Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast

Thread: Climate Change

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Climate Change

Quote Originally Posted by happy daze john in oz View Post
    You may wqell find this of interest as it puts a whole new aspect of the situation we all face.

It’s well worth the read.
    Why climate change is an irrelevance, economic growth is a myth and sustainability is forty years too late | Global Comment
    Well done! The population issue is rarely discussed. Priests promote the opposite. Polititians dare not touch it. 'Princes' build bigger palaces. This quote from the piece sums it up:

"In hindsight, we should have addressed rampant overpopulation shortly after WW2, when the global population was still around 2.5 billion – less than a third of what it is today. But we were in the midst of jubilant post-war optimism and still believed in the delusion of ‘nature’s endless bounty’.

If you could go back in time to around 1604, to the spot where Manhattan now sits, you would see a tiny settlement of about 150 people enjoying a pristine coastal wilderness with superb growing soil, ample wildlife and rich timber forests – a genuine paradise on earth. Back then, whales would wander up the clean, fish-rich Hudson River and you could pull lobsters out of the sea half as long as a man. Huge flocks of passenger pigeons blackened the sky."
    Harry Nicholson

2. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes happy daze john in oz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Announced today here in Oz, the term 'Global warming' will no longer be used. officially now Climate Change.

On the same day December 2nd at the end of Spring massive dumps of snow on the Alps. Very unusual for this time of year.

But a serious question has been asked by one commentator, who and where are the 30,000 scientists who say Climate Change is occurring, can we speak with some, or is it as I suspect he went on to say this is more to do with an attempt at social engineering or dumbing down of society.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

4. Thanks Doc Vernon thanked for this post
    Likes Captain Kong liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Harry.
    And a million Bison roamed the prairie, now just about only seen in zoos.
    Des

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just going back to Climate change,well Today here it is bleedin cold at present here only 8 degrees with Wind and a wee bit of Rain but not much as well. They say there is Snow on the Peaks ! Summer! Well i never ,if this carries on in a Year or two we will also be like the UK with a White Xmas! Brrrrr! Whats happening!!
    I have my Gas heating on never had to use it before in December!
    Its crazy this weather and i now say there is a definate change in the Climate all over the World.
    Cheers
    Senior Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John.
    We had to put another dooner on the bed, and the aircon on . This morning Drs visit with a thick winter jumper on, freezing my ++++ off, only to be told that my appointment was given to some woman they know nothing about, some company has taken over the Drs computer work, what a bloody mess, I have kept all my details of my Prostate problem for twenty years on my computer, now the Dr wants a copy for his files, I said why the hell don't you sack them. is there a medical take over in the air.
    Des

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I am not going to argue with anyone , but i am sure where i live the climate is changing, no snow for several years etc ( that statement will insure we get snowed in this year!!!), but i do have a suspicious mind, and climate change protesters in particular, a huge amount of these school kids enjoy a day off, some will be genuine of course.
    I have just watched a clip on youtube, on Greta Thunberg and her protests in Alberta, and the guy asks some pertinent questions, and gets some doubtful answers, if you watch the clip you will see daddy has a liking for bananas, surely he would not like to eat them if they had airmails attached ?, so the climate must have really changed dramatically, and he's eating local grown Alberta bananas !!!!, kt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSH-x6DhfW0
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Vernon View Post
    Just going back to Climate change,well Today here it is bleedin cold at present here only 8 degrees with Wind and a wee bit of Rain but not much as well. They say there is Snow on the Peaks ! Summer! Well i never ,if this carries on in a Year or two we will also be like the UK with a White Xmas! Brrrrr! Whats happening!!
    I have my Gas heating on never had to use it before in December!
    Its crazy this weather and i now say there is a definate change in the Climate all over the World.
    Cheers
    ha ha, dont complain; it was -6 here over the weekend, but today is a mild 5* with 12 forecast for Friday, I would go down the beach but the water temperature hasn't caught up.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The UN Secretary has stated that the earth has reached is tipping point regard climate change and the continual rise in Co2.
    Yesterday on the Web a group of scientists have reported that Co2 emmissions have peaked and that they expected the climate to stabilize.
    Who do you believe?
    Vic

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sadly, I am alright Jack, is no longer good enough.

K.
    "Our veterans did not forget about us .... Let's not forget about them." From Michael Levesque

12. Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by vic mcclymont View Post
    The UN Secretary has stated that the earth has reached is tipping point regard climate change and the continual rise in Co2.
    Yesterday on the Web a group of scientists have reported that Co2 emmissions have peaked and that they expected the climate to stabilize.
    Who do you believe?
    Vic
    Certainly not a politician, as they haven't been listening for donkeys. Is the climate being used as a big distraction I wonder.
    Des

Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast