Page 36 of 60 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast

Thread: Climate Change

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Climate Change

Just going back to Climate change,well Today here it is bleedin cold at present here only 8 degrees with Wind and a wee bit of Rain but not much as well. They say there is Snow on the Peaks ! Summer! Well i never ,if this carries on in a Year or two we will also be like the UK with a White Xmas! Brrrrr! Whats happening!!
    I have my Gas heating on never had to use it before in December!
    Its crazy this weather and i now say there is a definate change in the Climate all over the World.
    Cheers
    Senior Site Moderator-Member and Friend of this Website

R697530

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John.
    We had to put another dooner on the bed, and the aircon on . This morning Drs visit with a thick winter jumper on, freezing my ++++ off, only to be told that my appointment was given to some woman they know nothing about, some company has taken over the Drs computer work, what a bloody mess, I have kept all my details of my Prostate problem for twenty years on my computer, now the Dr wants a copy for his files, I said why the hell don't you sack them. is there a medical take over in the air.
    Des

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I am not going to argue with anyone , but i am sure where i live the climate is changing, no snow for several years etc ( that statement will insure we get snowed in this year!!!), but i do have a suspicious mind, and climate change protesters in particular, a huge amount of these school kids enjoy a day off, some will be genuine of course.
    I have just watched a clip on youtube, on Greta Thunberg and her protests in Alberta, and the guy asks some pertinent questions, and gets some doubtful answers, if you watch the clip you will see daddy has a liking for bananas, surely he would not like to eat them if they had airmails attached ?, so the climate must have really changed dramatically, and he's eating local grown Alberta bananas !!!!, kt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSH-x6DhfW0
    R689823

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Vernon View Post
    Just going back to Climate change,well Today here it is bleedin cold at present here only 8 degrees with Wind and a wee bit of Rain but not much as well. They say there is Snow on the Peaks ! Summer! Well i never ,if this carries on in a Year or two we will also be like the UK with a White Xmas! Brrrrr! Whats happening!!
    I have my Gas heating on never had to use it before in December!
    Its crazy this weather and i now say there is a definate change in the Climate all over the World.
    Cheers
    ha ha, dont complain; it was -6 here over the weekend, but today is a mild 5* with 12 forecast for Friday, I would go down the beach but the water temperature hasn't caught up.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The UN Secretary has stated that the earth has reached is tipping point regard climate change and the continual rise in Co2.
    Yesterday on the Web a group of scientists have reported that Co2 emmissions have peaked and that they expected the climate to stabilize.
    Who do you believe?
    Vic

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Sadly, I am alright Jack, is no longer good enough.

K.

7. Likes Des Taff Jenkins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by vic mcclymont View Post
    The UN Secretary has stated that the earth has reached is tipping point regard climate change and the continual rise in Co2.
    Yesterday on the Web a group of scientists have reported that Co2 emmissions have peaked and that they expected the climate to stabilize.
    Who do you believe?
    Vic
    Certainly not a politician, as they haven't been listening for donkeys. Is the climate being used as a big distraction I wonder.
    Des

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The greater majority of people cannot distinquish between weather and climate, two separate entities.

For example the climate of UK is temperate, that is seasons of wet and dry, hot and cold. Varying temperatures with some big varies at time and varies in hours of light and dark.

Singapore is tropical, a wet season and a dry one, little difference in temperature and also in hours of light and dark.

Weather is due to many factors, sun spots can make a big difference, the temperature of the gulf stream and many other factors.

NASA say the global average temp has dropped by some 0.6 of a degree and will continue over the next decade with a total drop of about 1.2 degrees.

But hey, never let a good story get in the way of the truth, got to have the population thinking the same way as those in power, and this whole thing is more to do with that than any climate.

Some years ago an ex banker told me of the CHINDIA syndrome.

The rise of China and India, something the west will go to any lengths to stop.

China is now officially the richest nation on earth according to latest figures, our Donald is not happy with that.
    Happy daze John in Oz.

Life is too short to blend in.

John Strange R737787
    World Traveller

10. Likes Captain Kong, vic mcclymont liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Here in Boltonistan , the climate, weather hasnt changed one bit.
    Summer came, all the flowers came out, my apple trees had a good crop, including my fig and Victoria Plum tree,
    September to October the leaves began to turn to gold,
    End of October and November the leaves fell off the trees,
    Now it is December approaching winter, the last five days including today cold and frosty but blue skies and sun. It is beautiful,
    A PERFECT SUMMER, AUTUMN AND NOW WINTER. so what is the problem???????

We are being brainwashed. All our time and energy is being wasted because some daft green and polly is telling us we are doomed.
    Brian.

PS Maybe this is why all the migrants want to live in Boltonistan.

#

Keith at Tregenna Guest

Decade of 'exceptional' heat likely to be hottest on record, experts say

“This [temperature rise] does not simply mean slightly warmer summers, it means an increased frequency of extreme weather globally – droughts, heatwaves, flooding and changing patterns in the frequency and intensity of tropical cyclones.
    “These impacts are real and happening now and place huge pressures on communities and countries – put simply, these impacts make for a more unstable world, and are already having profound impacts on our ecosystems and biodiversity.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...cid=spartanntp

13. Likes Harry Nicholson liked this post
Page 36 of 60 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast