that may inherit a mess, beyond
    by then there control.

Our children deserve better, any parent would want the best for the new generation.

As said there is no planet B.

K.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Keith
    What is your answer to Volcanoes then.
    There are Hundreds of them world wide, all active
    I have seen the Pacific Ocean covered with Pumice floating on top, thousands of square yards of it from Under the sea Volcanoes, all erupting spewing out gases through the surface, heating up the oceans that effect the weather patterns.
    Off the West Indies and Iceland and the Antarctic, are many undersea Volcanoes again all active with gases and pollution.
    In 2009, when I was in the Antarctic I was swimming in the very warm waters of Desolation Island surrounded by ice, it was from the Volcano, this was heating the Antarctic Ocean.
    Why do the Greens Never mention it , it is always my little car that is doing the damage.

There is a big world out there, I am sure you could afford to go and see and feel the effects of these volcanoes, better than reading Fake News.
    Brian

Keith at Tregenna Guest

As you say volcanoes have been around for a long time and are part
    of mother nature, the gas guzzling old car is in reality something that
    will be gone along with millions of others.

The planet needs a complete make over regardless.

K.

14. Likes Rodney Mills, Bill Cameron liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Captain:

I've posted scientists answers to this reoccurring question many times, I'm just repeating the following extracts:

"In this warming world, some parts of the planet are warming much faster than others. The warming is causing large ice bodies to start to melt and move rapidly, in some cases sliding into the ocean.

This movement is the topic of a very new scientific study that was just published in the journal Earth and Planetary Science Letters. The Arctic is warming much faster than other parts of the planet and the ice there is showing the signs of rapid warming. This fact has serious consequences. First, melting ice can cause sea levels to rise and inundate coastal areas – it also makes storms like hurricanes and typhoons more destructive. Melting ice also causes a feedback loop, which can cause more future warming and then more ice loss.

It should be noted that there are different types of ice. Some ice floats on water and is called sea ice. When it melts, the ocean water level hardly budges because the ice is already in the sea displacing liquid water."...

Please Note: The above explanation of sea ice gives an answer to melting ice cubes in gin and tonic not raising the water level. The ice cubes are displacing the water, just in a different form and when they melt onto water it is just occupying the same space as the ice cube. It's land ice melting and entering the oceans, they do not displace they add to ocean levels. Further, ocean levels are not one even level all over the globe, they are variable, caused by prevailing weather, currents, tidal flow, land elevation, etc..

..."Other ice is on land and may be a large ice sheet or a smaller glacier. These ice bodies sit atop the land and “rest” there. In some cases, they extend out off the land and into the ocean where they partly float on liquid water. When this land ice melts, the liquid flows into the oceans and can cause significant ocean level rising

So, the importance of ice depends on what type it is, where it is located, and how fast it is melting."...

"Showing results for "Can volcanoes cause world oceans to get warmer?"

Answer from a "greenie" I guess, then, to all "flat-earthers" , on volcano surface and subsurface. Information found by googling "Do volcanoes warm the atmosphere?"

" Do volcanos cause global warning?

Short version for those too busy to read the below links, I found them by googeling Does subsurface volcanic activity cause global warming?

I did not cherry-pick these responses. I took three out of the first four, skipping over the Daily Wail.

For those too busy to read the links, the short answer is No. In fact above ocean level eruptions have the opposite effect, they cause temporary global cooling due to the ash encircling the upper atmosphere, interfering with the sun's warming effect.

Sub-surface volcanic activity, though there are 3+million identified and it is extrapolated to 34million, and were they all to erupt at the same time and each poured out a identical flow of magma, could not raise the oceans temperature significantly. An exceptionally large event could raise localized ocean temperature but not the earths oceans, however, it is the surface temperature that does the damage and the majority of underwater volcanos are too deep to effect much localized surface change. Deep sea volcanic activity that is constant has an unique ecosystem that survives due to the localized warming effect in a dark, bitterly cold environment.

Ocean global warning does not effect the world equally, it depends on effecting areas within a large tidal flow. Your seawall is apparently not within effected tidal regions, so lucky you can dangle your tootsies without fear of it raising up to your knees. Google the effect on arctic glacial melt and look at the before and current photos, it's shocking.

In summation , you are correct, Krakatoa did effect the worlds climate, however, not as global warming, it had the opposite effect, it caused global cooling as the ash that spewed up in the atmosphere blocked the sunlight.

Rodney (still the canary in the coal mine).

16. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
Page 4 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast